Oak Street Health Employee Reviews

A Transition Job
Senior Outreach Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2018
You get the freedom to work how you would like to work but sometimes management puts stress on you to hit certain numbers. Sometimes the job became quantity over quality. Everyone in the clinic doesn't always work together for the greater cause. The clinic side has drama sometimes. A lot of rumors were started and maintained. Some staff bulling. Management and staff needs more training on professionalism. The company does have different events through out the year and acknowledge teams and individual people. Overall the company is a great company. The individual clinics are hit and miss depending on the management.
Overall love it
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Southgate, MIDecember 15, 2017
My work-life balance has definitely improved. As a provider, there are a lot of meetings, but they are all for a good cause in better taking care of the patient. The work environment is mostly relaxed and very enjoyable. I love that it is a learning environment and I feel like I am becoming a better provider while working here.
Great Environment
Referral/ Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 12, 2017
Fun place to work, fast paced job! Very friendly. Everyone works together for patient satisfaction. One of the best place I've ever worked at. Doctors are very supportive and concerned about patients health.
Pros
Fun Environment
Cons
30 min lunch
Outreach Director (Current Employee) –  Blue Island, ILDecember 1, 2017
Great place to work, Fun environment, Great mission to help the the older population. They believe in rewarding their individuals who work hard with promotions.
Horrible call center management and environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  1520 Kensington, Oakbrook, ilNovember 30, 2017
The call center director was horrific along with the call center manager. They have poor communication and management skills. The center is extremely unprofessional including the director/manager. The center is out of control: no accountability, no control, the reps are allowed to watch movies, cell phones and dress so poorly. The excuse is "we are a new call center". They have no control what so ever. They all have lack of professionalism in many ways. Until the senior mgmt team steps in to remove those individuals, it will not get any better.
Working at Oakstreet
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2017
I like the model of oak street . There is a room that I call the fun room where the patient can come to while that wait to see the provider. They can participate in the activities.
Great ideas & plans
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 31, 2017
The overall idea is great but the reality is way different. The people that have been there the longest do whatever they want and get away with it. Newbies get thrown into the position with little to no "real" training besides videos. Pay was great but I had no benefits because of it being a part time position.
Pros
1 hr lunches, company outings
Cons
Extremely hectic and busy at times. You get pulled 10 different ways at the same time.
Not a good place to work.
Outreach Associate (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 18, 2017
Poor management, cut throat atmosphere, management does not listen to those in the field. They hire people with little to no experience to lead teams. They use bait and hook tactics not only with their employees, but also their patients. Quality of care is not that great for patients. Just overall toxic environment to work in.
Pros
Exposure to different economic cultures.
Cons
Poor management/leadership
fair workplace
Outreach Associate (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILOctober 8, 2017
everyone works as a team and everyone cares about their job. But pay could be better. People are also sometimes very unorganized which could affect everyone
Wonderful and innovative organization
Senior Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 19, 2017
Oak Street Health is an amazing organizing that is truly serving the underserved in the Midwest. They focus on providing unlimited access to high quality care for those in our population that need the care the most. If you're looking for a company that has a mission, great benefits, and great colleagues to learn with and from, this is the company for you.
Neat!
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 1, 2017
Working here can get busy and slow some days. Slow days you are bored out of your mind, but you can always ask anyone if they need help. Doctors and medical assistants are ready to cross train you on certain things so you can do. Love it!
Great, If You Know the Right People
Referral Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 30, 2017
I think the mission of the company is absolutely fantastic. The founders are amazing. I truly believe this company is going to be international within the next ten years. However, I believe the particular team I am on allows me no growth unless I get close to the "right" people.
Population Coordinator
Population Health Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Blue Island, ILAugust 23, 2017
Great workers, but managements needs improvement. I enjoyed my time there and has taught me many of my skills. Great team we all support one another and help each other.
A " Technical 'Oakie' "
Sr. Help Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  30 W. Monroe AvenueAugust 22, 2017
Oak Street Health is an innovative and proactive health care organization with progressive, value-based, primary care centers throughout the Midwest region.

The Help desk support team encompasses a dedicated team of staff in a dynamic space of remote and desktop support. Along with AD and Google Mail Administration responsibilities for more than 20 clinical facilities, whose focus is primary care and working personally with the local community.
Great culture, need to value talent better
Associate (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2017
OSH overall has an amazing work culture - I have met some amazing, bright individuals. Unfortunately many of us do a lot of work but do not compensated appropriately. Any mention of raises or promotions will get you a very disgruntled reply from your manager. They tend to not pay their actually talented employees well and will squeeze anything they can out of them. I've seen too many people that are only ok at their jobs get massive raises because they got a job offer somewhere else and OSH countered.
Pros
Great culture
It was all about the patients until it became all about the numbers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2017
Awesome company when I first started but things began to change once more and more clinics were opening. There were definitely a lot of cliques and management wasn't the best at understanding your role and the amount of time it takes to do what we each have to do with a population that requires more time and understanding (our seniors). And working salary means I was getting paid the same even if I was working almost 12hr shifts 5 days a week in order to get everything done for my patients and the Dr. Wasn't worth it when you have a family of your own to take care of also.
Good if you are single and no kids
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 9, 2017
Great if you are in sales but not much if you work in the actual clinic.Clinical staff do not get bonuses or incentives, very little room for growth as a social worker
good place to learn, questionable work culture
Clinical Informatics Specialist (medical scribe) (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 26, 2017
In my time at Oak Street, I learned so much about health care and serving patients. Many of the people I worked with at my clinic were kind, helpful, and passionate about their work. The general workplace culture, though, needs improvement. Management did little to nothing to address conflict in the workplace.
not a good place to work
Outreach Associate (Former Employee) –  3433 W. Madison St.June 8, 2017
the manager stole my clients from me an give them to other member of his team. And win I caught him he said he did not do it deliberately but I lost my job because of it.
Pros
working with the seniors
Cons
the manager is a liar
Okay
Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 20, 2017
Just OK
Set schedule
Nice coworkers
Poor Management
Unpredictable schedule
Demanding patients
May be sent to other locations last minute without much say