The Department of Emergency Medicine at Highland Hospital (a medical non-profit facility) is seeking a full-time Research Coordinator. Our department currently conducts self-funded research, publishing 15-25 original papers per year, and has done so for 30 years. We seek to continue and expand our level of productivity and continue to pursue grant funding. Our department has particular interest in research on emergency ultrasound, pain management, infectious disease and social factors in health, though we ask and answer a wide variety of questions with our research.
This position reports to the Department of Emergency Medicine Research Director. The incumbent will work closely with the Research Director, Associate Research Director, and several other Department of Emergency Medicine faculty with an interest in research, as well as with residents and medical students running or participating in departmental research.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Performing subject screening, enrollment and primary data collection for original studies
- Creating and maintaining procedural manuals for all new studies
- Maintaining data quality procedures on all studies
- Managing research volunteers, ensuring volunteer staffing plans for all ongoing studies, and maintaining relationships with programs who supply us with volunteers
Maintaining ongoing inventory of active studies
- Preparing IRB materials for all departmental studies, and maintaining upkeep of their IRB status
- Assisting in manuscript and grant proposal preparation and submission
- Cleaning, organizing and structuring data for analysis, including large datasets
- Performing basic data analysis (advanced analysis, preferred)
Required Education, Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree or higher; Masters preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of medical research practices and scientific methods
- Demonstrated experience conducting research
- Demonstrated experience assisting with the publication of research in scientific journals
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to design and implement a clinical research program in a hospital-based setting
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Access and Word; proficient in Stata highly desireable
- Ability to lead and collaborate as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to lead and manage research assistants and interns
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Abilty to design, develop and continuously evaluate clinical protocols
- Ability to move research projects through an institutional review board and human subjects approval
- Ability to function as a team member within the emergency medical milieu, and adapt to the challenges specific to safety-net institutions
- Ability to quickly gain an understanding of all compliance issues related to running our Department of Emergency Medicine research program
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster. Please, no phone calls about this job. Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.