OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXNovember 19, 2017
A very nice building with hard working nurses. The staff are overworked and safety is not the priority. Lots of staff leaving due to stressful working conditions. Very much a blame culture, written up for anything and everything, terminations of staff. Job security is not there, generally treading on egg shells.
Pros
Great staff, hard working
Cons
Poor management, lack of updated resources, extremely stressful, low staff morale
Non-recommended
E.R. Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 30, 2017
Overall terrible place to work. Benefits available to ful time employees including life insurance, health, dental, vision and 401K. Also-paid time off and sick leave
Friendly advice as other people in Houston says, "Stay away from Oakbend like it's life or death"
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 4, 2017
The worst management in my 20 years of nursing. New management started August 2017. People are leaving as fast as a semi-automatic. Five Charge Nurse left in one month, either resign or wrongfully terminated as well as other people due to severe dissatisfaction. New Director does not have any idea what to do but to verbally threat of termination to hard working people. New Unit Manager is a Kindergarten in college unaware of what is happening on the floor.

There is no appreciation and value. One Nurse working there for 8 years pulled out on the floor and terminated the same day without major issue or wrongdoing. Leaving her patient behind. Some people fired because of Hurricane Harvey, which is absolutely wrong by Federal Law. People disappear here without a warning.

You can check review in Memorial Hermann Sugarland and people will say it has bad management because people there came from Oakbend Medical Center.

The only reason it has a star because there is no Zero!
Pros
Unit Staff works hard and efficiently as much as they can. Even with up to 7 patients at a time.
Cons
Company can be good without the bad inexperience management who are pretending like a good actor.
An o.k. place to work.
CDA Tech (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXAugust 21, 2017
Oak Bend is a decent place to work. The people who work there are great but completely under appreciated. Especially the people that make the hospital run- and I'm not talking about the nurses or doctors. I'm talking about the little people who work almost 24/7 to keep that place running.
Rn
HSE Preop Pacu (Former Employee) –  Sugarland, TXAugust 2, 2017
This is the worst hospital system ever. They don't spend there money to promote a safe environment for patients are staff. Do not work here unless you are desperate for work. Nurses are not treated with respect. And you will not get 40 hours even though you were hired for fulltime
Staff nurse in surgery
RN Surgery (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXJuly 18, 2017
You have to be tough to work in surgery no matter where you are working. My days change daily depending on who I am working with. Oak Bend as a whole is a good company to work for. Every job you have will have will have its pros and cons. I do enjoy working with my co-workers and feeling accomplished at the end of the day when surgery is over. .
Pros
PRO- good work life balance and staff is acknowledged for a job well done
Cons
CONS- you have to stay late because there is not a second shift to relive you at surgery centers
Needs a change of administrative leadership
Nurse Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 28, 2017
Great facility at Williams Way. Some amazing staff members. Administration has not engaged in the philosophy that if you take good care of your employees, they will take good care of the patients.Salaries and benefits are competitive but the daily care issues that staff deal with are not worth the money.
Bad management and no security
Radiology assistant (Current Employee) –  1705 Jackson street Richmond tx 77469May 24, 2017
I would not work here ever again, management is horrible and doesn't take care of problems. They change your schedule and no job security. No benefits
Pros
People are friendly
Cons
Bad management
Student Intern
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXMay 16, 2017
The office was a great environment. Everyone came to work, did their work and went home. It is organized very well and under the instruction of a really great supervisor. I interned in the HIM department and really enjoyed all of the co workers. I learned alot from this department and I can not wait to go back.
Slow paced
EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 12, 2017
Punitive work environment. Poor retirement benefits. Didnt invest on manpower but rather consider them dispensable. Management didnt care about staff.
Nice to work with the chanrge nurse and nurses
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXMarch 19, 2017
I like it, cause the nurses help you with the patients and they respect you. work place is good no pressure you work on your own time. What I like most is that the place is very clean smell good, you have all the supply you need.
Pros
work in your own pace
All about money, none about patients
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMarch 14, 2017
This system is about making money at the cost of patient safety and care. Employee safety, education and satisfactions is nowhere on the board. Very behind in equipment, not certified in trauma, chest pain, stroke or any other advance services.
Pros
close if you live here
Cons
lack of support and care of patients
Woring
ER Monitor Technician/Unit Secretary PRN (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXMarch 1, 2017
Oabend is a friendly place of employment.
Small community hospital, but great for new comers into healthcare.
Most enjoyable working in Oakbend ER is the fast pace work and the un-expectancy of work.
Ejoyable work family and job security
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXFebruary 12, 2017
Oakbend has given me many opportunities to grow as an individual and develop new skills. Management is encouraging in progression of goals. Working with the many individuals within this company has made me many new friends and mad working the long 12plus hour shifts enjoyable. The hardest part of the job in respiratory is the constant stress of something always needing to be done. Coworkers are always willing to give you a hand which makes it easier and less stressful for day to day activities.
Pros
Friendly enviormoment and ease of learing for new graduates just starting careers
Cons
Not always getting breaks
Registered staff stay away
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXFebruary 12, 2017
If you like having a nursing license stay away from this place. Incredibly understaffed. The staff that was there didn't give a flying gig and lied about their pt reports. Management does whatever they want and retaliation was rampant. Pt safety disregarded to do more procedures any time of the day or night. It's all about money. Some of the doctors they have there I wouldn't let touch my pet goldfish.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Everything else
Understaffed Oakbend
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Don't ever believe the open door policy and we don't fired people who give honest feedback over safety, under-staffing, morale, etc. If you want to work for a facility where your manager or director will help out during a crisis this is not the facility for your career.
Cons
High turnover, low morale
managable
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJanuary 27, 2017
my typical day was registering patients and obtaining approvals for patient stays. I learned plenty. I started off in the ER, then wanted to learn more so I was moved to the womens imaging center and then ended up in the front admissions department. My manager at the time was awesome, she helped us out when she saw that we were backed up. The hardest about that job was building a relation ship with many of the patients and then seeing them gone. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet many patient.
Pros
the patients
Cons
short lunch and low pay
Fast paced healthcare invironment
Controller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXDecember 27, 2016
Very fast paced with lots of opportunities for system improvements but very little money to make changes. Staff is dedicated but the work environment is tough. Very large indigent population.
Pros
Liked working in Richmond
Cons
Lots of turnover
Learning opportunity was great
MED-SURG FLOOR NURSE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXDecember 10, 2016
I loved my Boss as she was fair and fun. She understood her staff and always remained fair with her decisions. My Co workers were very helpful and fun to work with. It was a great learning experience for the start of my career.
Company
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 26, 2016
This company is a great starting place but not for long term career goals.This is not for people how want to progress in their careers.
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed and very unprofessional belief system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7