OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER

OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER Employee Reviews

managable
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXJanuary 27, 2017
my typical day was registering patients and obtaining approvals for patient stays. I learned plenty. I started off in the ER, then wanted to learn more so I was moved to the womens imaging center and then ended up in the front admissions department. My manager at the time was awesome, she helped us out when she saw that we were backed up. The hardest about that job was building a relation ship with many of the patients and then seeing them gone. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to meet many patient.
Pros
the patients
Cons
short lunch and low pay
Registered staff stay away
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXFebruary 12, 2017
If you like having a nursing license stay away from this place. Incredibly understaffed. The staff that was there didn't give a flying gig and lied about their pt reports. Management does whatever they want and retaliation was rampant. Pt safety disregarded to do more procedures any time of the day or night. It's all about money. Some of the doctors they have there I wouldn't let touch my pet goldfish.
Pros
Leaving
Cons
Everything else
Understaffed Oakbend
Certified Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXFebruary 6, 2017
Don't ever believe the open door policy and we don't fired people who give honest feedback over safety, under-staffing, morale, etc. If you want to work for a facility where your manager or director will help out during a crisis this is not the facility for your career.
Cons
High turnover, low morale
Busy Med Surgical Tele Unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXAugust 30, 2016
Busy medical-surgical unit that also takes care of telemetry and occasional pedi patients. Nurses responsible for assessments, implementation, documention, order entry, and evaluating care of 5-6 patient. Daily interaction with members of the healthcare team. Administer medications via oral, IV, IM and topical routes. Proved leadership to 5-7 staffmembers, participated in staff evaluations and feedback. When staffing changes made, the workload increased but the team worked to get the work done safely.
Pros
Community hospital that cares for patients regardless to ability to pay
Cons
often, work did not allow for timed breaks. cut short due to unit activity
Fast paced healthcare invironment
Controller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXDecember 27, 2016
Very fast paced with lots of opportunities for system improvements but very little money to make changes. Staff is dedicated but the work environment is tough. Very large indigent population.
Pros
Liked working in Richmond
Cons
Lots of turnover
Learning opportunity was great
MED-SURG FLOOR NURSE (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXDecember 10, 2016
I loved my Boss as she was fair and fun. She understood her staff and always remained fair with her decisions. My Co workers were very helpful and fun to work with. It was a great learning experience for the start of my career.
Company
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 26, 2016
This company is a great starting place but not for long term career goals.This is not for people how want to progress in their careers.
Cons
Short breaks, short staffed and very unprofessional belief system.
yuck
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXSeptember 15, 2016
micro-managers, moral is low, turn over rate is extremely high, always looking to fire people, no support or praise, changes are made all the time and everyone is not on board so confusion sets in and no one knows whats going on
was very productive and learnt from my nurses
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2016
A great facility to learn in a medical surgical set up.I enjoyed the relationship with my co workers and the patient relationships i had.Management was very supportive.Hardest ppart of job was the number of patients they used to give per nurse which made us nurses not give enough care.
No Oppurtunity for Advancement & Very Low Pay
Worked there in Various roles (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXDecember 15, 2015
If you don't "LOOK A CERTAIN WAY" you will not advance. This place is very clique oriented and racist when it comes to advancement. If you make someone made who's inside the upper management "clique" you will soon find yourself out the door. the pay is a joke. At one point the doctors were having to wait multiple days for a paycheck.
Pros
If your Lazy you'll love it.
Cons
Low pay, No advancement, Low Morale, Terrible Leadership
Radiology Technologist
MRITechnologist (Full Time) (Current Employee) –  Sugar Land, TXMay 21, 2015
Assist radiologists and technologists, as directed, to produce radiographs for diagnosis. Perform radiographic procedures for department protocols for positioning, technical setting and views. Operate radiographic equipment according to acquired skills. Responsible for appropriate records. Practice radiation safety. Complete examination on RIS and verify all CR/DR procedures on PACS. Work in ancillary areas of department (fluoroscopy, emergency room, and surgery). Follow TMH and department policies. Work cooperatively, as part of the team, to maintain a work environment that promotes mutual respect and professionalism. Demonstrate the components of the I CARE mission statement. Practice all safety rule precautions.
Good place to learn life skills and lessons
Floor Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXJuly 31, 2015
High stress medical environment good time management skills needed, somedays no lunch breaks, only several bathroom breaks immense satisfaction helping people
Pros
RELATIVELY CLOSE TO HOME, ALL COMPANY EMPLOYEES KNOWN, LASTING RELATIONSHIPS FORMED
Cons
POOR CONTRIBUTIONS TO 403-B RETIREMENT FUND
Not worth the effort
Business Office (Former Employee) –  RichmondApril 8, 2015
They lie about your perks and your job description. They say everything to get you in the door then renege on almost all of it. The salary is not worth all the extra duties they will assign you with. Favoritism is evident. Management does not believe in bonuses and annual increase are not promised and if they are given are subpar
Pros
close to home
Cons
No room for growth. Overworked and unpaid.
Very productive to work there at OakBend Medical Center
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 19, 2012
very nice atmasphere, cool to be working for. A day at work consisted of answering phones, putting files together for company. followed Policies and procedures. Management worked well always helpful. Co-workers were very helpful as well knowledgeable. The hardest part of the job was leaving with work for the next day. The most enjoyable part was the people that worked there.
Pros
celebrated anniversaries and birthdays
Cons
short lunches 30 minutes not enough time to eat
Great Work Environment
Patient Access Rep/Partner Liaison (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 17, 2015
Patient involvement, i love my team of co workers, getting authorizations, collecting payments, register patients daily, run and clean up reports, train partners on system
Providing nursing care to critically-ill patients
RN (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXJune 20, 2013
Providing nursing care to critically ill patients

Provide servivce from the heart

Hardest of the job is dealing with the departed love ones

Most enjoyable is maybe to learn from your co-workers and know your differences and similarities
Pros
Near work place and community Hospital
Cons
A little room for professional growth
it is hard to work 12 hours with a skeleton crew.
Senior Care Unit (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXSeptember 12, 2015
I truly enjoy the teamwork and the opportunity for learning there. But there is not enough sufficient orientation for the new nurses due to the nurse shortage.
Great place to work.
ICU/CCU Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work. Perfect pace for new graduates. Great experience with less volume. ICU takes care of critically ill patients.
Would not recommend
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Richmond, TXMay 3, 2012
Staff turnover high, not enough resources, morale low. Salaries very low compared to other facilities in the community
Cons
very low salary and benefits
was a stressul place to work.
Staff Nurse Medical-Surgical Unit (Former Employee) –  Richmond, TXNovember 14, 2014
There were a lot of cliques. management -big turnover. hard to advance in my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OAKBEND MEDICAL CENTER. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8