Oakland County Michigan Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Don't apply useless your desperate
Park Deputy (Former Employee) –  Oakland County, MIJuly 4, 2017
Part-time work with no chance for advancement or full-time employment. Supervisors encourage you to be an overpaid security guard than act as a real police officer. Pay is alright. Most of the co-workers are decent people, some are worthless. You are expected to work all summer with week days off. After 1000 hours you are laid off until next year.
Pros
Provide all equipment and uniforms
Cons
Micro management by supervisors, back stabbing culture
Terrible management
Painter ll (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIOctober 20, 2016
Facility management and laborers are not professional, lack knowledge, and don't deserve the positions they are in. Many of the workers do not work well with others. Egos are much larger than their abilities, and most could not get jobs outside their government positions. Good ole boys establishment where friends and family are considered for hire first. Many workers do nothing but hide or drive around in county vehicles all day. Management is either oblivious or just turn a blind eye to bad laborer conduct.
Pros
Decent pay and benifits
Cons
Bad management
Great summer jobs, I enjoy coming back every year.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Groveland Township, MISeptember 26, 2016
A typical day at work would be coming in and supervising the water and slide at the beach, ensuring safety for guests. I learned how to treat all guests with respect and have a professional manner at all times. Management is great. I enjoy working with all co workers with one exception. The hardest part of the job was to stay attentive to the water and the guests in the water only during shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was being outside every day at the beach.
Pros
Great pay, good hours, good staff
Cons
Not enough staff to function effectively
Love
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJanuary 18, 2016
I absolutely love working for Oakland County Parks and Recs, I work out of red oaks water park as a lifeguard and i couldn't imagine doing anything else with my summers
I loved being outside all summer long.
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIMay 10, 2012
• Constantly responsible for the wellbeing of others.
• Displayed my ability to work as a team with other lifeguards.
• Worked in an environment with a constant sense of urgency which allowed me to practice my skill of leadership in strenuous situations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakland County Michigan. Our community is ready to answer.

Oakland County Michigan Reviews by Job Title