OAKLAND HOUSING AUTHORITY Employee Reviews in United States

Family environment everyone is close
Clerical Intern (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 3, 2015
Both of my experiences working for Oakland Housing Authority has been positive everyone is professional and nice you can come to work with no drama and be able to focus stress free. the managers treat you like human beings, its a great feeling to wake up and come to a job you want to be at.
Pros
Hr Lunch, Employee comittee alway have activities for the employess and families
Cons
A fun and stress free environment
HR GENERALIST - CURRENTLY HR ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 7, 2015
Great management team and a fun place to work. There is no flex schedule. Hours are 8-5. Learned about team work. Able to work at your own pace. Opportunity to learn and grow in the field you are in.
Benefits
Cons
No flex schedule
This job made me a team player
Maintenance/Grounds Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 8, 2014
A typical day at Housing Authority is cutting grass ,trees picking up trash all over the grounds.I learned how to plan an organize a days work for more than 6 to 8 people . Management was cool but need work more with there coworker. Hardest part of the day was the heat sometime it s to hot outside but work must goes on. The enjoyable part was being outside to work.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
its work
You're Pass Retirment
Executive Assistant to the Board of Commissioners (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 19, 2015
To succeed within this agency you gotta kiss a lot of butt and be prepared to be bullied. Co-workers were backstabbers. Upper management are ball buster and clueless.
Pros
no layoff
Cons
management is ignorant
Challenging Workplace
Resident Intern Education (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Working for Oakland Housing Authority has been an awesome opportunity to learn and grow. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public. I enjoyed providing resources and information to those in need.
Pros
on street parking, hour for lunch and great co workers
Cons
position is temporary
Fast paced productive
Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 19, 2013
My consisted of various task. Everyday it was somthing different. I worked her for a little over 4years and enjoyed my work and coworkers. I cant say it was hard, it was just fast thinking and finding ways to make the job easier over all. Being able to fix and make clients happy.
Great benefits
Housing Assistance Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 11, 2013
OHA is a great place to work with excellent benefits for those in bargaining union positions.
Pros
i am allowed to make my own decisions
Cons
atmosphere and environment doesnt feel safe
...
Legal Secretary/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 5, 2013
I am contracted though Robert Half Legal.... Great attorney I'm supporting and flexible breaks.

2.9