OAKLAND HOUSING AUTHORITY Employee Reviews

Housing Authirity
Caseload Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJune 4, 2017
In this housing authority my job was to provide and maintain clients data and caseloads portfolioes. Participated in on-site, annual renewal, move-in, and complaint inspections.
Pros
Federal Gov Job
Cons
Con't find one.
God awful period of my life
Housing Assistance Representative II (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 17, 2017
There are rules.... unless someone special breaks them. Senior management tries to roll things out.... until middle management disagrees with aspects of the plan and then things fall apart. It takes an act of god to get fired and because everyone knows this the place is the definition of dysfunctional. Even folks with the best of intentions change over time and become part of the problem. Run, dont walk, from this place.
Pros
Dont have to do anything if you dont want to.
Cons
Management hates your existence.
Productive and positive work place
Finance Department Intern (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 20, 2016
Working at Oakland Housing Authority has been a great experience for me i have been here for two years and i have build skills i thought i would never have.The work load is fair and we help over 1000’s of people every day. Management is really good here, the management always have meetings and talk about how they can make Oakland housing authority more better. My co-workers are really nice and always willing to help me when it is needed. I learned how to use excel, how to budget money for a company, how to make payable batches to pay different company's that we work with through Oakland Housing Authority, and how to create new vendors. The hardest part about my job is when i have to look for the missing Amount in the money we receive from different tents or departments because it has to tie up to the expected amount we have to get from them, it can take all day and that can put a hold on other work i have to do. The most enjoyable part of my job is getting my work done before time, so i can move to my next project and keep the work from paling up.
Asssistant
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 1, 2016
Greet customers public presentation marketing and sales, driver great company got along well with others was on work on time everyday
Family environment everyone is close
Clerical Intern (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CASeptember 3, 2015
Both of my experiences working for Oakland Housing Authority has been positive everyone is professional and nice you can come to work with no drama and be able to focus stress free. the managers treat you like human beings, its a great feeling to wake up and come to a job you want to be at.
Pros
Hr Lunch, Employee comittee alway have activities for the employess and families
Cons
A fun and stress free environment
HR GENERALIST - CURRENTLY HR ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 7, 2015
Great management team and a fun place to work. There is no flex schedule. Hours are 8-5. Learned about team work. Able to work at your own pace. Opportunity to learn and grow in the field you are in.
Benefits
Cons
No flex schedule
You're Pass Retirment
Executive Assistant to the Board of Commissioners (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 19, 2015
To succeed within this agency you gotta kiss a lot of butt and be prepared to be bullied. Co-workers were backstabbers. Upper management are ball buster and clueless.
Pros
No layoff
Cons
Management is ignorant
This job made me a team player
Maintenance/Grounds Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAApril 8, 2014
A typical day at Housing Authority is cutting grass ,trees picking up trash all over the grounds.I learned how to plan an organize a days work for more than 6 to 8 people . Management was cool but need work more with there coworker. Hardest part of the day was the heat sometime it s to hot outside but work must goes on. The enjoyable part was being outside to work.
Pros
good benfits
Cons
its work
Challenging Workplace
Resident Intern Education (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 31, 2014
Working for Oakland Housing Authority has been an awesome opportunity to learn and grow. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public. I enjoyed providing resources and information to those in need.
Pros
On street parking, hour for lunch and great co workers
Cons
Position is temporary
Fast paced productive
Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 19, 2013
My consisted of various task. Everyday it was somthing different. I worked her for a little over 4years and enjoyed my work and coworkers. I cant say it was hard, it was just fast thinking and finding ways to make the job easier over all. Being able to fix and make clients happy.

Want to know more about OAKLAND HOUSING AUTHORITY?

Ask a question
...
Legal Secretary/Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 5, 2013
I am contracted though Robert Half Legal.... Great attorney I'm supporting and flexible breaks.
Great benefits
Housing Assistance Representative (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 11, 2013
OHA is a great place to work with excellent benefits for those in bargaining union positions.
Pros
i am allowed to make my own decisions
Cons
atmosphere and environment doesnt feel safe