Oakland Schools

Oakland Schools Employer Reviews

Good
Janitor /Porter (Former Employee), Pontiac, MIJune 26, 2013
I enjoyed working, simply because I am very grateful and was getting decent pay; I had nothing to complain about.
Over all great place to work!
Building Maintenance and Security Officer (Current Employee), Waterford, MIMarch 20, 2013
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: i work the afternoon shift
Over all Oakland Schools is a great place to work. I have been working the afternoon shift running the building at night. I am the only Oakland Schools employee in the building at night. I manage the cleaning crew, security, and the overall maintenance of the building.
Systems Analyst and Programer
PRIVATE CONSULTANT/PROGRAMMER/ANALYST (Former Employee), MichiganFebruary 23, 2013
Pros: great project that improves the quality of education and changes lives.
Cons: no cons for this position.
In this position I was responsible to meet with local school principles and faculties to analyze the best strategy to create a program that would allow the parent to see real time data regarding their students attendance and grades.

As lead design I was able to plan and develop the program that is still in existence today. Each day thousands of students – more... and parents and teachers use this system to record and observe a students attendance and grading. When certain number of days of attendance or tardies occur or a grade percent drops or increases, an automated letter is printed and sent via email or mail to the parent of the student, or to the student based on student age. – less