Oakland Schools Employee Reviews

Decent
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MINovember 3, 2014
Decent place to work not a lot of room for advancement within
Good
Janitor /Porter (Former Employee) –  Pontiac, MIJune 26, 2013
I enjoyed working, simply because I am very grateful and was getting decent pay; I had nothing to complain about.
Over all great place to work!
Building Maintenance and Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Waterford, MIMarch 20, 2013
Over all Oakland Schools is a great place to work. I have been working the afternoon shift running the building at night. I am the only Oakland Schools employee in the building at night. I manage the cleaning crew, security, and the overall maintenance of the building.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
i work the afternoon shift
Systems Analyst and Programer
PRIVATE CONSULTANT/PROGRAMMER/ANALYST (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 23, 2013
In this position I was responsible to meet with local school principles and faculties to analyze the best strategy to create a program that would allow the parent to see real time data regarding their students attendance and grades.

As lead design I was able to plan and develop the program that is still in existence today. Each day thousands of students and parents and teachers use this system to record and observe a students attendance and grading. When certain number of days of attendance or tardies occur or a grade percent drops or increases, an automated letter is printed and sent via email or mail to the parent of the student, or to the student based on student age.
Pros
great project that improves the quality of education and changes lives.
Cons
no cons for this position.