Oakland University

Oakland University Employer Reviews

Work Study program
Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Rochester, MINovember 24, 2014
Pros: study time
Cons: not knowing if i had a job from semester to semester
Lab attendant responsible for inventory of foreign language tapes. Students would come to window, receive the proper equipment and I would show them how to work equipment. I was able to study while it was quiet. The hardest part of the job was getting the equipment to stay working. Most enjoyable was being able to study.
School
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Auburn HillsNovember 4, 2014
I enjoy going to Oakland University. The atmosphere is lively and energetic.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MINovember 4, 2014
Working here at Oakland University it was my responsibility to support multiple supervisors. Duties here at OU included; incoming and outgoing phone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing paperwork. Also there were software skills required along with internet research abilities.
Design using CATIA
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, MIOctober 27, 2014
It was great to be a part of the research team. It introduced me to new field of sheet metal engineering. Working as a team with the professor and with the Johnson Controls Inc., was a enriching experience.
Intellectually Engaging Atmosphere
School of Nursing, Program Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 30, 2014
The School of Nursing at Oakland University provides the opportunity to participate in innovative program development.
Welcoming and Educational
Fitness Intern (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 29, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Many different programs. Beautiful campus.
Oakland University
Acting Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: see above
Very nice people, low stress, great managers. Beautiful campus.
Great Facuty
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MISeptember 22, 2014
Had a Great Experience to learn and teach students in the Communication Lab in the university.
A great business school
Student (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 17, 2014
At Oakland University the staff that I dealt with were very engaged with the students.
Determined o Succeed
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 8, 2014
Thank you for a hard day at work. Mornings start a 4:30 am and end at 2pm.
Great cause, long distance, commission based
Marketing Intern/Knowledge Drive Representative (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: donations to africa, management, marketing
Cons: long distance, pay
You as a student desire the most efficient way to get your homework done faster, studying done quicker with the most immediate understanding. It is inevitable that no matter what there will always be practice and patience. Course Hero offers an opportunity to look at current and older study notes for you exact courses via high school and or college. – more... To always be updating these courses from specific teachers, there is a need for people to upload their old and current study documents online following the image underneath. The Knowledge Drive has partnered up with Books for Africa two years ago, and for every 10 documents that you upload, 1 book gets donated to Africa. Raising over 90,000 books with the sky as the limit. Beneficial to both yourself as you receive 1 month of Premier Access to Course Hero will be awarded to every student who uploads 40 documents. Receiving additional days of membership for every document uploaded beyond 40 to look at midterms, finals, practice quizzes, etc. for future classes scheduled! I believe most people have a strong belief that the greatest personal measure of career success is whether or not we have made a difference to the world. Not every person has a good start to life as others do, but everyone deserves a chance to get to their own. Upon my Leader Link on the Course Hero website, it just takes a little time to create an account, to help contribute to not only an intelligent but sentimental cause. Hardest part is getting paid $10 for every course uploaded which can range from 10-50 documents, but you really don't mind the pay because of all the books getting donated and that simply is the most enjoyable part about this job. – less
Research Assistant
Summer Research Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, MIJuly 4, 2014
Data entry, mathematics education, databases, summer work oppurtunity
Friendly Atmosphere
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, MIJune 25, 2014
I learned how to work with a diverse group of people. i have learned that everything is not what it seems.
Great Environment
(REU), Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Rochester, MIApril 20, 2014
As a student researcher this was a great environment to work in Michigan. The professors care about their students and the their work. If you can get a stipend to do research here go for it.
Front Desk Receptionist
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Rochester, MIApril 16, 2014
It is a usual front desk receptionist position. Training is excellent, and they are very flexible with hours.
Employee friendly workplace in support of staff and student development.
Teacher Mentor (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMarch 28, 2014
Pros: complete autonomy within set framework.
Cons: pay scale has opportunities.
I set my own schedule via those in my charge. In two years, I enhanced my support to those in my charge, avoided miscues, provided more relevant support, and developed closer relationships with involved decision-makers, administration, and colleagues.
Easy job
Dynamic Causal Modeling (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMarch 26, 2014
Five days per week. I have learned new technology for analyzing fMRI data. My co-worker is Prof Siadat. The challenge part was the noise in fMRI. And the project was very important in terms of studying why some people stay in an anxiety model long.
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, MIFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: long shifts
A typical day at work involved checking the e-mail, voicemail, and sending out e-mails and returning phone calls. I would then enter and check data, organize drawers and files, conduct phone screens, schedule appointments.
I loved that job.
New Student Recruiter (Former Employee), Rochester, MIJanuary 16, 2014
very professional. Allowed a lot of time for college students.
Great Entry Level Job
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Rochester, MIJanuary 13, 2014
Job was entry level / work-study, not much else to say. Was able to do homework while getting paid.

1 2 3