Oakland University Employee Reviews in United States

Student worker
Survey Statistician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIApril 23, 2016
Choose your research advisor wisely. You will regret it if you don't. If you do, it can be a great experience. The stupid review forces me to leave a minimal amount of words in this space. So, blah blah blah blah blah blah.
great place to work and get an education
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 17, 2016
Really did have the best time there, made so many freinds and everyone is helpful and happy. As far as mid-wester schooling goes i dont think you can find more caring instructors.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not much
Great School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIApril 2, 2016
Great school for undergraduates. The opportunities here are second to none. The emphasis on undergraduate experiences means the you are enabled to succeed more than at other universities.
Very good environment for study.
Teacher, English (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills MichiganMarch 9, 2016
All Professors were very helpful. The college was also very organized. People were also so nice. I really liked Oakland University.
Productive work please
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIMarch 3, 2016
I am in contact with the student every day to help them with their homework or any other issue they may have. Working with student is fun and make you feel you are contributing to the community you live in.
Beside the student I work with my adviser professor in research and this is the most fun I get in this job.
Very fun and educational research experience!
Student Researcher (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 24, 2016
The good thing about this program was that you had the freedom of setting your own schedule. Some days, we would start early in the morning and work well into the night. Other days, you may only get four hours of work out of the day.
Overall, it was very fulfilling.
Oakland University
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 14, 2016
Job Work load is heavy with very little training. Management expectation is stressful and unrealistic of training. Co-workers are very rude and hard to get to know. When in training your point of contact will give you a limited time period to learn your assignment. Do not give training, but have to learn as you go and beware if you make errors.
benefits
Cons
co-workers are rude
fun workplace
Secretary/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 11, 2016
Getting to know the students was so fun. So many different cultures and knew things learned is always amazing. I learned that working in a big atmosphere is not as scary as I thought lol. the worst part was having to leave because my car broke sown
Love this school!
Office Assistant, Academic Skills Center (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 4, 2016
I had the best time at Oakland University while earning my Bachelors. The on campus community as well as the professors made it an experience to remember.
Move Ahead
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIDecember 17, 2015
OU is totally moving forward. I think with the new President they will see much advancement in the overall priorities of the school. I really did not care for the lack of parking for employees. I worked in the C&M department, and I have to say, it was like working in an understaffed ad agency. It was tough commuting 40 minutes, playing musical cars for 10-15, walking sometimes 7 minutes to my builder, only to get there to put out fires.
Pros
Overall a great place to work
Cons
Better parking
Intern
international (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 25, 2015
I had nice experience at the job.
I learn the real accounting and finance stuff .
I work very detail oriented work. its 20 hour job but I learn alot.
Pros
Good experiance.
Cons
no benifits
Good school, but needs less drama
TECHNICAL SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 7, 2015
it's a good place, but there is lots of drama. management is very weird. Some people are nice some not. I learned that take you need to take everything seriously.
Oakland University
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIOctober 25, 2015
It offers instructional programs of high quality that lead to degrees at the baccalaureate, master's and doctoral levels as well as programs in continuing education; it advances knowledge and promotes the arts through research, scholarship and creative activity; and it renders significant public service. In all its activities, the university strives to exemplify educational leadership.
Pros
Free tuition for faculty
Cons
almost none
A day of being a peer tutor at Oakland University
Academic Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIOctober 5, 2015
I originally started working this job while I was a student at OU and would tutor after my day of classes would be done for the day. As a tutor, it was permissible to work up to 20 hours a week either as a walk-in tutor where students could come in and ask for tutoring help or as an appointment tutor where you had one one hour sessions with a student.
Pros
Make your own schedule, great staff, and very friendly environment.
Cons
Only allowed to work up to 20 hours each week and minimum wage pay.
Nice educational environment
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 26, 2015
I liked it. The department of biological sciences is very understanding and professional. The chair for the biology department, however, is not that professional.
Cons
Parking
Fun, interesting, friendly environment
Library/Clerk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MISeptember 25, 2015
College job that had no restrictions on learning, growing and improving in different areas within the job. Management was understanding and supportive. Very diverse culture of employees
Pros
study breaks
Cons
low pay
Gets tiring really quick
Residential Assistant/Night Watch Desk Worker (Former Employee) –  Auburn HillsSeptember 23, 2015
A lot of "games" being played in housing in order to advance or get a position in the first place. They only support diversity if you conform to their beliefs and individuality is rare.
Guest Lecturer
Guest Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 12, 2015
Guest Lecturer is the official title for Clinical Nursing Instructors. Term to term contract with very little on campus time.
Cons
No advancement.
Assisting students with their education
Project Upward Bound Tutor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 11, 2015
Laid back but busy at the same time. I learned that not all students learn at the same past. Management is excellent. My co-workers was helpful and serious about making sure the students get the best education possible. The hardest part was getting the students to listen and do their homework without being disturb by other classmates. The most enjoyable part was seeing results that the students got on the homework because of me and my co-workers assistance.
Pros
helping students succeed
Cons
short hours
Productive and informative environment
Research Assistant (full time) (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 9, 2015
I worked in a productive and fast-paced research lab. I was able to learn many new techniques while working independently as well as with other lab members.

4.4