Oakland University Employee Reviews

Energetic colleagues and workplace
Research Assistant, Optical Lab (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 28, 2016
I've been here for nearly 4 months. Typically, the daily work is to prepare the test set-ups, collect experiment results and analysis data. The preparing work includes designing and drawing testing part CAD drafts, cutting materials into desired shapes, pre-test the experiment machines.
From this work, I've learnt the basic ideas of using DIC system to test and evaluate several materials' properties.
Productive and Amazing place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Oakland University is a great University specially for the engineering students because they have one of the nicest building for the Engineering school. I like the school of engineering and I like the professors. This was the reason to work in Oakland University as a teacher assistant.
productive, informative, good learning experience
Grader (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 21, 2017
the grader jobs helps me keep in touch with my interests in lean and supply chain.
grading papers of various students with their different inputs on the same problem question, helps me understand the broader view of team work in solving queries.
Fun learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 2, 2017
A project for research was given for the day and everything was very organized. Any and all protocols were documented in a lab notebook. Co-workers and boss were very nice and encouraged growth in the workplace.
Productive and a great learning environment
E-Commerce Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Everyday I had to check the marketplace email for any products or events that needed to be started in the TouchNet database. Co-workers were easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Best College Job I Could Hope For
Costume Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 17, 2017
Hours were extremely flexible. Everyone enjoyed what they were doing which made a very pleasant workplace. Worked in the costume shop sewing/altering costumes.
Excellent Place to Work
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJuly 25, 2016
Great benefits and union protection are rare for clerical staff. Good pay, hours and lots of room for advancement and further training. One of the benefits is free university classes, a real plus for moving up. Benefits include 401K, optical, life insurance, etc.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Occational work freeze's prevent moves withing university
Great learning experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 26, 2016
This University was a great learning experience for me. I truly feel that I learned a lot here and that they truly care about each student. I hope one day to come back and teach for Oakland University.
Pretty campus
Director, Capital Planning & Design (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MINovember 28, 2016
Good opportunity to learn and grow in both career and higher education experience. Students bring a fun and diverse energy.
Pros
Pretty campus
Good job for students
Japanese Language Tutor (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 6, 2016
This position is good for language students seeking to build experience tutoring others. Very flexible schedules and work at your own pace teaching fellow students in lower level classes to upper levels. Tutors would fill out their availability on and online scheduling program and students would choose which times to meet at the Academic skills center and tutors would be paid hourly even if a student doesn't keep their appointment.
Great college
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 31, 2016
Good opportunities at OU. Definitely a growing school and is competing with higher level universities. I'd say that there is alot to do at OU and good people to meet.
Pros
Great school
Cons
Commute, parking
Great University
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIAugust 25, 2016
Great place to start, I learned everything I needed to get into the workforce after studying at OU. The professors are great, and I had access to equipment like H1 NMR. Pretty cool.
A lot to learn
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIAugust 22, 2016
highly equipped University, with a mix of many international students and professors, which truly gives a good way to exposure. Well planned and course designs, with a course project
Excellent
Clinical Nursing Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIJuly 12, 2016
Great working experience. The staff are very helpful, and the hospital has been receptive to the students. The parking is a challenge that time of the day.
Pros
Good location
Cons
parking is challenging during the afternoon
Social environment
Custodian III/Facilities (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 9, 2016
Please refer to information listed under Housing Oak. Ctr. as this is the same location, different building on campus.
Fine place to work
Student Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 6, 2016
Good if you're a student trying to work at the university, probably not desirable otherwise. Flexible hours and a good work culture.
Helpful in Research
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIJuly 18, 2016
My duty is divers from Teaching assistant that help and main instructor to support the student in and out of the class.
The other part is the research I am doing for my Ph.D degree.
Productive work please
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIMarch 3, 2016
I am in contact with the student every day to help them with their homework or any other issue they may have. Working with student is fun and make you feel you are contributing to the community you live in.
Beside the student I work with my adviser professor in research and this is the most fun I get in this job.
Student worker
Survey Statistician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIApril 23, 2016
Choose your research advisor wisely. You will regret it if you don't. If you do, it can be a great experience. The stupid review forces me to leave a minimal amount of words in this space. So, blah blah blah blah blah blah.
great place to work and get an education
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIApril 17, 2016
Really did have the best time there, made so many freinds and everyone is helpful and happy. As far as mid-wester schooling goes i dont think you can find more caring instructors.
Pros
great staff
Cons
not much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakland University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4