Oakland University

Oakland University Employer Reviews

Determined o Succeed
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 8, 2014
Thank you for a hard day at work. Mornings start a 4:30 am and end at 2pm.
Great cause, long distance, commission based
Marketing Intern/Knowledge Drive Representative (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: donations to africa, management, marketing
Cons: long distance, pay
You as a student desire the most efficient way to get your homework done faster, studying done quicker with the most immediate understanding. It is inevitable that no matter what there will always be practice and patience. Course Hero offers an opportunity to look at current and older study notes for you exact courses via high school and or college. – more... To always be updating these courses from specific teachers, there is a need for people to upload their old and current study documents online following the image underneath. The Knowledge Drive has partnered up with Books for Africa two years ago, and for every 10 documents that you upload, 1 book gets donated to Africa. Raising over 90,000 books with the sky as the limit. Beneficial to both yourself as you receive 1 month of Premier Access to Course Hero will be awarded to every student who uploads 40 documents. Receiving additional days of membership for every document uploaded beyond 40 to look at midterms, finals, practice quizzes, etc. for future classes scheduled! I believe most people have a strong belief that the greatest personal measure of career success is whether or not we have made a difference to the world. Not every person has a good start to life as others do, but everyone deserves a chance to get to their own. Upon my Leader Link on the Course Hero website, it just takes a little time to create an account, to help contribute to not only an intelligent but sentimental cause. Hardest part is getting paid $10 for every course uploaded which can range from 10-50 documents, but you really don't mind the pay because of all the books getting donated and that simply is the most enjoyable part about this job. – less
Research Assistant
Summer Research Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, MIJuly 4, 2014
Data entry, mathematics education, databases, summer work oppurtunity
Friendly Atmosphere
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, MIJune 25, 2014
I learned how to work with a diverse group of people. i have learned that everything is not what it seems.
Great Environment
(REU), Undergraduate Researcher (Former Employee), Rochester, MIApril 20, 2014
As a student researcher this was a great environment to work in Michigan. The professors care about their students and the their work. If you can get a stipend to do research here go for it.
Front Desk Receptionist
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Rochester, MIApril 16, 2014
It is a usual front desk receptionist position. Training is excellent, and they are very flexible with hours.
Employee friendly workplace in support of staff and student development.
Teacher Mentor (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMarch 28, 2014
Pros: complete autonomy within set framework.
Cons: pay scale has opportunities.
I set my own schedule via those in my charge. In two years, I enhanced my support to those in my charge, avoided miscues, provided more relevant support, and developed closer relationships with involved decision-makers, administration, and colleagues.
Easy job
Dynamic Causal Modeling (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMarch 26, 2014
Five days per week. I have learned new technology for analyzing fMRI data. My co-worker is Prof Siadat. The challenge part was the noise in fMRI. And the project was very important in terms of studying why some people stay in an anxiety model long.
Great opportunity to learn to train with online learrning
ELearning - Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Rochester, MIFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: flexibility and meeting new people
Cons: resource limitations
I enjoyed being able to launch my first online blended learning course.
Oakland University was flexible, I had great management support
The hardest part of the job was when students graduated. Teaching was so rewarding and meaningful as I watched my adult student grow in front of me in their understanding of their own purposes and passions as they went – more... on to assist other in their career searched and career promotions.

Very rewarding experiences! – less
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, MIFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: fast paced
Cons: long shifts
A typical day at work involved checking the e-mail, voicemail, and sending out e-mails and returning phone calls. I would then enter and check data, organize drawers and files, conduct phone screens, schedule appointments.
I loved that job.
New Student Recruiter (Former Employee), Rochester, MIJanuary 16, 2014
very professional. Allowed a lot of time for college students.
Great Entry Level Job
Computer Lab Monitor (Former Employee), Rochester, MIJanuary 13, 2014
Job was entry level / work-study, not much else to say. Was able to do homework while getting paid.
Helpful to the community and to students
Practicum Counselor (Former Employee), Rochester, MIOctober 4, 2013
Great learning opportunity. Many opportunities to learn and experience different diagnosis and treatments.
Lacks sincerity in administration, too much butt kiss required for promotion.
Financial Aid Adviser (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 4, 2013
Cons: administration unwilling to change policies to improve student satisfaction, which ultimately improved work environment.
High turnover, highly strressful, lack of collaboration and team spirit, everyone is just trying to get what they can out of the benefits( free education because of 100% tuition reimbursement.
Good place for work and study
Mathematics (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MIJuly 31, 2013
Good place for work and study. Because I was student and Graduate assistant so for me it was enjoyable time.
Fun and exciting place to work.
Asst. Facilities and Events Director/Internship (Current Employee), Rochester, MIJune 18, 2013
I was happy to be a part of Oakland University for the last 12 months and look forward to taking the valuable experiences with me to my next job.
Great fun working here
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Current Employee), Rochester, MIJune 17, 2013
Cons: we have excellent full covered hmo from priorityhealth
I have great time doing research here. we work many of Govt projects such as Department of defence(DoD), NSF, ARO, ONR etc.
Oakland University
Research Assistant for Dr. Virgil Zeigler-Hill (Current Employee), Rochester, MIJune 7, 2013
I enjoyed my four years at Oakland University. The professors were very helpful and dedicated as much of their time to helping students as they could.The school taught me a lot of valuable skills to continue to use throughout my professional career.
Generous DSS Program for students
Note Taker (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIMay 28, 2013
OU wants students to succeed; paying able students to take notes for unable students is one of many ways OU ensures success.
Has a lot of potential to be a great place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMay 28, 2013
Pros: great benefits, no weekends, students were amazing and fun.
Cons: internal unecessary stress created within, no jobs available elswhere in medical assisting within the company, very political.
A typical day was pretty easy. Unfortunately, you had to find things to do to kill time. Some days were crazy busy. Other days were slow. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unnecessary stress created by a co-worker and director. The director lacked experience in management. Unfortunately she made it difficult to communicate with her, she was – more... high strung and not very diplomatic. She lacked self restraint on her emotions. Sadly she would push her job off onto a co-worker, creating a hostile work environment. She did not welcome any opinions, and made it very clear that you need to "Roll out the Red Carpet" for specific individuals. Treatment was not the same for all. – less