Oakland University

Oakland University Employee Reviews

fun possition
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMay 19, 2015
Pros: dealing with students
Cons: dealing with students
Instructed and supervised students in Soil Science, Introduction to Environmental Science, General Chemistry and Organic Chemistry. Taught proper laboratory communication, techniques and safety practices. Worked closely with professors to design, organize and implement lab activities and procedures.
Learned a lot!
Event Intern (Former Employee), Rochester, MIApril 13, 2015
Working at Oakland University was fun! I learned a lot, and wish I could've kept my position (work study). A growing university, with a lot to offer!
Good place for entry-level positions (non-degree) with good benefits packet
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), Rochester, MIApril 10, 2015
The work environment is relaxed.
The focus is strictly students and faculty; staff are not important (staff clerical, administrative professionals, maintenance, etc)
I enjoyed the first 2 years because I was learning but after the 3rd year I haven't learned anything in my job.
I was able to receive my Master degree but I am unable to advance in the company because there are no positions available.
Employees generally stay in there positions until retirement.
An example of a good work environment (in my opinion)
Facility Services Crew Member (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MichiganMarch 14, 2015
Pros: good work environment, understanding management, free food
Cons: poor location for sports arena
I only worked when I was scheduled, I got to see the sporting events for free as myself and other co-workers would often be floor security during sporting events. Before the sporting events we would setup whatever is needed such as folding chairs along the sidelines during basketball games for the basketball players, setting up volleyball nets for volleyball games, etc. Management was more than understanding seeing as we were college students and our education came first but they were very kind people as well. Probably the only hard part of the job would be the location, the sports arena sat on a hill and if there was a soccer game scheduled walking down to the field was kind of risky. I enjoyed working as I could work with friends and acquaintances but everything was pretty enjoyable.
It was good and convenient for myself.
Lab Monitor and Receptionist (Former Employee), Rochester, MIMarch 6, 2015
This job was very convenient because I was a student at Oakland University during this time, which was the best part of the job. While maintaining this job I learned how to manage time between work and school. It gave responsibility that I really enjoyed. My boss was great and understanding towards me having school so it was never an issue if it conflicted with classes and work.
Director of Administration and Finance (Current Employee), Rochester, MIFebruary 18, 2015
Working at an institution of higher education is very rewarding. The University offers great benefits and work environment.
great education and experience
Counselor in Training (Former Employee), Rochester Hills, MIFebruary 12, 2015
The counseling center at ou is ran wonderfully, the supervision provided to up and coming counselors is great to be able to continue to properly treat clients.
Productive Workplace
Janitor (Temporary Filler) (Former Employee), Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 6, 2015
I enjoyed this job it was overall fair I started the job by Pulling trash, vacuuming classrooms, cleaning restrooms ,cleaning mirrors and an overall of keeping up with the housekeeping of the school.
Very satisfying online work environment
Adjunct Faculty Member (Current Employee), Rochester, MIFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: no travel involved
Oakland University has a very professional environment and is very student oriented. It has all levels of nursing education and is well respected in the state of Michigan and nationally.
Amazing, collaborative work environment
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, MIJanuary 6, 2015
Oakland University's business program is comprehensive and its faculty is very collaborative and supportive. I've worked with the faculty over the past couple of years and it has been a rewarding experience from the start. I've learned a lot about corporate culture, the research and publication process, strategic management, and organizational behavior while working for Oakland, and the most enjoyable part of the job was the intellectual stimulation that came with my job responsibilities. As a research assistant I collected data, developed papers, and reviewed literature, all of which I really enjoyed.
Work Study program
Lab Attendant (Former Employee), Rochester, MINovember 24, 2014
Pros: study time
Cons: not knowing if i had a job from semester to semester
Lab attendant responsible for inventory of foreign language tapes. Students would come to window, receive the proper equipment and I would show them how to work equipment. I was able to study while it was quiet. The hardest part of the job was getting the equipment to stay working. Most enjoyable was being able to study.
School
Facilities Manager (Current Employee), Auburn HillsNovember 4, 2014
I enjoy going to Oakland University. The atmosphere is lively and energetic.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Sterling Heights, MINovember 4, 2014
Working here at Oakland University it was my responsibility to support multiple supervisors. Duties here at OU included; incoming and outgoing phone calls, receiving and directing visitors, word processing, creating spreadsheets and presentations, and filing paperwork. Also there were software skills required along with internet research abilities.
Design using CATIA
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, MIOctober 27, 2014
It was great to be a part of the research team. It introduced me to new field of sheet metal engineering. Working as a team with the professor and with the Johnson Controls Inc., was a enriching experience.
Intellectually Engaging Atmosphere
School of Nursing, Program Assistant (Current Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 30, 2014
The School of Nursing at Oakland University provides the opportunity to participate in innovative program development.
Welcoming and Educational
Fitness Intern (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 29, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Many different programs. Beautiful campus.
Oakland University
Acting Laboratory Manager (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 29, 2014
Pros: see above
Very nice people, low stress, great managers. Beautiful campus.
Great Facuty
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Auburn Hills, MISeptember 22, 2014
Had a Great Experience to learn and teach students in the Communication Lab in the university.
A great business school
Student (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 17, 2014
At Oakland University the staff that I dealt with were very engaged with the students.
Determined o Succeed
Recreation Supervisor (Former Employee), Rochester, MISeptember 8, 2014
Thank you for a hard day at work. Mornings start a 4:30 am and end at 2pm.

1 2 3