Oakland University Employee Reviews

Productive place to work as a team..
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJune 9, 2017
Very good place to work.. To build very good working environment. . great customer skills.. Great listening and more importantly a very good culture environment
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Heat in kitchen
Super fun and great experience!
ADMISSION'S AMBASSADOR (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIMay 29, 2017
Who gets to say that they're an admission's ambassador for a University? Not loads! It's such a great experience to show the pride that you have for your school. I love the positive vibes that I receive when giving tours and just doing my job in general. Everyone is so appreciative! Working for the university also means getting a certain GPA so it motivates you to do well in school!
Pros
Being yourself and acceptance
Good learning environment
Student (Former Employee) –  Oakland County, MIMay 24, 2017
Lean material for a class, have to study and do homework for multiple classes and then take exams of what he learned from those classes and the books.
Pros
education
Cons
hard work
Pros and Cons of Working: Mostly Pros
Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 16, 2017
I open the desk at 8am, update the Excel cash sheet. Throughout the day I check in packages and mail and check packages out as well as rental equipment throughout the day. I make money transaction as well. My night shifts consist of me tidying the equipment rooms, updating the Excel money sheet and locking the office.
I learned about time management resulting in me using my time wisely and communicating with people of all ages and background.
The hardest part of the job was making sure I had time to do my homework and readings for class, otherwise the job was very accommodating. I enjoyed working in general, I didn't mind being on my feet or carrying heavy items. I enjoyed communicating with my bosses and working underneath them.
Pros
4 hour shifts.
Cons
Wasn't a job that allowed benefits
College Campus
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMay 15, 2017
Great place to work. Our team works very well together. We make the most of the resources provided and find innovative ways to share opportunities to families and individuals impacted by ASD.
Pros
Great work colleagues
Cons
Not enough employees
Fun place to be
Desk Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIMay 6, 2017
It was an easy job and vey laid back work. Worth working there if you're a student who lives on campus. It's a housing job so apply through housing when you get the opportunity!
Pros
Got to do homework, laid back, work at your own pace
Very laid back atmospher
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIMay 2, 2017
A typical day is very simple. Come into the research lab, figure out the synthesis that needs to be done, and perform. Any questions are always answered by the professor or post-doc. Very little stress.
Pros
Fluid Schedule
Cons
No room for advancement without new degree
Graduate Student
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIApril 6, 2017
Graduate students dont get any health benefits and are barely paid enough to survive. Were also completing coursework as well as researching so our hours are incredibly long
Excellent place for learning engineering
Teaching Assistant for Digital Logic (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 22, 2017
Courses are structured as per industrial requirements and latest technology research. Infrastructure, labs have everything in place that is essential for learning. Visiting professors are industry experts.
great school but not helpful in employment
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIMarch 17, 2017
I liked the program but couldn't specialize in what I wanted because not enough interest. To me I felt lost and wasn't communicated efficiently about program expectations.
Pros
good school
productive, informative, good learning experience
Grader (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIFebruary 21, 2017
the grader jobs helps me keep in touch with my interests in lean and supply chain.
grading papers of various students with their different inputs on the same problem question, helps me understand the broader view of team work in solving queries.
Productive and Amazing place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 26, 2017
Oakland University is a great University specially for the engineering students because they have one of the nicest building for the Engineering school. I like the school of engineering and I like the professors. This was the reason to work in Oakland University as a teacher assistant.
Best College Job I Could Hope For
Costume Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 17, 2017
Hours were extremely flexible. Everyone enjoyed what they were doing which made a very pleasant workplace. Worked in the costume shop sewing/altering costumes.
Productive and a great learning environment
E-Commerce Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIJanuary 4, 2017
Everyday I had to check the marketplace email for any products or events that needed to be started in the TouchNet database. Co-workers were easy to work with.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Fun learning environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MIJanuary 2, 2017
A project for research was given for the day and everything was very organized. Any and all protocols were documented in a lab notebook. Co-workers and boss were very nice and encouraged growth in the workplace.
Pretty campus
Director, Capital Planning & Design (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MINovember 28, 2016
Good opportunity to learn and grow in both career and higher education experience. Students bring a fun and diverse energy.
Pros
Pretty campus
Energetic colleagues and workplace
Research Assistant, Optical Lab (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MINovember 28, 2016
I've been here for nearly 4 months. Typically, the daily work is to prepare the test set-ups, collect experiment results and analysis data. The preparing work includes designing and drawing testing part CAD drafts, cutting materials into desired shapes, pre-test the experiment machines.
From this work, I've learnt the basic ideas of using DIC system to test and evaluate several materials' properties.
Great learning experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 26, 2016
This University was a great learning experience for me. I truly feel that I learned a lot here and that they truly care about each student. I hope one day to come back and teach for Oakland University.
Social environment
Custodian III/Facilities (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MISeptember 9, 2016
Please refer to information listed under Housing Oak. Ctr. as this is the same location, different building on campus.
Fine place to work
Student Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MISeptember 6, 2016
Good if you're a student trying to work at the university, probably not desirable otherwise. Flexible hours and a good work culture.