Oakley Employee Reviews in United States

Relaxed atmosphere, But no room for advancement
Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAMarch 9, 2016
It is nice to work at oakley, but i is difficult to advance in the company, even afer years of emploment. There is not enough comunication between production and management, leading to mistakes or unrealistic work loads.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
no increases in salary
Great environment fueled by brand passion and excellence.
Sales Lead Manager (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 1, 2016
Oakley was more than a job, it was a way of life. My coworkers became my family and we worked as a team to drive home the "Beyond Reason" attitude of Oakley. I learned how to communicate effectively and passionately with customers and built many relationships that translated into out of work relationships. As a temporary seasonal hire initially, I worked my way up to my current position as a Sales Lead Manager. I acted as a liason between upper management and sales associates and handled many of the same duties of my superiors. The most difficult part of working at Oakley was learning the ever changing product lines and tehnologies. However, after awhile, I learned to enjoy the challenge and realized that there were many differnt way in which I could accomplish the task. Hands down, the most enjoyable part of Oakley is the people; my coworkers and the customers. Oakley exudes an aura of different, Beyond Reason. The people I've met have become my closest friends, both coworkers and customres. I've enjoyed truly grasping the concept of building relationships and I understand completely how to take the lessons learned here and apply them to my future career.
Pros
Awesome discoutns on awesome products. Great atmosphere.
Cons
Uncertain schedule.
great work culture
IT Assistant (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 26, 2016
Oakley is a great place to work. They have created an amazing, fun culture for all employees. Management is very supportive.
Pros
on site health clinic
Great company to work for
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 12, 2016
A typical day would include running multiple reports to create Daily, Weekly, Monthly KPIs of the Distribution Centers to report to management. I would run the reporst in SAP to obtain the data, export to Microsoft Access or Excel to manipulate the data.

From this job I have learned how to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, One Note), Hyperion Smart View, SAP, and BW Excel Analyzer. I can use all these skills proficiently in the areas that are needed for analyzing data in different ways.
Great company, Horrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CADecember 3, 2015
The actual company is pretty great however, the management team is terrible. They don't really listen to what their employees have to say and they treat their employees like they are not welcome and they are unwanted. This could partially be because the store manager, both asm, and stock manager have not only worked together before but they are all friends and hangout outside of work. Before we had a Stock manager and a second asm there were no in house hiring options. The store manager posted on facebook about openings and hired her friends. Which i believe is not okay.
Cons
Short breaks, no holiday pay unless you are full time
Bait & Switch
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CaJuly 22, 2015
I was recruited for a specialized position, and promised a variety of things in terms of benefits, allowances, and culture. While those things do technically exist, what the recruiter conveniently failed to mention is that none of them would actually be applicable to my role. A year and a half later, Luxottica is integrating the company into itself, and suddenly my position is eliminated. Truth be told, I'm kind of glad. There are some awesome people there, but you couldn't pay me enough to go back.
Pros
some of the people, casual environment, great product.
Cons
the rest of the people, leadership that turns a blind eye and has no idea what's going on, Luxottica
My life at Oakely
Executive Assistant to the President (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJune 21, 2016
My almost 9 years at Oakley was by far the best job I have had in my career. From the outstanding talent at Oakley to the bring your dogs to work, the culture and the Oakley family, one could not have asked for more. The pace was fast but we had times for "slip 'n slide" contests, team races, bike rides, Halloween parties, go cart races, pizza nights and all kinds of fun. Because of my experience I was able to mentor many of my fellow employees as they entered the work force and grew within the company. Being in the Execuitve level, I experienced working with an intelligent level of management that worked together to make Oakley the company it is today.
The glass is half empty / half full
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 19, 2015
The best way to describe the culture is by using the Call Center moto "Keep the Stoke High!" If you do not have a positive attitude, your chances of succeeding here are slim. The company really teaches you how to develop communication skills (in the office/doing the job), office skills, and also helps you exercise team work as often as possible. This is a routine job -- meaning, you are going to hear the same issues every single hour of every single day (and your graded on how well you do). The hardest part of the job is patience. If you do not have patience, you might not float above water. The most enjoyable part about the job is the community that you surround yourself in with the many different (amazing) individuals.
Pros
Hour lunches, Holidays off, Weekends off, decent pay.
Cons
Graded calls, lack of management, no room for growth.
Great place to work, with even better people
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2016
Oakley provides a great work environment with lucrative monthly incentives. The team has a passion for the product which resonates that through everyone on board. Management, as well as the rest of the team willingly go out of their way to help out one another with sales techniques and or personal goals. I've learned so many things such as: elite customer service, prioritizing, team building skills, both sales and marketing techniques, and so much more. The hardest part of the job is the lack of opportunity on the retail level. Before going to corporate, theres only so far you can go, with limited positions. On the other hand, the most enjoyable aspect of Oakley would be the actual product itself. As employees, we get to touch, test, and explore the extent of the merchandise. This allows us to more comfortable explaining the product to our customer. This excites them, which excites us because our passion for the product is driving sales.
Pros
Sales experience, environment, product.
Cons
Lack of opportunity and scheduling.
Wear what you want.. Best part of the day is when my shift ends!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake ForestAugust 27, 2015
This job is great ! You can wear flips flops,jeans OR even your pajamas ! The schedule is awesome Mon- Fri so no weekends.

BUT be aware that your supervisors will not be very helpful and upper management will be clueless. You will not move forward, no room for advancement.

But hey if you just want to get paid to get yelled at about glasses and dress like a slob. Apply !
Pros
Monday-Friday work schedule
Cons
Management sucks.
Fun work environment!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAJune 6, 2016
Working at Oakley is exciting. You meet someone new everytime you work. We get to know our customers and connect with them while we help them find the perfect pair of glasses. I learned so much about glasses and their benifits. My managment is super fun and they are easy to talk to. Our team is like a family. The hardest part of the job is explaining to someone about our product so that they understand it. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people.
Pros
Rewards, great envirment
Cons
short breaks, not many hours
unsatisfactory
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAMarch 22, 2016
Management is harsh on its employees.I learned plenty of stuff working here. Co workers are great.Hardest part of the job is dealing with everyone.
Top Volume Retail
District Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 29, 2016
Great brand culture. Day to day store functions in a chaotic small store. Tourist destination made it difficult at times to communicate with customers.
Pros
product discounts, corporate visibility
Cons
Parking, Lunch options, small work space
Great company and Great products
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 18, 2016
I love this brand and what they stand for with the optics. I have worked my way up from being a part-time sales associate to being an Assistant Manager (full-time). Over the four (4) years that I have worked in the company I have learned how to deal with customers, training others, and how to be more acceptable to change. I am glad that I had the opportunity to work at multiple store because I learned so much from everyone that I have worked under.
Sale associate (Current Employee) –  Wrentham, MAMay 30, 2016
people you meet since most are into sports at times you get some well known people in sports depending on your store's location, co-workers and manager are great overall very family atmosphere. hardest part is staying on your feet all day pretty much but you get use to it. And at times customers can be very rude but that is retail
Pros
co-workers and layback job as long as you can perform
Cons
short breaks, at times customers can be rude
Fast paced environment - very diversed
Sr. Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 1, 2016
Oakley is an incredible company to work for, they do amazing events for the associates. The job has its rewards and challenges, goals are set high, but at the end it all pays off.
Pros
We have our own health clinic onsite
Cons
Work long hours, short staffed
okay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2015
Didn't work for the company that long, but while I was it become somewhat frustrating because I wasn't compensated correctly sometimes I had no relief or they were always late. Management was great, but I think because it was a new company a lot of things weren't in order.
Beware of Luxottica
AFA Manager (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Ever since the Luxottica take over the Italian company has promoted many of its own and got rid of its talented veterans. 3 Creative directors in 1.5 years is a troubling sign. The business side is just as up and down. No one is management can be trusted. High turn over.
High energy, high volume store
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 10, 2015
Oakley is an inspiring company to work for. The culture is contagious. They are always pushing the limits and innovating products the world could never dream of. This type of attitude is shown at the lower levels and it pushes everyone of us to continue to push the bounds at work and in our personal lives.
An OK place to work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CADecember 29, 2015
All in all, the place is alright. the main issue was that the managers didn't seem to care much about the subordinates and had everyone work 10 hour shifts, 6 days per week. Outside of that, the people working there are pretty cool, and the benefits you get are good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Managers