Oakley Employee Reviews in United States

An OK place to work
Painter (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CADecember 29, 2015
All in all, the place is alright. the main issue was that the managers didn't seem to care much about the subordinates and had everyone work 10 hour shifts, 6 days per week. Outside of that, the people working there are pretty cool, and the benefits you get are good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Managers
okay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 15, 2015
Didn't work for the company that long, but while I was it become somewhat frustrating because I wasn't compensated correctly sometimes I had no relief or they were always late. Management was great, but I think because it was a new company a lot of things weren't in order.
Great company, Horrible management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cabazon, CADecember 3, 2015
The actual company is pretty great however, the management team is terrible. They don't really listen to what their employees have to say and they treat their employees like they are not welcome and they are unwanted. This could partially be because the store manager, both asm, and stock manager have not only worked together before but they are all friends and hangout outside of work. Before we had a Stock manager and a second asm there were no in house hiring options. The store manager posted on facebook about openings and hired her friends. Which i believe is not okay.
Cons
Short breaks, no holiday pay unless you are full time
Oakley is a great place to work.
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CADecember 2, 2015
Oakley is a great place to work. My position has been relocated to the parent companies USA headquarters in Mason, Ohio.
Fun place to work
manufa (Current Employee) –  5MLNovember 16, 2015
Working through a recuiter, Aerotek, I find working at the Oakley plant to be fun. Oakley makes available, even to Aerotek employees, most if not all of their amenities. The breakroom and Cafeteria with a Ping Pong Table. Plenty of space to drop your belongings while you work. Private Gym, and an R/C track out front! I enjoy working here, and I cant wait to become a fulltime Oakley employee.
High energy, high volume store
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXNovember 10, 2015
Oakley is an inspiring company to work for. The culture is contagious. They are always pushing the limits and innovating products the world could never dream of. This type of attitude is shown at the lower levels and it pushes everyone of us to continue to push the bounds at work and in our personal lives.
Fun at work place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, BensalemOctober 15, 2015
I have a good day at work, And always learn at lot at work, and working withe the mangement and co-w I never have a hard time at work love working is great, I enjoyable working with positive people every day.
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
no short breaks
Like Most Current Retails Stores
Sales Lead/ FT Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAOctober 12, 2015
Because I am still employed with this company, I will surrender my right to have and opinion about them as it may jeopardize my position and team. I will summarize however and say that Oakley is just like any other retail store, both cons and pros alike
Pros
Some Bonus Incentive, Mostly Laid Back Employyes
Cons
Benefits are Expensive, Bare Hours, Misdirection, Unprofessional
cool place to work at..
inventory clerk (Current Employee) –  foothill ranchOctober 9, 2015
on site representative for chartwell theresa and yadira are really helpful...their on top of whatever help or accommodations you made need their quick to get back at you wit a solution..chartwell santa ana office real rude ladies working there!!!!!
SAP FICO Consultant (Former Employee) –  CASeptember 26, 2015
Learned a lot during my entire stay, team i work with is knowledgeable and devoted. During my stay at organization, i work on different assignment and task and with management cooperation and hard work we have achieved goals in a timely manner.
Great Part time job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg ILSeptember 14, 2015
If you are an Oakley freak like me then you would love working here. the pay is good for a part time job and the benefits are amazing from there discounts on clothes and sunglasses are a huge plus!
Poor Entry Level Training
Retail Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  National Harbor MDSeptember 4, 2015
Even though a great culture exists within the company they fail to provide a basic training standard in order to set new employees up for success.
Pros
Free Clothes and Discount
Cons
Inadequate Training
Great work environment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canutillo, TXSeptember 3, 2015
Fun work environment fallowing company's standards and meeting daily profit goals. Friendly and easy environment where you meet all kinds of customers.
Pros
Every three months we get free clothing (staff dress) and accessories from the company.
Cons
If inventory results don't come back good, standards get higher and they remove all benefits.
Wear what you want.. Best part of the day is when my shift ends!
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lake ForestAugust 27, 2015
This job is great ! You can wear flips flops,jeans OR even your pajamas ! The schedule is awesome Mon- Fri so no weekends.

BUT be aware that your supervisors will not be very helpful and upper management will be clueless. You will not move forward, no room for advancement.

But hey if you just want to get paid to get yelled at about glasses and dress like a slob. Apply !
Pros
Monday-Friday work schedule
Cons
Management sucks.
Oakley Warehouse POV
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario CAAugust 26, 2015
On a typical day at this Oakley warehouse, we would get here and find out that as a shift we have been left the majority of the work for the day, since the previous shift is only concerned about their service levels and their hours. We then need to figure out how we are going to finish the amount of work we have with less labor hours, because if they cut hours it will be from second shift. Upper management does not seem to care about how the work is finished as long it gets done. To top it all off we all work for supervisors who do not seem to grasp the basics of our every day jobs, no matter how much we try to explain it to them. The one thing I have learned from this job is patience, because when you are dealing with a know-it-all boss who actually does not know-it-all, you need it. Also the supervisors are very understanding about time off. So much so that people take advantage of it. At least on my shift. All those good reviews you see about working at Oakley are not for the warehouses, you could survey the employees and see how unhappy they are.
Pros
Discounts, time off
Cons
Lack of empathy for employees
very fun and and helpful company
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 27, 2015
inbound calls, warranty claims, selling glasses and lens, placing orders for the customers. and giving them advise on glasses and lens. also selling appeal
Pros
lots of activities from the company
Cons
they dnt hire you at first
great enviroment to work in
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  californiaJuly 24, 2015
all employees are hard workers and have all good vibes. felt like the hardest part of my job was the customers who were so demanding so to work thru that was tough.
Pros
team building exercises
Cons
customers were mean
Bait & Switch
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CaJuly 22, 2015
I was recruited for a specialized position, and promised a variety of things in terms of benefits, allowances, and culture. While those things do technically exist, what the recruiter conveniently failed to mention is that none of them would actually be applicable to my role. A year and a half later, Luxottica is integrating the company into itself, and suddenly my position is eliminated. Truth be told, I'm kind of glad. There are some awesome people there, but you couldn't pay me enough to go back.
Pros
some of the people, casual environment, great product.
Cons
the rest of the people, leadership that turns a blind eye and has no idea what's going on, Luxottica
Oakley Foothill Ranch Customer Care-Front Desk
Customer Care/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CAJuly 21, 2015
Pros:
Casual Dress
Discount
Sample Sales
Free Post-It Notes
Free appliances that are returned from retail stores

CONS:
Uninformed HR and security team practices
Security thinks they have the right to fire people without repurcussions
Security is ex cops who stil believe they are with the force and need to get over their mall cop attitude
Clicky - If you go out with your supervisor after work then you will get special treatment and get to go home early

Advice to Management - Thanks for making Colin a co CEO, that was the smartest move ever!!
The glass is half empty / half full
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Forest, CAJuly 19, 2015
The best way to describe the culture is by using the Call Center moto "Keep the Stoke High!" If you do not have a positive attitude, your chances of succeeding here are slim. The company really teaches you how to develop communication skills (in the office/doing the job), office skills, and also helps you exercise team work as often as possible. This is a routine job -- meaning, you are going to hear the same issues every single hour of every single day (and your graded on how well you do). The hardest part of the job is patience. If you do not have patience, you might not float above water. The most enjoyable part about the job is the community that you surround yourself in with the many different (amazing) individuals.
Pros
Hour lunches, Holidays off, Weekends off, decent pay.
Cons
Graded calls, lack of management, no room for growth.