Oakley Employee Reviews

Productive and a great place to work!
Stock Operations Manager (Former Employee), Central Valley, NYMarch 28, 2015
Pros: As an employee you get 70% off all optics and 50% off on all apparel
Cons: N/A
A wonderful place to work!! Great atmosphere. The company as a whole is amazing! As an employee, we got 70% off all optics and 50% off all apparel
Hard working and Productive Workplace
Sales Lead (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 19, 2015
Oakley is a hard working and productive workplace, but we are still able to have fun with each other. Some days are incredibly busy, but the overall experience has been great. I've enjoyed working for the company and hope to find a job equally as good.
Great Staff
Oakley Retail Sales Lead (Former Employee), TempeMarch 16, 2015
Some of the best co-workers you could imagine while getting to sell some of the coolest consumer products out there. Whats not to love?
Item Technology
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2015
Learning the technology of how they make the lenses for their sunglasses was the most insightful part of becoming an Oakley Sales Associate. It was really interesting because Oakley is known for their patented technology on them, and no other company out there can produce or fabricate the material like Oakley can. Also Oakley is the official sponsor for the Army.
Productive fun place with lots of business.
Sales Associate present (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TxFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: the company send you cute little gifts throughout the year and you get employee staff dress.
Cons: if you work 4 hours, you get a 10-15 min break, if you're a manager, you only get a 30 min break
Oakley was a pretty cool place to work for. When I first started they teach you how to build the glasses from the frame to the little Oakley symbol on the side. Co-workers are all amazing and the Manager himself is awesome! After about three months of working there, I was promoted to Sales Lead which is a rank under the Assistant Manager. You are able to open and close the store with an associate present of course and you get a pass code and also your set of keys.
Lack of Hours
Sales Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYFebruary 10, 2015
Pros: fun environment, free clothes every quarter, generous employee discount
Cons: management hired too many employees so when time is slow, everyone except management
Don't get me wrong, Oakley is a fun place to work, I'm passionate about the brand, and the people here are cool. It's just the total lack of payroll hours and I was told by management that you get hours "based on your performance and availability". I go to school so that I can get something better down the road, so why does that count against me? Plus, I work hard in organizing the stock rooms and helping clients when needed, so why am I constantly getting less than 10 hours a week. How can anyone support themselves with income like that??!!
Fun work place
Retail General Manager (Current Employee), ChicagoFebruary 1, 2015
This is a great company. I have learned so much from basic retail management to learning how to manage my time between multiple stores. I have experienced so many great things that have developed my self as a manager and a person. I have had the privilege of traveling to open stores and improve inefficiencies for existing ones. The most enjoyable part of the job for me besides the travel is those I work with and for. They have taken a lot of time to help develop me.
Oakley
Sales Associate (Former Employee), floridaJanuary 22, 2015
Great working experience if you like the sales department management is awesome. great for compensation for workers who put out and stay on top of the game. enjoyed the time working here made tons of people and had lots of fun. the whole experience was a very awesome one and I learned a lot from it.
SALES
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Golden, COJanuary 19, 2015
BEEZNEEZ....Always learning always raising the BAR. The next day is always a challenge
Excellent workplace with hands on experiments to allow customers to gain more knowledge about the product.
Sales Professional (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Oakley is an amazing workplace. The staff is amazing and there is something new to do everyday. meeting people from all around the world keep you on your toes as you'll never know what is next to come through those doors. For a small location, the store got a high volume of traffic, keeping the work environment exciting.
poor compensation
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
As an associate at an Oakley you're basically an underpaid and uninsured slave.
Customer service with knowledge of tools and mechanics.
Tool Hub Clerk (Former Employee), Lake ForestDecember 17, 2014
Assemble kits for machine operators for different tasks everyday. Fast passed customer service interactions. Repair tools as needed. Calibrate tools for different job types.
great job and really nice breakroom with cafeteria
Machine operator, assembler (Former Employee), Foothill Ranch, CANovember 17, 2014
great company to work really friendly workers job duties are easy enjoyed my job always learning new things and ways to do job easier and productive duties but management to poor they don't know how to lead and treat personal
My experience ar oakley
Returns Lead (Current Employee), Mira LomaNovember 15, 2014
A typical day at work for Oakley is always a great challenge
I learn to be a team player, open minded and always to adapt and evolve.
Management takes into consideration employee feed back and takes care of their needs.
My coworkers are exceptional individuals that love what they do as so do I.
Cha cha change
Old-timer (Current Employee), Foothill Ranch, CANovember 7, 2014
Pros: cool headquarters, on-site events, cafeteria, across street from a mountain bike paradise - whiting ranch
Cons: spirit is draining away slowly. not the company it once was. oh well.
Company is shifting from emphasis on collaboration to emphasis on production while cutting costs. Many good people have left or are leaving. Some parts of the company still have a great attitude. But newer managers, while focused and smart, are joyless and judgmental. Teams are working short-handed. The tide is changing and the coolness is evaporating. It's all about the numbers now.
great place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), San Francisco CAOctober 31, 2014
Oakley is a great company to work for. It is just time for me to get out of the retail life.
Fun workplace, best environment, Best people, awesome place to be every day!
RX TECHNICAL ACCOUNT SUPPORT (Former Employee), Foothill Ranch, CAOctober 17, 2014
Pros: employee outings, perks, gifts, etc...
Cons: long commute
Oakley is a one of a kind place to work. The minute you walk up to the building, you are taken into another world. Then stepping inside is another place in itself! The atmosphere, the people you work with, the vibe in the place while you are there, its just uplifting! It makes you want to be there everyday. My boss was the best boss I have ever had. She was just the best! I can't say enough about her. I miss my job so much, I wish I didn't have to leave it, but moving to Washington was in our plans.
Very hip and cool place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: meeting new people everyday, fun atmosphere, employee benifits
Cons: folding the same stack of t-shirts 1, 000 times a day
Oakley is a fun company to work for. It can get a overwhelming on Black Friday and during the back to school sales, but it is a fun place to work. The employees really are a team and work together to create the ultimate Oakley experience.
Fun layed back work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Novi, MIAugust 21, 2014
Working for Oakley an average work-day consist of maintaining a clean work environment, greeting and assisting customers accordingly and completing all task. While working for Oakley I learned that Oakley stands buy their product and customer service is there main priority. My co-workers all have different backgrounds which made it a fun work environment. The hardest part of the job would have to be when the store receives a large shipment when the store has to do a large transfer. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the customers.
Love everything about the company.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 29, 2014
Pros: great people, great brand, great experience.
Cons: spending your paycheck on product..
Having worked for this company for so long, everyday I come in to work is just another awesome day. I love my team, I enjoy interacting with customers and sharing all I can with them not just about the brand, I love receiving new merchandise planning where would it fit best and reach to all the consumers out there. Just a fun experience every time. No day at my job feels like a work day.