Oakton Community College Employee Reviews

Fantastic Job & Excellent Supervision
Mental Health Counselor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 21, 2017
Part time position working with college students was a wonderful position. I had excellent supervision, the school genuinely cares about the well-being of their students and employees, and I was able to facilitate a relationship group for the students. Great experience here.
Great experience with colleagues and students
Assistant Soccer Coach (Current Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 1, 2017
Enjoy all aspects of interaction with students and staff! Management is very supportive of our activities and gives us the tools to succeed. The only part of the jod that I don't enjoy is losing!(
N/a
Enrollment Specialist Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 30, 2017
It was a great job with many learning benefits. It gave me the chance to acquire new skills and utilize what I previously knew.
Pros
N/A
Cons
Did multiple asks for such little pay
Motivation to pursue chemical engineering, work in a team
Independent Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 3, 2017
I worked as an independent research intern for the STEM program at Oakton Community College. This helped me further motivate my path to pursue chemical engineering as I was able to see how it is the root to producing a desired finished product. The research project was based on finding how Biodiesel emitted harmful NOx into the atmosphere and finding a proper solution accordingly to overcome the trouble. The experiments conducted for this were Thin Layer Chromatography and Column Chromatography. We analyzed our results through NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance) / IR (Infrared) spectroscopy during the
Fun and Relax
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 15, 2016
Have to be a student to work here also fun place to work lots of down time to work on school stuff also a great way to see how a school runs. hardest part is packages can be heavy
Excellent place to learn
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILDecember 12, 2016
During my time at Oakton Community College, I was able to learn what it means to work in an American professional setting, and strive to fulfill various objectives.
Very good working environment
Full Time Professor of English (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 2, 2016
The school emphasized having a multicultural faculty and student body. Students were given every opportunity to succeed.
Free donuts somedays
Professional Tutor (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILSeptember 2, 2016
A fun job helping students solve problems in their coursework and classes. Finding different ways of solving questions and help them understand concepts relating to their coursework.
Daily Strategies
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 2, 2016
My work days are filled with constant deadlines. From reviewing new classes, hiring instructors, producing reports, interacting with students, troubleshooting, contacting partners and potential partners, managing staff, reviewing department budget, divisional meetings, term planning, my day is filled with tasks.

What I enjoy most about my current position is the opportunity to work with internal and external partners. It brings me great excitement to see positive results of my team's work on a daily basis.
Pros
Summer Work Hours (Off on Fridays)
Work Environment
IT/Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 30, 2016
Learning and experiencing new change in technology around the campus. Solving various technical issues around the campus. Exciting bunch of co-workers, which I learned many things from.
Good place to get started
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMarch 24, 2016
I'd go in, deliver mail, receive packages from delivery companies such as UPS, FedEx, deliver those, and some other odd deliveries. Coworkers could be a bit difficult to handle, but considering it's student employees, there will be some of those. Great boss.
fun and exciting environment working around college athletes
Videographer (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 7, 2016
very easy going, enjoyed working as a camera operator for a college team, was independent, people were friendly and enthusiastic.
Pros
worked with the coaches, players, equipment was up to date
High standard of education
lab assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 21, 2016
Oakton's Nursing program is demanding, the teachers are strict and they expect the students to commit to learning. At the same time I feel there is a good support network for those who seek help.Overall it is a great school with state of art health and science facility. It equips future nurses with all the necessary skills and knowledge to face the ever changing world of health care.
Great opportunity to teach others.
Adjunct Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILSeptember 11, 2015
I liked teaching both the ICD-9 coding class and also the class on diseases. This helped develop my structure, preparation and organizational skills. I learned that I really enjoy teaching.
Pros
I learned that I like teaching.
Engaging and Productive
Student employee (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILAugust 5, 2015
A typical day at work would be helping out students with class registration or financial aid related work. I learned scanning and indexing financial aid documents after accepting paperwork from students.
This job took place a long time ago
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJune 17, 2015
Working with The Daily newspaper an eye opening experience for me. I had not done anything like this before and in the end it was a good learning experience for me.
Great team
Early Childhood Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 21, 2015
In a typical day, I do everything from prepare students' lunches, clean, set classroom up for nap time, and assist in the classroom. Time flies quickly while working with kids and a great team of teachers.
Cons
casual employee has a 500 hours a year cap
Fast paced one stop for student registration, academic advising, and financial aid
Advising & Counseling Center (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILMay 19, 2015
Fasted pace work flow during registration periods, well balanced between work /life balance. Not much advancement for part time employees.
productive and educational place to work at
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILMay 4, 2015
its a work study and you get to learn new scientific techniques each day. It helps you grow into the profession you want to persue.
Easy job
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILFebruary 8, 2015
Working with students everyday with their math related problems. Mostly computer based courses. Also helped achieving a better satisfaction score for our department.
Pros
open schedule
Cons
low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakton Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6