Oakwood Annapolis Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIOctober 25, 2015
Loved working here and the staff is great!!! Overall a great company to work for.Very fun, friendly environment with great management and room to grow. It can be lengthy to move from one department to another.
buisness closed after scandle
PATIENTAT ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  detroit miSeptember 9, 2014
the job itself was pretty good. the management were very rude.
great work experience
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIMarch 24, 2014
-Restrain combative patients, also visitors when needed.
-Rounding interior and exterior of hospital ensuring protection for everyone.
-Dearborn ordinance officer certification, ability to write Dearborn city issued citations.
-Ability to think under pressure during stressful circumstances.
-Answer radio pages and calls in a prompt manner and prioritize calls based on importance.
Pros
great work experience
Fun co-workers, Pathetic Management
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJanuary 28, 2014
I enjoyed my days of work simply because of my co workers. Unfortunately, the management with this company SUCKS!!. They show no appreciation what so ever for their workers. I never worked for a place where the supervisor has no experience in that particular field at all. Whenever you come in to work you never know what the day is going to bring, your not even sure if you will still have a job. Always broken equipment, and a shortage of tools and lack of supplies to complete your own job The Management team makes poor decisions on a daily basis, and always points the finger at employees for their ridiculous actions. So many write ups are given out around that place its ridiculous. The "supervisor" is a snake in the grass, point blank.
Pros
working with great workers, decent pay
Cons
management
terriable place
Patient Services Specialist - Registration (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJanuary 17, 2014
the most horiable place to work so disorganized

just an awful place I would not take my dog there
Satisfying at the end of the day knowing you made a patients day eisier to get thru.
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 30, 2013
Getting your assignment for the day makes your day different from day to day. I learn something new daily in the medical field. My manager works with us all to help improve the care and comfort for the unit we work. The hardest part of my jog would be seeing the pain in families learning their is nothing they can do for their loved one. The most enjoyable is ending the day knowing team work was in in play the whole day.
Pros
always good moral. and a rewards program when a co-worker nominates you to be recognized.
Cons
only one place to have lunch alone to read. would be nice to have a couple choices.
the job is lacking communication between employees and management
Cook (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 26, 2013
A typical day at work involves being belittled by management. On any given day we are out of products that are essential for the recipe to be made correctly. Management does not respect the employees or each other and are constantly fighting among each other. The employees I work with are some of the best and most dedicated people I've had the pleasure of working with. The hardest part of the job is trying to do your job without the proper tools or ingredients.
Pros
healthcare benefits from the hospital
Cons
working for bad management (not oakwood)
It was a good job not a career
Linen Processor III (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MIApril 13, 2013
A typical day at oakwood central laundry wo.uld consist of me processing linen for 9 to 12 hours a day. The management there was not consistant we had four manager in my 2 years their. I learned at that job that its not good to get in other peoples business and to not give out to much of yours, and to stay away from gossip. The hardest part of the job was the long shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was the paychecks
benefits
Cons
dirty environment
Production Work
Linen Coordinator III (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIJuly 11, 2012
A typical day where soiled linen from other Oakwood facilities arrive early in the morning to be washed and decontaminated and sent back as follows... Production lines are used to assemble the soiled linens and maintain them in the appropriate procedures as follows...
Pros
lunch is available next door at the oakwood facility
Cons
n/a
Great learning environment with a broad spectrum of med-surg clients.
Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MIMay 9, 2012
Great learning environment with a group of team workers that make stressful situations easier to get through. I have learned a lot during my time here and was able to be ahead with hands on care during school from my work experience.
Great place to learn and grow!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIMay 4, 2012
Great place to learn and grow! I started as a nursing assistant. When I was done with nursing school, I was hired as a nurse. I have learned so much and made so many friends. Annapolis is a great place to work.
Great Hospital, caring workers
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MichiganJanuary 24, 2012
Lots of opportunity for cross training and advancement. Great co-workers.
Pros
training and advancement

Oakwood Annapolis Hospital Reviews by Location