Oakwood Heritage Hospital Employee Reviews

basic nuclear studies
over worked
stressful work enviornment
unpleasant management
didnt enjoy this employment site
company is ok not the department with that time frame
Pros
patients
Cons
over worked
Worked med/surg
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 25, 2014
* Took care of up to 6 patients
* Learned to take care of variety of patients from trachs to peg tubes
* Management was personable
* Coworkers, we worked well together
* Most enjoyable part of the job was getting more responsibility, becoming charge nurse
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
short handed
Friendly place to work.
Manager of Oakwood Heritage Pain Clinic (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIJanuary 7, 2014
Oakwood encouraged me to grow in my position, they acknowledged the work I had done.
My co-workers were friendly and hard working. If I had to choose a good friend at work it would be all of them.
I would start my day, helping the RNs prepare the patients for procedures. In the afternoon I would work in the office, work with the doctors on quality and issues in the office.
The most enjoyable part of my job were the staff, doctors and patients.
The hardest part of my job was when nothing more could be done to help our patients.
I've learned from my job is to be flexable, to prioritize, work as a team and give praise.
Pros
remembering birthdays
Cons
no windows in our office.
RUN away and RUN fast!!!!
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIFebruary 22, 2013
I enjoyed working at Heritage and have made some life long friends that I consider family. However, that is all outside of the department that I worked in. My department except a few people was rude, uncaring, unethical and just plan there for a paycheck only. Hardest part of my job was having to still perform using techniques from the early 80's! Hours were horrible, no one wants to work 8 hr shifts anymore!!! Also, working by myself covering entire house and then being reprimanded for not getting it all done!! They are more concerned with appearance then actual patient care!! Management was awful and never backed you up on anything and was involved alittle too much with some employees. Dayshift including manager sit around and gossip about other employees with in the department that are not there to defend them selves!!! RUN and RUN fast is all I can say!!!! So glad that chapter of my life is over!! I just hope people don;t make the same mistake I did!!!
THE TEAM I WORKED WITH ON DAY SHIFT WAS HARDWORKERS
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  TAYLOR MI 48180August 9, 2012
MY JOB WAS TO MAKE SURE THE ROOMS WHERE ALL WAYS CLEAN. I ENJOYED THE PATIENTS. ALWAYS LISTENING TO THEM TALK ABOUT THERE FAMILY'S WHILE I WORKED. I WAS A TEAM PLAYER AND A HARD WORKER.
Pros
when state came in we always passed and we got gifts or lunch from the manager
Cons
no cons at all
great support
Morrison Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Taylor, MIJuly 7, 2012
it was a great place to work, the hospital was under 200 beds, as managers, we were able to focus on going above and beyond to provide great service. As managers, we encouraged team memeber to provide the best service possible and as a reward, our scores showed for it
Quiet.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIMay 20, 2012
A typical day at oakwood would be giving showers. No showers were giving an days and I worked afternoons.