Oakwood Homes Employee Reviews

Oak wood homes
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chadbourn, NCOctober 5, 2017
I enjoy working at oakwood homes. Fast pace stressful work place. Help customers find the perfect homes for them and their family. Family vibe with all the coworkers
Administrative duties
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2017
I first assisted the Director of HR of approx. 3 years doing everything from scheduling interviews to compiling employee files. My boss was amazing and we got along wonderfully.

I assisted the Director of Sales for the next 2 years doing everything from helping the sales department with brochures to scheduling now home buyer for appointments.
Pros
Wonderful career oportunities
We had the most positive work environment I have ever experienced.
Senior Vice President Hiring,Sales and Training (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 26, 2017
Oakwood Homes was a vertical integrated builder of homes through out the USA. Was # 2 Home Builder by homes sold per year ( 60,000/year ). They operated under an entrepreneurial style business plan that gave Branch Managers a 40% interest in the company WITHOUT ONE PENNY OF INVESTMENT ON THE MANAGER'S PART ! Great incentive trips and bonuses. Company morale was the best I have ever experienced.
Pros
uncapped income potential
Cons
Great place to work with lots of opportunities to advance
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Channelview, TXJune 19, 2017
Great company to work for, very laid back atmosphere. I worked with a great sales team our normal daily routine consisted of opening the sale store and checking all of our model home. check with corporate and finance contacts for daily updates . Met with prospective/ future home buyers and help them find the right home. Followed up with customers who had been to our sales center and advised them of new opportunities our company had to help them get into a home. Helped customers with financing and approval process. Assisted Home owners in closing of home purchase. I generally help where I was need. I worked a lot of hours but I was rewarded very well, I got what I put in and seeing happy home buyers was great.
Pros
awesome pay structure
Cons
worked lots of hours
Not bad overall
Salesperson, Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 8, 2017
I had a good manager until I had a coworker who was very cynical and hard to work around and was forced to work right next to him which definitely made the work space hard to work in. The work also fluctuates a lot because of the economy.
Job varies depending on the lot
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYMay 20, 2017
This job, like most any is largely dependent on quality of management and co-workers. I was lucky that I got a great manager and good coworkers. The Corporate side of the company is great and very supportive. They are constantly having contests etc... for sales staff.
Pros
flexible schedules
Cons
working Saturdays
Local feel with corporate backing
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 7, 2017
I am not overtly sensitive to male-dominated company culture, but I honestly do not know how else to say...the culture in this office was, let's say, "remarkable." In a bad way. At least the pay was good.
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Shelby, NCJanuary 25, 2017
Good place to work with great people to work with and great home office to deal with to get questions resolved. they truly work as one company even though there are many home sales centers and many manufacturers
Very busy. Always on the go
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 20, 2016
I was constantly busy. It was tough work but good work. I loved the people I worked for. My supers were good to me and fun to work for. my hours were long which was good because I needed the money.
Home consultant
Home Consultant (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 26, 2016
Great company to work for as a home consultant. You get to experience the joys of getting families into their new home and make long term friendships.
Great place to work!
Nonstandard Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2016
I worked directly with CEO of the company, I helped the homeowners by working with engineers on structural repairs and mold abatements to correct damage to their new homes.
Pros
I like to complete projects on time and make new homeowners happy with their homes.
Cons
I spent several million dollars repairing homes for new homeowners.
used to be a good place to work
Journeyman Carpenter/Housing Inspector (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 18, 2015
I watched management abuse their authority and fire a very good manager in order to bring in their relative. The Killeen plant closed it's doors without any warning to employees.
Pros
the people you work with on the line
Cons
Productive fun place to work
Office Manager/Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Murray, UTMarch 3, 2015
A typical day at Oakwood is full of meetings, but you also get to relax in the Cafe or the Fun Zone when you need to. The office is equipped with speakers throughout and music is always playing, there's also 8, 80" TV's throughout the office for your viewing pleasure!
Good company
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 11, 2014
Very good company.. It was sad to see them close.
I managed a sales team and all the stores I worked at had good sales.
All management worked well with all.
Cost Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moultrie, GAOctober 28, 2014
Did a 100% take off of all materials to build a manufactured home.
Fast pace enviroment.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pinebluff NCAugust 12, 2014
Insuring production was met daily.
Documenting any shortages
Prepping houses for shipment
Little to no communication from within the management
Builder (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 14, 2014
I was disappointed with the lack of communication from within the management. The schedules are completely off and you must hand schedule most all homes. The management will not meet with you if you have questions or issues. I enjoyed the position, but the people where only interested in self preservation vs helping everyone succeed.
Overall good place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Spring TXMarch 26, 2014
Great place for advancement if you are willing to make the numbers. Upper management feeds leads to buddies as in most sales jobs. To make good income, you have to become part of the circle or sell your butt off and prove yourself. It's there for who ever wants it bad enough
Pros
opportunity to make great income for yourself
Cons
open late
Excellent company to work for.
Division Manager / Trainer (Former Employee) –  7800 McCloud Road Greensboro NCMarch 26, 2014
One of the most enjoyable jobs I have had. Very focused on customer satisfaction and maintaining company image. Great management team with a desire to help employees at any point needed. Benefits and compensation was better that expected. Bonus and perks were great!
Pros
All around great job
Cons
Extended times away from home, at times.
Oakwood homes was a nice place to work. Im sorry that they closed. I really enjoyed my job.
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 4, 2014
When I worked at Oakwood Homes I was an accounts payable clerk on the manufacturing side. I handled all payables for the plants in Perris, CA and Fort Morgan, CO. We had daily check runs and most of my day was spent researching and gathering my back up documentation for the checks I issued. Since my plant are out of state I have daily conference calls with my buyers at the plants to go over variances and any issues on returns or chargebacks. I spend a good deal of time on the phone with various vendors ensuring that I have everything I need to make my payments on time and take advantage of any discounts that were available. I honestly loved the work and I was very good at it. The hardest part of this job came in the beginning when I took over these plants because there were over $100,000 of invoice past 120 days that had to be researched and taken care of.