Oakwood Hospital & Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Having potluck at the park
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 21, 2015
I love my job. I love what I do for people. If I see my patients in pain or just need someone to talk to. I give them 100% of my time. I make sure that my co-workers know that I'm someone that they can count on to help them if they ever need my help. I go out of my way to get extra things done for my boss when is needed. Getting along with all my peers is very important to me. It make's the work place fun to work for. Always patients right's.
Respiratory Oakwood Dearborn
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn,MiAugust 22, 2013
People here are very unfriendly and will stab you in the back with no problem. Treatment load is vey high and you're always under a microscope. Employees sit in the break room and talk about other employees and management staff. Pay is low. Full time employees are required to work every Other Friday,Saturday,and Sunday. So, if you work midnites, life will be hell. Training is subpar.
Pros
absolutely nothing
Cons
everything
great rehab department
Occupational therapist (Current Employee) –  dearborn, MIFebruary 25, 2015
efficiently reviewed charts, evaluated and treated patients, and provided concise and detailed documentation. Flexible and nice co-workers and managers.
I loved the work I did there.
Sub-Contracted Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MiNovember 23, 2014
This was the best job for training right out of school. They made me the best transcriptionist I could be with their training they provided. Superior guidance and management.
Not a good place to work
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MiOctober 4, 2013
This place has a very toxic work environment. People are unfriendly and management doesn't have a clue to what's going on. I hope the CEO figures out this management needs to be replaced from the top down.
Pros
zilch
Cons
environment
Volunteer
Welcome Center Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 25, 2013
I volunteered at the welcome center and provided guests information about any concerns they had about the hospital. I would direct them to places they needed to be so they would not feel lost.
good job
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  dearborn michiganMarch 11, 2014
enjoyed working is here.. a big area and everyone becomes family. pay is great
Good Company as far as Pay Scale
Physician Contact Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 11, 2013
Working Midnights consisted of Handling quite a few Routine Consults for Doctors,which entailed entry into two different formats.So one call required quite a bit of work as timers had to be set for Next Morning Delivery.Other calls where Dr. to Dr. calls for the ER or for Nurses on the Floors.Following Doctors Preferences as to how to be Contacted at certain times of the Day or Night.
Learned quite a bit of Medical Terminology,other than that already knew Procedures for handling calls.
Top Management was Good.Immediate Supervisor not rated to Highly and one of the many reasons, along with Budget Cuts that the Department was Closed.
Co-Workers were a Great Bunch of people from Diverse backgrounds.Actually learned quite a bit from them.
Hardest Part of Job,well there were really no hard parts.Once job was learned things sailed along smoothly.
Enjoyable parts were Co-Workers and the sense that we were all performing a necessary job, that all the Doctors really appreciated.Department only started in April of 2009,til then no such Department existed.Doctors appreciated our attention to detail and the fact that there Call Preferences were being met.
Pros
good pay, great people.
Cons
breaks on midnights were pretty much non-existent.

Want to know more about Oakwood Hospital & Medical Center?

Ask a question