Oakwood Hospital

Oakwood Hospital Employer Reviews

Very active hospital thats fun and work place environment friendly.
Police Officer (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIApril 2, 2014
A typical day usually details my presence providing a sence of security while patroling outside in a vehicle as well as inside the hospital. Often times patients or visitors may become irate or verbally/physcially aggressive to which we use the necessary deescalation method or wosre case scenario the taser that we carry being PA330 certified.
Patient Caring
Registered nurse for Cardiac Cath Lab (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 18, 2013
Meet new patients learn new procedures. Educate family and friends
A serious and goal setting organization that caters to their patients.
Ward Secretary (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 16, 2013
Pros: i like having a union. the union ensures we all get fair treatment.
Cons: rules constantly changing and sometimes they do not update employees in a timely fashion.
I enjoy my job and the people I work with. It feels like family since I am there more than I am at home. I love interacting with patients and helping them through their day and being rewarded with a smile. That hardest part of my is job is sometimes it can be overwhelming and very busy, but the best part is leaving at the end of the day being gratified – more... that everything has been accomplished. – less
Css clerk medical supplier
Central Sterile Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 3, 2013
I Dispensed medical supplies an life support equipment to 10 floor hospital. I also ordered supplies and checked for out dated an damaged supplies.utilized the peoplesoft system.
it was a very fun place to work
Ward Secretary (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 30, 2013
Pros: feeling like working with family
Cons: union
great coworkers wonderful doctors management was very nice and understanding...the most enjoyable part of the job was being like one big family
Love my co-workers
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 24, 2013
Great team work with Nurse Assistants on ISU
Love making a small difference each day I work
Radiographer/Cat Scan Technologist (Former Employee), Dearborn, MISeptember 9, 2013
Had a good experience with Oakwood. It was a while ago and hope the department is doing well
Ward Secretary (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 31, 2013
Oakwood as a whole is a great place to work. The trick is finding the department that you can work in and get along with your co-workers. I loved working in L&D, I just could not work the shift I was on for personal reasons. If they had an opening on the shift I needed, I would still be working ther.
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 16, 2013
Pros: great staffing support
Cons: good health care delivery
My very first professional nursing job was at Oak wood health care system. This is a good establishment
productive and loving polace to work
LPN (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJuly 12, 2013
Pros: employee perks
Cons: no full-time status
A typical day at work consisted of ten straight hours on your feet caring for all different etcnicities with all kinds of illness i was assigned to caring for clients in lock down isolation who nobody wanted to work with which i had compassion they were human beings also and should not be excluded because of their health oroblems i mean thats why i – more... became a nurse. I learned how to manage signs and symptoms that were not taught in nursing school that saved my patient life, i also learned teamwork and unity. The hardest part of a job were not being respected as a hard working nurse because i was a LPN and not an RN. The most enjoyable part of the job were the clients and opportunities to grow in your profession. – less
Fast pace work place
Cook (Current Employee), Dearborn MiJuly 10, 2013
Pros: meeting people
Cons: i cannot afford the health benafits
A fast pace work day. I have learned to prepare food for a large number of people. and work together as a team. The Managers are helpful and try to keep things organized. The part of the job I would like to change is to be able to work in the department I have the most skills in, witch is the bake shop. I enjoy working with a lot of different people.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Wayne, MIJune 18, 2013
coworkers are always helpful and work as a team. Complete patient care. computer charting
Very Excellent place to work with good learning experience
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Dearborn, MIJune 10, 2013
Pros: teaching environment
Cons: not able to accomodate schedule
A typical work day is getting patient vital signs and communicating with the RN about the patient needs for the day. I learned a lot about nursing which made me pursue a nursing career.
very productive and fast paced
Volunteer (Former Employee), Taylor, MIFebruary 20, 2013
a typical day at work would be transporting patients.
I learned not to judge people based on how they look.
Management is great.
My co-workers were friendly.
The hardest part was working on the slow days.
The most enjoyable part was talking to the patients making them smile.
Good for a second job
Oakwood Hospital Mental Health Adult Sitter (Current Employee), West Bloomfield Township, MIJanuary 29, 2013
Pros: you get to make your own schedule and pick over time
Cons: disrespectful staff, no benefits, no raises
I've been working for Oakwood Hospital for 3 years and have tried several times to move up in the hospital and was never capable of getting chosen when my foot was already in the door. I currently make 8.69. Never got a raise, no benifits, the position has been contingent and will never be full time, Management is not good at compromising. But always – more... send an email on how good of a job that we are doing and never get rewarded. I wouldnt choose this is a full time job for the position i am working in. Which is a adult sitter. But the position is good for extra money – less
Strong diverse culture
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 8, 2013
Cleaning patient rooms,efficiently and thoroughly.Good management team. Favortism among the coworkers.Half hour lunches..Good rate of pay.
Strong diverse culture
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIJanuary 8, 2013
Wonderful, professional,great work place
Intern - Phlebotomy Training (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIDecember 11, 2012
Pros: professional yet friendly and easy to get along with co workers
Cons: i did not really find any thing negative working there.
Oakwood was a wonderful very professional great place to work.A typical day consisted of working with various ages of people. I worked with a few week old babies to elderly.I would copy insurance cards and fill out paper work for each patient.I think would escort them to the room to draw there blood, ask them there name and to spell it. I then would – more... ask their birth date just to verify I had the right person.After I would label each tube, if a urinalysis was needed I would hand them the tools for it. I would then tube the the specimen and label them. After I would escort them out and answer any questions they needed.I also would stock all rooms with the tools needed on a daily basis.It was a wonderful great place to work. I enjoyed it very much. – less
Patient transport
Patient Transporter (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIOctober 12, 2012
Pros: union job
Cons: union job
Transported patients to and from appointment within the Hospital. Excellent time management skills with provided prompt, accurate and reliable customer service.
Ran life support equipment in the ICU's and enjoyed interaction with all staff.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee), Dearborn, MIAugust 15, 2012
Enjoyed professional relationships with all peers and got along extremely well with all staff.