Oakwood Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Invironment
Inpatient Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 13, 2016
I was an inpatient phlebotomist. I worked in many areas of the hospital from ER to Neonatal Unit collecting blood specimens. I loved being in the multi cultural environment and learned alot from my coworkers.
Pros
early hours available
Cons
not having more flexible shifts
caring workplace
ADULT SITTER (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 22, 2015
Management was fair and very supportive. Our employees worked together as a team and focused on the importance of our job duties on a daily basis. Each of us employees gave our All to the patients as well as the families by, comforting them while in our care. We treated each patient as though they were our family members, letting them be aware that we cared was each of our goals; even when they were in the worst of pain(we helped them keep hope alive).
Pros
Bravos, free lunches, discounts
Cons
uniform color, facility, contingent
Great place to work for
Staff Nurse, Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 4, 2015
Busy from start to finish. Average patient load per nurse was 6-8. I learned a lot of the floor nursing skills here. Management was great, supportive and accommodating. My co-workers were also great to work with and willing to teach and help. Hardest part of the job was being new and trying to learn what it take to become a real nurse and still have to take of your patients. I most enjoy my patients with this job.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long commute
Loved the working environment ,enjoyed everything!
Intern- Phlebotomy Training (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 29, 2015
Great management, great teaching methods! They had me train how they set up and do each and everything. When I felt good on my own ,they let me do it .Always answered any questions I had.Co-workers sweet ,helpful, knowledgeable.I hated leaving the job .Everyone and doing what I loved .
Pros
Great learning experience, great atmosphere. The co -workers and paitents
Cons
wishing I could get in at the time. They were not hiring.
Workplace that is very enjoyable.
Bed Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 11, 2015
My days at work consisted of providing excellent customer service to patients, and clients, as well as taking many phone calls. I have learned how to multi-task very well. I am a team player, love to work with other individuals I feel working together produces excellent work for the Company and our customers.
The Managers that I have had the privileged to work with has made me the person that I am today. I have excelled to several different levels in my position because of the Management I have worked with.
The best part of the job would be that I was there everyday to do my job.
Pros
Getting extra time for lunch/breaks
Cons
Not being able to get a break.
Job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 2, 2015
My day at can be stress but I can handle any situation at work and outside of work. My manager is a good boss she will work with you or anything. My coworkers and I can work together and as a team, and that is what I love about my job. There is no hardest part of my job I love my and I love what I do. I enjoy my job.
Love the work place
Certified Nurse Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 28, 2015
Great place to work i love to work here the staff is amazing the pay is great. Everyone is friendly and work as a team. The only problem with working here sometimes is that we are under staff at nights some times it mainly on the weekend but beside that everything and everyone is great.
great place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, michiganSeptember 11, 2015
nice place to work very clean hospital, do not know much this is where I did my clinical rotation. employees were friendly. I learned a lot about being a surgical tech.
Great people
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 4, 2015
Hard work and a professional atmosphere. Nursing staff work very hard and the team works as a team when co-workers need help each person can count on each other to have your back.
benefits
Cons
ability to move up
Good work environment
Nurse assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 19, 2015
I was responsible for 36 patients on a regular basis. I did patient care and activities of daily living for patients on the urology floor. The hardest part of the job was working the midnight shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was the exercise i got walking around and the resulting weight loss.
Pros
weight loss with activity level of job
Cons
midnight shift.
Having a heart for clients
Transportation/Psychiatric Aide (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 28, 2015
Just knowing that at the beginning of your day that your job duties is focused primarily on who needs a helping hand for that day. A companion at heart. Management training, and plenty of team oriented co-workers to help when needed. The hardest part of the job was when clients refused to be helped. And what I've learned from this was not to become so attached to them. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I know I helped someone before the day was over.
Productive place to work
Phlebotimist(Lead)-part-time.rotating (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 27, 2015
Over seeing Phlebotomist, making sure the workload is done in a timely manner. I liked my manager, but at times was favorable to certain employes. Also too many family members working same shift. There was also harassment mostly verbal., which should never be tolerated in any work place. Over all my last year there was not pleasant, which is sad because I did enjoy being an employee there.
Pros
the cafeteria had good food
Cons
Just the ones descibed above
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Trenton, MI 48183May 4, 2015
Reason for leaving was to complete Medical Laboratory Technician degree. I learned first how just how important it is for the hospital setting to be free of potentially harmful pathogens. Great experience to learn more about the health care field and to confirm my decision to be in the medical field.
Environmental Service workplace
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 24, 2015
We would swipe in before 7a.m, from there we would go to huddle and talk about the previous day of work and get told where you'll be working today. After huddle we would go sign our pager or phone out to where we were assigned to and head up to our floor. Once you make it to your floor you'll go to the janitor's closet and set your cart up, from there you would empty all trash that needs to be emptied. We'd clean the nurses station, employees bathroom, family waiting room, and soiled/clean utility room. Breaks are at 9:15 and 11:30 when you get back from your first break you would go room by room to daily clean the room, after every room you would mark it down on your 3 touch log. When you return from your lunch break you'll have to maintain the rooms and trash. Before you end your day you'll have to break your cart back down, take your 3 touch log to the office and turn it in and swipe out.
Very busy place to work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 9, 2015
I love working at the hospital. I like to make my patients happy and comfortable as much as possible. There is an abundance of information you can acquire in the hospital.
Revolving Door
Inpatient Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 5, 2015
Please do yourself a service and try to work somewhere else. The pay is low and the amount of stress is very high. The hospital's pharmacy is old and the employees are very stressed, some not so helpful.
Productive and Fun workplace
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 16, 2015
I worked in the Emergency Department. our job was to type quickly patient history and physical exam
8 hrs shift everyday
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and very laidback cool place to work
Transportation (Current Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIMay 27, 2015
Oakwood Is a great place to work the staff are helpful, the patietns are wonderful and everyone seems to have joy and pride in the work you do.
Professional and fast-paced office setting
Wayne, Radiology Clerk (Current Employee) –  Wayne, MISeptember 3, 2014
High pace office setting with multiple phone lines and tasks at one time. Assisting patients seen on an outpatient basis, prepping, scheduling entering orders and patient paperwork. I work closely with five other employees in the office and over 40 in the department. The patients are both the most difficult and enjoyable part of my job.
great place to work
NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 24, 2015
love my coworkers. room for advancement and growing. I work part time to accommodate school. which is great for me. I wish I could work 12 hour shifts but my 8 are ok. union is helpful also