Oakwood Hospital Employee Reviews

Nice
Phlebotomist and Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIMarch 17, 2017
Excellent in every regard. Wonderful place to work and live . No complaints of any kind. Never had a problem with management or staff. Always very professional.
Fun
OR, Outpatient Surgery and Cardiovascular Surgery (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 17, 2017
I loved it! So many awesome people that are caring and extremely loyal. Tons of great experiences and opportunities offered to everyone no matter the age.
Fun to work
ADULT SITTER (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJanuary 12, 2017
I loved the managers, very concerned as well as understanding. Most of the staff were easy going and the families of the patients made your job easy. I hate I had to relocate from such good people, but my family needed to see as well as experience a different lifestyle as opposed to what they were adapted to for years. If ever I relocate back to the downriver area, I would most definately choose Beaumont Oakwood; to be my first choice.
Pros
Adapt well to all of the doctors
Cons
Racism in some departments
Focus on employee overall health
Manager Patient Access Registration (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MINovember 6, 2016
I started at the company as a contingent ER registration clerk and ended my career in 2014 as the Manager of Registration. Great company to work for if your seeking advancement. I worked for the company 34 years. Our focus was patient satisfaction and as Managers we were expected to hire candidates that understood that our patients had to be their priority.
Pros
Appreciation rewards
Cons
Productive with volley ball, running,
Patient Account specialist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 3, 2016
enter and maintains patient account information file data, retrieve status information from payer website, ph calls, makes corrections to patient acct
great working experience
Critical Care Ward Secretary (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 1, 2016
great group of co-workers, family friendly, patient focused and very knowledgeable physicians. flexible hours and great management and training opportunities.
Oakwood
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 26, 2016
This is a very stressful company to work for. The managers treat their staff terrible. There is not really any room for advancement or growth. They should be more employee friendly.
See below
Utilization Case Manager Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 23, 2016
Attempt to do your job while following ever changing direction from ever changing array of management. Learned that the department could not keep management staff. Some managers drove good staff out of the department. Mostly good co-workers.
Pros
Co-workers nice and supportive
Cons
Many bad managers with toxic personalities, very difficult to work for.
Good work environment
Adult Sitter (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 8, 2016
Aiding patients with daily needs. Helping nurses or doctors with necessary procedures when asked. Reporting to house supervisor and charge nurse and completing tasks given by them.
The best place to do CPE in a multicultural environment
Chaplain Intern (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJune 27, 2016
Abundant opportunity for personal and professional growth

Staff was welcoming and helpful

A multicultural environment reflected ministry in the real world.
very enjoyable workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Taylor, MIApril 28, 2016
pleasant people all around! clean and very well maintained workplace. staff is always smiling and greeting everyone. would give ten stars!
Fun Invironment
Inpatient Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIApril 13, 2016
I was an inpatient phlebotomist. I worked in many areas of the hospital from ER to Neonatal Unit collecting blood specimens. I loved being in the multi cultural environment and learned alot from my coworkers.
Pros
early hours available
Cons
not having more flexible shifts
caring workplace
ADULT SITTER (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 22, 2015
Management was fair and very supportive. Our employees worked together as a team and focused on the importance of our job duties on a daily basis. Each of us employees gave our All to the patients as well as the families by, comforting them while in our care. We treated each patient as though they were our family members, letting them be aware that we cared was each of our goals; even when they were in the worst of pain(we helped them keep hope alive).
Pros
Bravos, free lunches, discounts
Cons
uniform color, facility, contingent
Great place to work for
Staff Nurse, Clinical Nurse I (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MINovember 4, 2015
Busy from start to finish. Average patient load per nurse was 6-8. I learned a lot of the floor nursing skills here. Management was great, supportive and accommodating. My co-workers were also great to work with and willing to teach and help. Hardest part of the job was being new and trying to learn what it take to become a real nurse and still have to take of your patients. I most enjoy my patients with this job.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
long commute
Loved the working environment ,enjoyed everything!
Intern- Phlebotomy Training (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MISeptember 29, 2015
Great management, great teaching methods! They had me train how they set up and do each and everything. When I felt good on my own ,they let me do it .Always answered any questions I had.Co-workers sweet ,helpful, knowledgeable.I hated leaving the job .Everyone and doing what I loved .
Pros
Great learning experience, great atmosphere. The co -workers and paitents
Cons
wishing I could get in at the time. They were not hiring.
great place
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, michiganSeptember 11, 2015
nice place to work very clean hospital, do not know much this is where I did my clinical rotation. employees were friendly. I learned a lot about being a surgical tech.
Workplace that is very enjoyable.
Bed Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 11, 2015
My days at work consisted of providing excellent customer service to patients, and clients, as well as taking many phone calls. I have learned how to multi-task very well. I am a team player, love to work with other individuals I feel working together produces excellent work for the Company and our customers.
The Managers that I have had the privileged to work with has made me the person that I am today. I have excelled to several different levels in my position because of the Management I have worked with.
The best part of the job would be that I was there everyday to do my job.
Pros
Getting extra time for lunch/breaks
Cons
Not being able to get a break.
Great people
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 4, 2015
Hard work and a professional atmosphere. Nursing staff work very hard and the team works as a team when co-workers need help each person can count on each other to have your back.
benefits
Cons
ability to move up
Job
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 2, 2015
My day at can be stress but I can handle any situation at work and outside of work. My manager is a good boss she will work with you or anything. My coworkers and I can work together and as a team, and that is what I love about my job. There is no hardest part of my job I love my and I love what I do. I enjoy my job.
Productive and Fun workplace
Scribe (Former Employee) –  Dearborn, MIJuly 16, 2015
I worked in the Emergency Department. our job was to type quickly patient history and physical exam
8 hrs shift everyday
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakwood Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.