Oakwood Village Employee Reviews

LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Springfield OhioNovember 25, 2017
I've never worked in a cleaner facility. My coworkers and I get along fairly well. Everyone knows their role but everyone seems to help each other when needed.
if looking for a respectable place to work apply elsewhere
Production Cook (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 7, 2017
the management is shady, lots of backroom deals and picking and choosing who favorites are. The staff and management are questionable, lots of unsettling behavior by senior staff members
(drug use, alcohol consumption,harassment). unnecessary lying and so and so fourth, not a place i had wanted to work, not a place id want to retire a loved one
Pros
good paycheck
Cons
questionable superiors in all departments
Oakwood Village is like a family
Medication Technician (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAOctober 13, 2017
This is the one place I wish I could go work at again. The work is hard because you are working with the elderly but it is so rewarding and the staff is just wonderful. Management tries really hard to take care of their employees.
Pros
free lunches, management, residents
Drama filled workplace.
DIETARY AIDE II (Former Employee) –  Sun Prairie, WIAugust 3, 2017
Typical day at work would be to prepare and deliver food to residents. I learned how to work with a large range of people. The hardest part of the job was not having the proper management and training.
Good if you last
None (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 9, 2017
Oakwood is great, but there has been a lot of turn over in every department which makes it a challenging environment. Some of the managers care about their employees whereas others you are just a number to them.
Pros
oakwood does a lot of the senior community
Cons
lots of turn over, poor management, unnecessary stress and drama
Great work environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMay 11, 2017
Really good work atmosphere and great team work and staffing. Hours were really good and management was really understanding and willing to work with you.
Pros
Great management
Dietary Aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 19, 2017
It's a job. Great for working with older residents living there at Oakwood Village. The management is "meh" give or take. You basically dish out food to the residents and clean up and that's your shift!
Cliques
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 13, 2017
If you want to actually do your job well, go to another place. Staff expects way too much out of you, always short staffed, managers are horrible. Rehab people are also awful.
Easy work
Dietary Aide III (Supervisor) (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 2, 2017
I loved being able to pick up hours constantly whether it was last minute or a month in advance. There is, however, quite a bit of petty drama, and the residents can be tough to work with at times.
Do not apply here, they think people live on penny's literally
RA (Former Employee) –  Madison westDecember 6, 2016
Worked there for a long time and you literally get 9 cent raises every 6 months. The only people that may have a good check is management. You have to work multiple doubles in order to afford anything. They treat people differently and unfair. They treat long time employees terrible and do not care for their staff.
Pros
Flexible for CNA and Ra staffing
Cons
No raises for years and do not plan to give people any! No advancement
Tough Environment- Very Fulfilling
Business Office Manager/Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 29, 2016
Job Duties: A1
Cleanliness lacking
A typical day at the office was a challenge, which was welcomed - there was a lack of support from upper Management as the turn-over was quite frequent. Just as soon as someone was settling in, they found an opportunity that was a better fit, as did I.. It was a tough choice after many wonderful years.
Pros
Job Duties were challenging and tough- Loved that !
Cons
Poor Cleanliness and frequent turnover.
Don't wear your heart on your sleeve here
nursing (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 17, 2016
This place has no opportunities for advancent. The nursing staff is overworked and the pay is nowhere near what it should be. Nurses cry frequently and when they ask for help, they get told "it's in the budget that we are staffed appropriately". CNAs and Nurses have just walked off the floor in the middle of shifts or work a day or two and leave. Staffing turnover is horrendous and those that care are burned out. If you care, keep it to yourself. The heart has no place here.
Pros
On-site food options, people on the front lines that care
Cons
See review
Worst place ever
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 14, 2016
this place is awful job do not apply there.
they treat employees like **** . always short handed lots of calls in and nurse don't give a ****.
Pros
getting a paycheck
Stay AWAY from west side
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Madison WestJuly 29, 2016
Call you on your day off to come in - all the time
Always short staffed - nurses, cnas
Nursing management turnover is high
Nurses quitting due to workload
Nurses are stressed out
Wages offered are lower than most in the area
chance to advance - pshtt
Pros
Healthcare is ok; onsite food options
Cons
see review
Fun but also very stricted
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 11, 2016
My hours was 4-730 and we mostly stocked , cleaned, prepared food to serve to patients. My hardest time I have had at oakwood would to keep up with measurements when restocking all juices etc.
Pros
Free Food in the end
Cons
Unfriendly Team Memebers
The worst place in the world to work for
RESIDENT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJuly 4, 2016
The worst place to work for the supervisors talk down to you the co workers cant be trusted to do their job. When I would arrive there everyone there was wet instead of being dry and the food they serve the residents is awful and I would not recommend this place at all for my loved ones to live in. Its not worth the money they charge just for residents to live there.
the supervisors look down on you.
rcac/resident assistant (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 7, 2015
came in chart answering phones till the time I got off.dressing and wound care,cleaning feedings enjoyable part was making sure they were ok.coworkers were friendly had a supervisor that did not like us,so sad I had to leave there.
Pros
great pay
Cons
due to emergency response never had a break wich was ok because it was part of the job.
the life in oakwood village
Head Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  23303 Oakwood Commons Dr.August 13, 2015
great environment but, really no advancement opportunities! started off really promising but, no advancement talked about the last few years.
Dietary Aide/Server (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHAugust 4, 2015
A typical day at work begins early and very fast-paced. I learned about different dietary restrictions and how to help those with difficulties. Management was very helpful with working around schedule.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Co-workers were not enthusiastic
They need to work on they're management
Dietary Aid (Former Employee) –  6205 Mineral Point Rd Madison, WI 53705August 3, 2015
I was most impressed with their activities, they have a wide variety and with different functions. The only trouble I am having is no one is set up to deal with a couple where one needs assistance and the other is independent and they want to live together. No one seems to be able to handle that

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakwood Village. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9