Oakwood Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

Interact with guest, prepare vendor contracts, institute work orders for maintenance staff.
Guest Service Relations / Leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Ill and Falls Church, Va.June 15, 2016
1. Greet guests, prepare leases for new residents or move out paperwork for departing guests.
2. I learned how to deal effectively with the general public.
3. Our company was very intutive to its employees as well as all management staff.
4. Co-workers were team players and our focus was to create an excellent enviornment for our residents during their stay with us.
5. Hardest part of the job was probably preparing paper work for 150 move in guest.
6. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of the guest.
Pros
Great people to work with, catered lunches etc.
Cons
sometimes dealing with difficult guests
Productive and fun place with families
Activity Instructor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 12, 2016
A typical day consist of instructing different events for parents and children.Supervising and interacting with children ages 3-13 during activities and serving and prepared meals for big events. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people.
Fun Workplace
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2016
Great company that gives you the flexibility to advance in a very fast paced talent mobility environment. I would recommend this company to other potential employees.
Very nice personnel.
Marketing Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2016
Although Oakwood is a nice company, the pay is not commensurate to the work. The job descriptions do not always fit the positions people are hired for. Many times there is too much work and not enough coverage.
Pros
Great culture, good work morale
Cons
Low pay
Its a Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 30, 2016
The company could be a good place to work but there is no opportunity for advancement in certain departments. Management expects the world from security department with no reward in return.
great company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The best part of being with Oakwood is that you get to meet such great people and everyone there is so good at doing their job. We always learn from each other and give each other constructive criticism when needed.
It was okay, but they were partial
NATIONAL ACCOUNTANT LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2016
It is Monday-Friday, the pay was great, I don't spend much time on the phones which is nice. Really a sense of family atmosphere. Lots of fundraisers and the spirit team is awesome.
Pros
short lunch
Cons
the benefits are expensive
Oakwood world wide
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 15, 2015
Great company too work for. lots of room for advancement. A typical day would include lots of customer interaction and vendor interaction via phone and email.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
busy peak season
Dysfunctional Family
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 30, 2015
I was sold on a company culture of "family" and "fun". This is not the case. There is a significant lack of clarity around organizational structure, roles and strategy. The organization as a whole is very change adverse which results in stagnant operations. If this company is to grow it must innovate and streamline. Otherwise, it will coast along unto the inevitable.
Pros
Compensation, Somewhat flexible work schedules
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities, role ambiguity, disorganization
Great work environment; the Golden Rule is do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and this applies to co-workers as well as customers.
Internet Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2015
Very fast-paced job; if you aren't taking or making a call, you are responding to emails. You are working with individuals and corporations to find temporary, luxury housing worldwide. You will work with the client from the time of the first call or email, through the booking process. Probing questions are very important in this job, both for legal purposes and to ensure you are aware of all the clients' needs, such as accommodations for children, pets, etc.. It's also very important to build an early rapport with the client, especially if you can hear stress or anxiety in their voice. Many of these people are relocating to new cities or states, and need a little reassurance.
Pros
Friendly environment; potlucks; always busy; free bus passes
Cons
Their computer systems go out too frequently
I enjoyed working at Oakwood and everyone there, I learned a lot there
REGIONAL SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 10, 2015
My typical day was very busy and productive working with multicultural people. Understanding how Oakwood World Wide functioned, co-workers a great team.
Pros
Working with all groups of people, daily learning and production
Cons
Being away from home sometimes when I needed to travel
servicing the nightmare
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 22, 2015
Not a great place to work...very stressful... long hours without any support...major changes need to happen in this company... low moral...no flexibility...no breaks(state requirements) and if you take lunch at your desk you are expected to answer phones...benefits are the worst (way to big of a company for them to have horrible insurance).
Pros
pay
Cons
no breaks, benefits, no perks
There is a reason they re-hire new GSR's every spring
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
While I enjoyed working at the Phoenix call center, the management is very out of touch. Retention of employees is not the objective here. There is a big push to bring in new talent every spring, and by the end of year, most have been let go or moved on.
Management plays favors and retaliates if they feel you are not being subservient enough.

This company is great if you are not in the call center, and getting out of that position is almost impossible. You are more likely to get fired than promoted.
nice place to work one of my favorites
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2015
temp. housing, did service. when people moved in I did complete cleans, including fridge, ovens. also set up for next tenant. very fun
Pros
reimbursed for travel
Cons
lots of driving
Good product, poor leadership
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  United StatesApril 21, 2015
You're compensated very well for a minimal amount of work. The product offered is solid. The people and salary are the greatest part of the job. The hardest part is delivering leadership's poor decisions to your customers without any support.
Pros
Can work from home
Cons
Poor decision making
Job requires flexibility to adapt to changing client requests. Must be able to keep pipeline balanced
Strategic Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Boston MaMarch 30, 2015
A typical day at Oakwood does not exist. Each day bring new challenges and opportunities. That is what makes the job so interesting. I've learned how to manage my business through a CRM tool (Siebel) and understand the importance of keeping my sales pipeline balanced containing growth, maintainance, and prospecting. I have had the opportunity to mange accounts at Oakwood and FedEx . At FedEx Office and Marshalls I had the opportunity to manage people. I was very successful in motivating others to do their jobs well. My co workers at Oakwood respect me for my insight and how quick I was able to learn a new business as the hardest part of the job was learning the business and working with my operations partners to convert (close) business. The most enjoyable part of my job is winning. The satisfaction of winning new business and making Oakwood profitable is extremely satisfactory to me.
Pros
Working for an industry leader that provides numerous resources
Cons
Company wide low close ratio due to availability within a market
ok place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2015
Up beat, call center. Co-workers are awesome. Management has hard time talking to workers. Helping people with problems in apartments
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
management doesn't know how to talk to employees
Mexicans Only
inspector (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CAMarch 5, 2015
Majority of all workers are mexican and they will instagate among each other to get rid of you, their all in a click, you have to be mexican for them to accept you. Uneasy place to work. Management unprofessional they talk about other coworkers to others. Coworkers and Management treats new workers very poorly. Management plays favorites.Great place to work for overtime. They will over work you and they dont care if they keep you till 10pm when you started work at 8am.
Pros
good pay
Cons
they dont have respect for you
Tops
Inside Sales (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Great Company! Good working environment. Sales associates are the best in the industry and great training. Great facility and the best technology in the office. Lot's of positive energy.
Not a place to work if you want to move up
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Very clickish place to work. Management very unprofessional they will talk about other coworkers to others. Not a place for people with degrees nowhere to move unless you wait like 20 years for someone to leave or get fired. Coworkers very nice. Management treats workers very poorly. You get moved up based on tenor not that you can do the job. Management plays favorites.
Pros
good location in town
Cons
poor management don't have a clue. no career advancement.

2.9