Oakwood Worldwide

Oakwood Worldwide Employer Reviews

Very rewarding
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), SouthwestMarch 27, 2014
Meeting with national insurance Carriers to discuss temporary housing needs. Designing and presenting RFP's and educating field adjusters on process and solutions being provided. Making their client and the process smooth and simple to ease clients frustration.
Great people up until you get to the supervisors
Sales (Current Employee), USDecember 26, 2013
Pros: okay compensation, great people, little micromanaging
Cons: no bonus, management is terrible, becoming more micromanaged than before
The teamwork here is incredible. I absolutely adore the people I work with. Management is only concerned with the bottom line and pleasing senior management. Half of the supervisors in customer fulfillment do not know how to do the jobs of the people under them.
Great pay but very unorganized. Lack of training and communication with in departments
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), PhoenixOctober 15, 2013
company is a middle man type of business. Hard to please clients and guest when there's so many hands in the pot .
Fun and refreshing workplace, slow placed and lots of teamwork
Administrative Assistant/Sales (Former Employee), Totowa, NJOctober 4, 2013
I would give this company 4 stars down the line as the workplace was slower paced and it was much easier to meet the goals set forth.
Good culture and values but upper management is lacking experience in their field
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2013
I worked for Oakwood for years and loved it! When they did a reorganization of the Executive Committee the whole company went down hill. No one in upper management has any experience in hospitality. I had a successful career and am very grateful to this company. I truly hope the owner realizes he needs an upper management team with experience in his – more... industry. – less
Hardworking dedicated RN
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Altoona, WISeptember 16, 2013
Over the course of my career as an RN, I know without a doubt that I have chosen the best possible job in the world. I love being able to work with people and make a difference in their lives every day. No two days are alike and that what makes being and RN so rewarding.
I truly enjoy the management part of my job as well, teaching and mentoring the – more... staff on a daily basis. – less
Fast paced
Account Specialist, Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2013
friendly atmosphere. team building and network opportunities. great co workers
GREAT WORKPLACE
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: short breaks
I would come to work my boss would give me a list of rooms to clean. I would get my cart ready then go start my day cleaning every room he assigned me to clean. My co-workers were very nice and we would help each other out if one was finished their work in ahead of time. It was a great place to work at.
Great for a few years, but no long term growth opportunities
N/A (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great health benefits, friendly coworkers
Cons: lack of incentive pay, no career planning
Oakwood was a great place to work for the first few years, but constant changes in leadership and new programs across the organization made day to day operations extremely difficult to maintain.
Oakwood is a good place to work.
Security Officer Administrator (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJuly 6, 2013
I enjoy working with people.

My work day can be very busy with Move-ins, Service Requests, and etc.
Great People - Interesting Company
Regional Assistant (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMay 12, 2013
Pros: socia events, good benefits
Cons: no provision for bonuses for administrative workers; limited salary increases
The people make Oakwood. Since this is a service provider, working with people and customer service and the most important aspect of the job.
Great Company
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMay 1, 2013
Very established, set in their ways. They are the best at what they do.
Change environment lead with a family atmosphere
Customer Fulfillment Supervisor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZ 85021April 20, 2013
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: must be able to adapt
Oakwood is a great place to work, that provides a an opportunity to grow, learn and challenge yourself. Oakwood is consistently growing and changing to adapt in the Corporate Housing business, which will always provide a fast paced environment that you must be adaptable to move with the business.
Fun Workplace
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 14, 2013
Pros: friendly associates
Cons: pay freeze, long hours, no associate focus
Associates that make up the company are energentic, diverse and generally fun to interact with professionally and socially. THis being said, growth potential is limited, lay off's have been a continuous wave over the past 4 years and all non-management have experiences merit increase freezes on and off since 2008. This is a great company for those looking – more... for their first job and seeking to polish thier sales or operations skills to move onto newer oportunities. – less
Excellent working enviroment
Services Coordinator (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAFebruary 20, 2013
I really enjoyed working for Oakwood. My manager as well as my coworkers really made it a happy and welcoming environment. Some days were very fast paced and stress was in the air but we handled it well and tried to be supportive of one another. I learned so much since my first day. I was lucky enough to be promoted quickly and take on new tasks and – more... new roles. It can be difficult not being on site from where our guests are or having to depend on vendors to get jobs done but that's why building vendor relationships was so important. I was able to work closely with a lot of different people within different companies and build those needed relationships. – less
WORST PLACE TO WORK EVER
Utility worker (Former Employee), AlexandriaJanuary 17, 2013
Some of the employees insulted each other constantly, and for the new people starting work there, we were forced to take sides. The managers were afraid of the employees and do not take your compaints or concerns very seriously. The job was not hard but you are forced to carry the load of senior employees while they sit in the breakroom on there phones – more... texting. What i did like about the job was the benefits. – less
Very good place to work;
Concierge (Former Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2012
Staff of employees the best; Residents very nice and friendily.
Fantastic company to work for
Senior National Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXNovember 30, 2012
This company has great growth potential and training is top notch. You will learn about Corporate Housing and create long lasting relationships.
Productive workplace where everyone pitched in to teach and assist.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CANovember 16, 2012
Pros: worked with a great group of people
Cons: economic situation forced several lay-offs.
Worked with a great group of individuals at this company. I was brought in as a temp and hired on full-time. What I liked best about this company is that everyone in our department was able and willing to help me succeed in the position. We all worked hard and our hard work was noticed and appreciated by management.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service/ Operations Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 17, 2012
Your coworkers bacame your family
I have gotten a great deal of experience here