Oakwood Worldwide Employee Reviews

almost Great
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  center city PhiladelphiaFebruary 17, 2018
I have a good job with great benefits finally. I love my co-workers and the office environment.The company is trying to change its culture to be more about the finances but who isn't these days.
Pros
office location, company culture and industry
Cons
The workers have to watch every dime spent
Company lost it's human factor
Help Desk Application Tech II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 10, 2018
The company was great the first 10 years, but the last 5 it changed drastically and even moreso when they were bought out by a different company. It used to be about the employee and then it became about the bottom dollar and nobody mattered anymore.
Cut throat call room
Senior Internet Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 10, 2018
The preferred employee is young and looking to backstab their co-workers anybody they can. And the best part, when they let you go? They do it at the end of the week Friday, for example and wait until you finished for the day. Poor Management skills, and as I mentioned, they paid me more than others, and wanted me out. Their was no respect for loyalty and no way to advance.
Pros
Non
Cons
Management, moral
Tough place to work, but Learned a lot.
Leasing/Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 5, 2018
I began my property management career with Oakwood Worldwide, and quickly learned the pressures of the temporary-stay business. You are pressured to maintain 0 vacancy, even during down times in travel and business.
Pros
Apartment discount
Cons
Lack of training.
The last 6 years I worked from home. Prior to that the office was an enjoyable place to be.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Home based in Newport News VAJanuary 27, 2018
I enjoyed my 21 years of work at Oakwood Worldwide. I enjoyed all of the positions I held with the company and would still be there today had i not been laid off.
Productive and Competitive
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXJanuary 9, 2018
I loved working for Oakwood, but the company was previously purchased and downsizing is occurring. I started working for the company in Charlotte and relocated to Austin.
Great place to work!
GSR (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAJanuary 7, 2018
You work hard, especially in the summer. Opportunity for overtime about half the year. Great, hard-working, dedicated people. New owners offer infusion of cash, technology upgrades, improved employee benefits.
Pros
Great people, .
Cons
Processes need to be streamlined for more efficiency, better communication needed.
Unfulfilling
Customer Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 4, 2018
A typical day is stressful due to lack of employees and disinterested management. Culture varies from department to department. Lacking consistency between managers.
creative culture with international influence
Director of Property Services (Current Employee) –  VariousDecember 19, 2017
Oakwood provided many opportunities and historically promoted from within. Many areas of work environment including internal support, client facing, property operations, sales and managment.
fun place.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MADecember 18, 2017
nice place to work very productive. manager was very good person.I was sorry I had to leave due to personal issues with my person. I never wanted to leave.
Pros
free stuff
Cons
short breaks
A stable workforce
Warehouse Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VANovember 6, 2017
Show up on time for work, minimum guidance for everyday task, pretty repetitive work. Learned to balance out work loads and to help give direction to other employees on the job site. Unfortunately management did not protect workers confidentiality and represent professionalism. Honestly the hardest part was communicating with management and suggesting ideas for future assignments no leaderships roles were represented correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job itself was the variety of hardworking employees and being able to learn the back end of hotel warehouse.
benefits
Cons
working weekends and working 10 hour shifts
Great organization
VP Sales (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2017
Oakwood Worldwide is an industry leader in corporate furnished housing. A typical day at work would involve hiring, training, directing outside salespeople in 25 markets. The traditional challenges existed between operations and sales but through the leadership of the Chairman the team excelled and built the company that became the industry standard. It was difficult at times to find a work life balance with the business travel however the excitement of opening new markets to include in Europe provided an exceptional experience and business training.
Pros
Open forum to provide input and change the company
Cons
Finding work life balance
Obscure, Cult Like Organization
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
Very unprofessional and counter productive environment. Racism, classism and stratification run rampant in this company. Something is going on with the executives branch and its seems rotten, wouldn't be surprised if a class action suit doesn't bury this company one day in the future.
N.A
Hotel Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2017
The company has a mix of people that help Oakwood complete major goals, daily. Management trusts the employees to make the right decision. Every now and then they have events that includes free food.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Pay could be better
Great perks!
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2017
As one of the oldest corporate housing companies in existence Oakwood has a level of service that is unparalleled in the industry. As far as the day to day, it can be a stressful environment during our peak season. Inexperienced management adds to the stress instead of trusting tenured team members to assist in management on-boarding. Overall I'd rate them a 4.5 needs improvement in the management department as well as the benefits/compensation department. The actual job is pretty simple, and I love the team member interactions and relationships.
Pros
Free Thursday Lunch, discounted or free apartments in all major cities, access to premier apartment communities
Cons
Inexperienced management, Lack up upward movement, subpar pay increases and 401k programs
Managed 576 Corporate and Residental Ocean Front Property
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJuly 17, 2017
Maintained Leasing and budget for 576 Corporate and Residental property with 76 employees. Best experience of my career. Long term residents and employees made working there like a family. Every day was a joy to come to work.
Pros
Great staff, residents, benefits property
First Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 5, 2017
I really can't say much about Oakwoood because it was so long ago.

I work in the corporate housing department where will found temporary hosing for out of state workers
Great Job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2017
Family atmosphere and very customer service oriented. can be challenging and fast paced at times but it helps the day go by. great management and ownership.
A very quiet and peaceful environment.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 6, 2017
People were very supportive and kind to each other. There was a deep respect for each other. Working with the vendors was pleasant too. At the time I was employed there, I remembered we were offering $50 to Guest who checked in and express dissatisfaction. I felt you never get a second chance to make a first impression. I would aim to make them happy by checking the details before they check into their homes. it's quite simple. People dont really expect that much. It has to be right.
Pros
lunch was brought in a lot. a lot of training.
Cons
I couldnt stay late to get ahead and catch up on my work. no overtme.
Friendly
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 27, 2017
Love the people that work there,great team work, clean place..i would refer people to the job, they would also love it...they made sure every one was comfortable working with one another

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakwood Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.