Oakwood Worldwide Employee Reviews

Great organization
VP Sales (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 5, 2017
Oakwood Worldwide is an industry leader in corporate furnished housing. A typical day at work would involve hiring, training, directing outside salespeople in 25 markets. The traditional challenges existed between operations and sales but through the leadership of the Chairman the team excelled and built the company that became the industry standard. It was difficult at times to find a work life balance with the business travel however the excitement of opening new markets to include in Europe provided an exceptional experience and business training.
Pros
Open forum to provide input and change the company
Cons
Finding work life balance
Obscure, Cult Like Organization
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
Very unprofessional and counter productive environment. Racism, classism and stratification run rampant in this company. Something is going on with the executives branch and its seems rotten, wouldn't be surprised if a class action suit doesn't bury this company one day in the future.
N.A
Hotel Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2017
The company has a mix of people that help Oakwood complete major goals, daily. Management trusts the employees to make the right decision. Every now and then they have events that includes free food.
Pros
Good work culture
Cons
Pay could be better
Great perks!
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2017
As one of the oldest corporate housing companies in existence Oakwood has a level of service that is unparalleled in the industry. As far as the day to day, it can be a stressful environment during our peak season. Inexperienced management adds to the stress instead of trusting tenured team members to assist in management on-boarding. Overall I'd rate them a 4.5 needs improvement in the management department as well as the benefits/compensation department. The actual job is pretty simple, and I love the team member interactions and relationships.
Pros
Free Thursday Lunch, discounted or free apartments in all major cities, access to premier apartment communities
Cons
Inexperienced management, Lack up upward movement, subpar pay increases and 401k programs
Managed 576 Corporate and Residental Ocean Front Property
Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Seal Beach, CAJuly 17, 2017
Maintained Leasing and budget for 576 Corporate and Residental property with 76 employees. Best experience of my career. Long term residents and employees made working there like a family. Every day was a joy to come to work.
Pros
Great staff, residents, benefits property
First Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAJuly 5, 2017
I really can't say much about Oakwoood because it was so long ago.

I work in the corporate housing department where will found temporary hosing for out of state workers
Great Job
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 3, 2017
Family atmosphere and very customer service oriented. can be challenging and fast paced at times but it helps the day go by. great management and ownership.
A very quiet and peaceful environment.
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 6, 2017
People were very supportive and kind to each other. There was a deep respect for each other. Working with the vendors was pleasant too. At the time I was employed there, I remembered we were offering $50 to Guest who checked in and express dissatisfaction. I felt you never get a second chance to make a first impression. I would aim to make them happy by checking the details before they check into their homes. it's quite simple. People dont really expect that much. It has to be right.
Pros
lunch was brought in a lot. a lot of training.
Cons
I couldnt stay late to get ahead and catch up on my work. no overtme.
Friendly
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CAApril 27, 2017
Love the people that work there,great team work, clean place..i would refer people to the job, they would also love it...they made sure every one was comfortable working with one another
Excelente
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2017
Me gustó mucho trabajar en esta compañía , todo el día estaba afuera de propiedad en propiedad así que nunca era aburrido. Buen ambiente también.
Pros
Seguro médico excelente
Cons
Bajo mucho el trabajo
Great company to work for but little room for growth
National Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 11, 2017
Company takes care of their employees and treats them like people and not commodities. Not a lot of room for growth. Just got a new CEO so things are probably on the change.
Good Job Nice people
Apartment Make Ready Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMarch 30, 2017
Excellent Job nice work site and professional people there, i enjoy working there and i will recommend any one to be part of ockwood team, these company is very professional in what they do and organisation are
Excellent place to work
Manager of IT (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 28, 2017
Oakwood worldwide is an excellent place to work. That is why I lasted over 20 years. Company is very good to employees with balance life.
Stable place to work
Apartment Make Ready Specialist / Driver (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJanuary 4, 2017
A really good place to work if you are looking for a stable income. You get compensated for your work but i feel like you are limited inside the company
Fun Job
Community liaison Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 21, 2016
It was a fun daily routine working at Oakwood World Wide. I improved my personal skills with Crisis Intervention. The co-workers were great. There was nothing hard about the job. The residents of the community was the best part of the job.
Pros
Good Co-Workers
Love working there
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 14, 2016
Great company that gives you the flexibility to advance in a very fast paced talent mobility environment. I would recommend this company to other potential employees.
An old company trying to reinvent itself
National Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2016
Little direction but also little micromanagement. A good job if you can handle working in gray areas. Nothing is ever black and white. Can be high pressure at times. Company centralized and then decentralized recently.
Pros
Family style culture, many tenured associates, private company
Cons
Little to no 401k matching, benefits for dependents are expensive
A great experience witha great company
Human Resources Generalist, East Coast Region (Former Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 9, 2016
Working at Oakwood Worldwide was a great fit. I had a management team that allowed me to showcase my strong skill set and have a safe environment to address those skills that needed work. I was the HR Generalist for 2100 people across the east coast. I was given the opportunity to meet most of them with site visits which allowed me to personally share my HR philosophies which alleviated staff fears of the HR Department in general. When it was time to relocate with the military, the company asked me to stay on for another year working remotely until they found my replacement - an experience most companies do not offer.
Pros
Travel, fun environment, growth, gratifying
Cons
Fast pasted environment! Always something to do, and get done
Lead Guest Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 21, 2016
I come in and find out if there have been any major issues from the night before. If so, i must ensure that that one of my guest service representatives are taking care of our guest. I have been with Oakwood for almost 2 years, and i have learned so many different roles in this company. There is room for improvement with the management, but they are still here to assist when needed. My co-workers are supportive, and helpful when needed. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some many different types of cultures and personalities. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my guest walks away with an amazing experience staying with Oakwood.
National Account Coordinator
National Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2016
Ability to manage the number two relocation account that utilizes corporate housing for clients needing to relocate employee's and their families.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakwood Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.