Oakwood Worldwide Employee Reviews

servicing the nightmare
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMay 22, 2015
Pros: pay
Cons: no breaks, benefits, no perks
Not a great place to work...very stressful... long hours without any support...major changes need to happen in this company... low moral...no flexibility...no breaks(state requirements) and if you take lunch at your desk you are expected to answer phones...benefits are the worst (way to big of a company for them to have horrible insurance).
There is a reason they re-hire new GSR's every spring
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
While I enjoyed working at the Phoenix call center, the management is very out of touch. Retention of employees is not the objective here. There is a big push to bring in new talent every spring, and by the end of year, most have been let go or moved on.
Management plays favors and retaliates if they feel you are not being subservient enough.

This company is great if you are not in the call center, and getting out of that position is almost impossible. You are more likely to get fired than promoted.
nice place to work one of my favorites
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHMay 6, 2015
Pros: reimbursed for travel
Cons: lots of driving
temp. housing, did service. when people moved in I did complete cleans, including fridge, ovens. also set up for next tenant. very fun
Good product, poor leadership
Account Executive (Current Employee), United StatesApril 21, 2015
Pros: Can work from home
Cons: Poor decision making
You're compensated very well for a minimal amount of work. The product offered is solid. The people and salary are the greatest part of the job. The hardest part is delivering leadership's poor decisions to your customers without any support.
Job requires flexibility to adapt to changing client requests. Must be able to keep pipeline balanced
Strategic Account Executive (Current Employee), Boston MaMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Working for an industry leader that provides numerous resources
Cons: Company wide low close ratio due to availability within a market
A typical day at Oakwood does not exist. Each day bring new challenges and opportunities. That is what makes the job so interesting. I've learned how to manage my business through a CRM tool (Siebel) and understand the importance of keeping my sales pipeline balanced containing growth, maintainance, and prospecting. I have had the opportunity to mange accounts at Oakwood and FedEx . At FedEx Office and Marshalls I had the opportunity to manage people. I was very successful in motivating others to do their jobs well. My co workers at Oakwood respect me for my insight and how quick I was able to learn a new business as the hardest part of the job was learning the business and working with my operations partners to convert (close) business. The most enjoyable part of my job is winning. The satisfaction of winning new business and making Oakwood profitable is extremely satisfactory to me.
ok place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: competitive pay and benefits
Cons: management doesn't know how to talk to employees
Up beat, call center. Co-workers are awesome. Management has hard time talking to workers. Helping people with problems in apartments
Mexicans Only
inspector (Former Employee), Hayward, CAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: they dont have respect for you
Majority of all workers are mexican and they will instagate among each other to get rid of you, their all in a click, you have to be mexican for them to accept you. Uneasy place to work. Management unprofessional they talk about other coworkers to others. Coworkers and Management treats new workers very poorly. Management plays favorites.Great place to work for overtime. They will over work you and they dont care if they keep you till 10pm when you started work at 8am.
Tops
Inside Sales (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 19, 2015
Great Company! Good working environment. Sales associates are the best in the industry and great training. Great facility and the best technology in the office. Lot's of positive energy.
Not a place to work if you want to move up
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: good location in town
Cons: poor management don't have a clue. no career advancement.
Very clickish place to work. Management very unprofessional they will talk about other coworkers to others. Not a place for people with degrees nowhere to move unless you wait like 20 years for someone to leave or get fired. Coworkers very nice. Management treats workers very poorly. You get moved up based on tenor not that you can do the job. Management plays favorites.
Outstanding Company
Client Services Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 19, 2015
A wonderful environment that felt more like home than a job. Great pay, awesome management and evolving technology. If you get the chance to work for this company, you will not regret it!
Great opportunity and learning experience
Property Manager (Former Employee), California, Virginia and MarylandDecember 23, 2014
Pros: tremendous latitude
Cons: poorly articulated long term goals
While at Oakwood I learned what it truly meant to think like an owner. I was given the opportunity to experience things hands. My professional acumen grew in leaps and bounds while with Oakwood.
The Oakwood Family Adventures
Internet Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2014
Pros: be our guest program, a chance to stay in a unit of your choice. anywhere.
Cons: health care package, their rating system for employees on the front lines.
Awesome company to work for, the properties are incredible to visit, that really offer that home away from home as the say. Some of the work ethics are a little blurred but, a good place to call home,if you have the right key.
An interesting workplace where great staffing and culture meets an outstanding product. True industry leaders!!!
REGIONAL SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Falls Church, VANovember 23, 2014
Pros: co-workers. i worked among the best people i have known.
Cons: coworkers. having to leave them behind was very difficult after giving them a decade of my life.
There is absolutely no such thing at OWW as a "TYPICAL WORK DAY". Every day is a different and challenging balance of guest desires/needs and our ability to deliver a great guest experience. I have absorbed over the last decade a true intrest and respect for personal needs and expectations, and have most enjoyed the no huddle approach to making the work look effort and seamless. The hardest part of the work is the seperation anxiety caused by a 50/50 split with our permenant/transiant guests, and having to give up my position there. If not for relocation I could not have been talked into leaving.
Providing fully furnished luxury apartments to customers in need
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2014
Certified in the Magic Of Customer Relations and providing excellent customer service
Receiving inbound calls and inquiring about customer situations in order to successfully
identify customer needs
Operating multiple system programs regarding business and customer related information
Skilled in communication verbally, in person and over the phone; as well as effectively
through email for customer needs and between business associates
Calculating cost for customers who are seeking to stay with Oakwood Worldwide
Daily duties
Accounting Representative / GSR/Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Arlington, VANovember 10, 2014
Processed daily Credit Card Transaction Report and settle all transactions from previous day

Ran daily AR reports; AR Aging, DCR, Cash Receipts, Pre-billing and Cash Receipts

Invoiced and processed payments for current and future IPAY guest

Processed credit card refunds when needed

Processed and update Rent Increase Worksheet Log

Processed month end reports and send to accountant

Input FAP upon property managers request

Processed monthly TOT Taxes

Processed monthly Bonus Summary Report for leasing staff

Audited all move-in and move-out files

Updated DCR Log daily

Assist PM with projects when needed

Assist front desk with arrivals and departures of guest

Processed receipts for guest
Productive workplace
Utility Worker (Former Employee), Novi, MINovember 9, 2014
Pros: productive workplace
Cons: fast pace
it was a very friendly , the supervisor was polite, , i like that you have to be a team
Decent starting pay. Cost of living raises after that.
District Executive Assistant (Former Employee), HoustonOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, good health insurance
Cons: no flexibility. old computer equipment. upper management plays office politics
Oakwood focuses on excellent customer service instead of getting it right in the first place. (for example if the guest doesn't have cable a gift card will be given. Rather than doing all the necessary steps to prevent this). The customer gets shorted in the product unless they are VIP.
Great place to work!
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2014
Oakwood provides great compensation and benefits. The company has a culture of striving to be the best in the industry.
nice place to work
Account Representative /Guest services (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed my job at oakwood. I had wonderful co workersand the fringe benefits were good. I was lucky to have an employee tenant apartment.
Seasonal stress and holiday lulls
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: fair compensation, education and training is good, and interesting field of work
Cons: stressful, fast past, demanding, little flexability
A typical day from the start of spring to the end of summer is constant phone calls, emails, multi-tasking. Corporate housing has many moving pieces so if you are not on your game you have much to be accountable for. I have worked with pretty much the same group of people for years so I think that says something about the companies ability to retain workers that are dedicated to the job. Management change and peak season stress is the most difficult part of this job. The most enjoyable is getting to connect with people coming to Seattle and really letting them know why this area is such a great place to move to.