Oakwood Worldwide

Oakwood Worldwide Employer Reviews

nice place to work
Account Representative /Guest services (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJuly 23, 2014
I enjoyed my job at oakwood. I had wonderful co workersand the fringe benefits were good. I was lucky to have an employee tenant apartment.
Seasonal stress and holiday lulls
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 1, 2014
Pros: fair compensation, education and training is good, and interesting field of work
Cons: stressful, fast past, demanding, little flexability
A typical day from the start of spring to the end of summer is constant phone calls, emails, multi-tasking. Corporate housing has many moving pieces so if you are not on your game you have much to be accountable for. I have worked with pretty much the same group of people for years so I think that says something about the companies ability to retain – more... workers that are dedicated to the job. Management change and peak season stress is the most difficult part of this job. The most enjoyable is getting to connect with people coming to Seattle and really letting them know why this area is such a great place to move to. – less
awesome company to work for
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee), Woodland Hills, CAJune 13, 2014
I was at oakwood for just over a year. the pay was great other staff members were great! like family! i would work for oakwood again.
Terrible moral.
Internet Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 3, 2014
This company has some perks, the starting pay is better than comparable companies for most positions. However, the moral is not good in most departments. Management talks the talk but not very understanding of employees. A fair amount of unprofessional personnel in leadership roles, that don't have a clue about their job duties. There is opportunity – more... for advancement but few people there look forward to going to work each day. – less
Fun environment and great training.
National Account Coordinator (Former Employee), Overland Park, KSJune 3, 2014
Oakwood offered a lot of advancement opportunities with great compensation packages.
Great fusion between Hospitality and Property Management
Home Service Housekeeping Scheduler (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 27, 2014
Pros: great employee discount
Cons: no room for growth
Schedule all Housekeeping and maintenance daily schedule for Mountain View and San Jose locations with staff of 11. Update Market Ready Tracking, review and task service request.
The hardest part is making sure my schedule is 100% accurate to execute all apartment reset as well as tasking the housekeepers with all scheduled maid services. Providing – more... a home away from home. – less
Ok company
Sales (Former Employee), Los AngelesApril 29, 2014
Pros: ..
Cons: ..
Good company overall. Ok benefits. Ok technology. Upper management skills need improvement.
Good company
Strategic Support Analyst (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2014
Great company to work for except for compensation pay too low
Very rewarding
Independent Consultant (Current Employee), SouthwestMarch 27, 2014
Meeting with national insurance Carriers to discuss temporary housing needs. Designing and presenting RFP's and educating field adjusters on process and solutions being provided. Making their client and the process smooth and simple to ease clients frustration.
Company is awesome and a great place to work
Corporate Housing Administrator (Former Employee), Chantilly VA 20151January 16, 2014
I loved my job and the company. They upgraded all of the computer systems and relocated my position to their main office in Phoenix AZ.so my job was depleted locally. I loved everyone I worked with and can give many references from people I have worked very closely with upon request.
Great people up until you get to the supervisors
Sales (Current Employee), USDecember 26, 2013
Pros: okay compensation, great people, little micromanaging
Cons: no bonus, management is terrible, becoming more micromanaged than before
The teamwork here is incredible. I absolutely adore the people I work with. Management is only concerned with the bottom line and pleasing senior management. Half of the supervisors in customer fulfillment do not know how to do the jobs of the people under them.
Great pay but very unorganized. Lack of training and communication with in departments
Account Coordinator (Current Employee), PhoenixOctober 15, 2013
company is a middle man type of business. Hard to please clients and guest when there's so many hands in the pot .
Fun and refreshing workplace, slow placed and lots of teamwork
Administrative Assistant/Sales (Former Employee), Totowa, NJOctober 4, 2013
I would give this company 4 stars down the line as the workplace was slower paced and it was much easier to meet the goals set forth.
Good culture and values but upper management is lacking experience in their field
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 3, 2013
I worked for Oakwood for years and loved it! When they did a reorganization of the Executive Committee the whole company went down hill. No one in upper management has any experience in hospitality. I had a successful career and am very grateful to this company. I truly hope the owner realizes he needs an upper management team with experience in his – more... industry. – less
Hardworking dedicated RN
Director of Nursing (Former Employee), Altoona, WISeptember 16, 2013
Over the course of my career as an RN, I know without a doubt that I have chosen the best possible job in the world. I love being able to work with people and make a difference in their lives every day. No two days are alike and that what makes being and RN so rewarding.
I truly enjoy the management part of my job as well, teaching and mentoring the – more... staff on a daily basis. – less
Fast paced
Account Specialist, Accounts Payable (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 12, 2013
friendly atmosphere. team building and network opportunities. great co workers
GREAT WORKPLACE
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2013
Pros: great supervisors
Cons: short breaks
I would come to work my boss would give me a list of rooms to clean. I would get my cart ready then go start my day cleaning every room he assigned me to clean. My co-workers were very nice and we would help each other out if one was finished their work in ahead of time. It was a great place to work at.
Great for a few years, but no long term growth opportunities
N/A (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 23, 2013
Pros: great health benefits, friendly coworkers
Cons: lack of incentive pay, no career planning
Oakwood was a great place to work for the first few years, but constant changes in leadership and new programs across the organization made day to day operations extremely difficult to maintain.
Oakwood is a good place to work.
Security Officer Administrator (Current Employee), Gaithersburg, MDJuly 6, 2013
I enjoy working with people.

My work day can be very busy with Move-ins, Service Requests, and etc.
Great People - Interesting Company
Regional Assistant (Current Employee), Hayward, CAMay 12, 2013
Pros: socia events, good benefits
Cons: no provision for bonuses for administrative workers; limited salary increases
The people make Oakwood. Since this is a service provider, working with people and customer service and the most important aspect of the job.

1 2 3