Oakwood Worldwide Employee Reviews

Fast pasted environment! Always something to do, and get done
Lead Guest Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 21, 2016
I come in and find out if there have been any major issues from the night before. If so, i must ensure that that one of my guest service representatives are taking care of our guest. I have been with Oakwood for almost 2 years, and i have learned so many different roles in this company. There is room for improvement with the management, but they are still here to assist when needed. My co-workers are supportive, and helpful when needed. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some many different types of cultures and personalities. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my guest walks away with an amazing experience staying with Oakwood.
Dysfunctional Family
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 30, 2015
I was sold on a company culture of "family" and "fun". This is not the case. There is a significant lack of clarity around organizational structure, roles and strategy. The organization as a whole is very change adverse which results in stagnant operations. If this company is to grow it must innovate and streamline. Otherwise, it will coast along unto the inevitable.
Pros
Compensation, Somewhat flexible work schedules
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities, role ambiguity, disorganization
Interact with guest, prepare vendor contracts, institute work orders for maintenance staff.
Guest Service Relations / Leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Ill and Falls Church, Va.June 15, 2016
1. Greet guests, prepare leases for new residents or move out paperwork for departing guests.
2. I learned how to deal effectively with the general public.
3. Our company was very intutive to its employees as well as all management staff.
4. Co-workers were team players and our focus was to create an excellent enviornment for our residents during their stay with us.
5. Hardest part of the job was probably preparing paper work for 150 move in guest.
6. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of the guest.
Pros
Great people to work with, catered lunches etc.
Cons
sometimes dealing with difficult guests
Difficult employer
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 6, 2016
I did not receive the full amount of training necessary for me to achieve all of my job responsibilities as well as I could have. My trainer had left for her honeymoon, but the other girl who took over training me for that week was still learning herself. I was on the docs team and enjoyed it very much. However, there was a lot of stress and miscommunication between the account coordinators and service team and management. My manager specifically was also very condescending and rude and did not give credit where credit was due.
Its a Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 30, 2016
The company could be a good place to work but there is no opportunity for advancement in certain departments. Management expects the world from security department with no reward in return.
It was okay, but they were partial
NATIONAL ACCOUNTANT LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2016
It is Monday-Friday, the pay was great, I don't spend much time on the phones which is nice. Really a sense of family atmosphere. Lots of fundraisers and the spirit team is awesome.
Pros
short lunch
Cons
the benefits are expensive
Very nice personnel.
Marketing Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2016
Although Oakwood is a nice company, the pay is not commensurate to the work. The job descriptions do not always fit the positions people are hired for. Many times there is too much work and not enough coverage.
Pros
Great culture, good work morale
Cons
Low pay
Great company overall
Housekeeping/Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2016
I recommend this company to someone who needs experience in cleaning, great work environment. They provide on the job training.
Pros
Bonuses, employee recognition, excellent benefits
National Account Coordinator
National Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2016
Ability to manage the number two relocation account that utilizes corporate housing for clients needing to relocate employee's and their families.
Productive and fun place with families
Activity Instructor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 12, 2016
A typical day consist of instructing different events for parents and children.Supervising and interacting with children ages 3-13 during activities and serving and prepared meals for big events. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people.
Oakwood world wide
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 15, 2015
Great company too work for. lots of room for advancement. A typical day would include lots of customer interaction and vendor interaction via phone and email.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
busy peak season
There is a reason they re-hire new GSR's every spring
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
While I enjoyed working at the Phoenix call center, the management is very out of touch. Retention of employees is not the objective here. There is a big push to bring in new talent every spring, and by the end of year, most have been let go or moved on.
Management plays favors and retaliates if they feel you are not being subservient enough.

This company is great if you are not in the call center, and getting out of that position is almost impossible. You are more likely to get fired than promoted.
Fun Workplace
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2016
Great company that gives you the flexibility to advance in a very fast paced talent mobility environment. I would recommend this company to other potential employees.
servicing the nightmare
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 22, 2015
Not a great place to work...very stressful... long hours without any support...major changes need to happen in this company... low moral...no flexibility...no breaks(state requirements) and if you take lunch at your desk you are expected to answer phones...benefits are the worst (way to big of a company for them to have horrible insurance).
Pros
pay
Cons
no breaks, benefits, no perks
Bad place to work...worked 6am till midnight
Lower management (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA/Hayward, CA/Mt view,CAOctober 14, 2012
Worked here for almost two years. Management in Hayward would always be home by 5pm but the workers are regularly out till 10 pm or later. No training and you would always hear just get it done. A lot of Spanish speaking associates which is ok, but no room for advancement if you don't speak Spanish. Thought this was the USA where we speak English... So if you don't speak Spanish there's no point of joining the company. Employees mever take there lunches pn the road so they can go home earlier. if your schedule is heavy there would be no help as other associates want to go home especially towards the end of the week. Till this day it is the same circumstances.Be prepared to work holidays and a whole lot of OT!!! Good luck!!
Pros
a few good co-workers
Cons
employees not taking lunch so they can go home quicker due to 10+ hour days daily
ok place to work
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2015
Up beat, call center. Co-workers are awesome. Management has hard time talking to workers. Helping people with problems in apartments
Pros
competitive pay and benefits
Cons
management doesn't know how to talk to employees
Seasonal stress and holiday lulls
Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 1, 2014
A typical day from the start of spring to the end of summer is constant phone calls, emails, multi-tasking. Corporate housing has many moving pieces so if you are not on your game you have much to be accountable for. I have worked with pretty much the same group of people for years so I think that says something about the companies ability to retain workers that are dedicated to the job. Management change and peak season stress is the most difficult part of this job. The most enjoyable is getting to connect with people coming to Seattle and really letting them know why this area is such a great place to move to.
Pros
fair compensation, education and training is good, and interesting field of work
Cons
stressful, fast past, demanding, little flexability
Not a place to work if you want to move up
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 26, 2015
Very clickish place to work. Management very unprofessional they will talk about other coworkers to others. Not a place for people with degrees nowhere to move unless you wait like 20 years for someone to leave or get fired. Coworkers very nice. Management treats workers very poorly. You get moved up based on tenor not that you can do the job. Management plays favorites.
Pros
good location in town
Cons
poor management don't have a clue. no career advancement.
great company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The best part of being with Oakwood is that you get to meet such great people and everyone there is so good at doing their job. We always learn from each other and give each other constructive criticism when needed.
Fun Workplace
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 14, 2013
Associates that make up the company are energentic, diverse and generally fun to interact with professionally and socially. THis being said, growth potential is limited, lay off's have been a continuous wave over the past 4 years and all non-management have experiences merit increase freezes on and off since 2008. This is a great company for those looking for their first job and seeking to polish thier sales or operations skills to move onto newer oportunities.
Pros
friendly associates
Cons
pay freeze, long hours, no associate focus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakwood Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.