Oakwood Worldwide Employee Reviews

Love working there
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 14, 2016
Great company that gives you the flexibility to advance in a very fast paced talent mobility environment. I would recommend this company to other potential employees.
An old company trying to reinvent itself
National Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2016
Little direction but also little micromanagement. A good job if you can handle working in gray areas. Nothing is ever black and white. Can be high pressure at times. Company centralized and then decentralized recently.
Pros
Family style culture, many tenured associates, private company
Cons
Little to no 401k matching, benefits for dependents are expensive
A great experience witha great company
Human Resources Generalist, East Coast Region (Former Employee) –  Washington DCOctober 9, 2016
Working at Oakwood Worldwide was a great fit. I had a management team that allowed me to showcase my strong skill set and have a safe environment to address those skills that needed work. I was the HR Generalist for 2100 people across the east coast. I was given the opportunity to meet most of them with site visits which allowed me to personally share my HR philosophies which alleviated staff fears of the HR Department in general. When it was time to relocate with the military, the company asked me to stay on for another year working remotely until they found my replacement - an experience most companies do not offer.
Pros
Travel, fun environment, growth, gratifying
Cons
Fast pasted environment! Always something to do, and get done
Lead Guest Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CASeptember 21, 2016
I come in and find out if there have been any major issues from the night before. If so, i must ensure that that one of my guest service representatives are taking care of our guest. I have been with Oakwood for almost 2 years, and i have learned so many different roles in this company. There is room for improvement with the management, but they are still here to assist when needed. My co-workers are supportive, and helpful when needed. The hardest part of my job is dealing with some many different types of cultures and personalities. The most enjoyable part of my job is when my guest walks away with an amazing experience staying with Oakwood.
National Account Coordinator
National Account Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2016
Ability to manage the number two relocation account that utilizes corporate housing for clients needing to relocate employee's and their families.
Difficult employer
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CASeptember 6, 2016
I did not receive the full amount of training necessary for me to achieve all of my job responsibilities as well as I could have. My trainer had left for her honeymoon, but the other girl who took over training me for that week was still learning herself. I was on the docs team and enjoyed it very much. However, there was a lot of stress and miscommunication between the account coordinators and service team and management. My manager specifically was also very condescending and rude and did not give credit where credit was due.
Great company overall
Housekeeping/Driver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 3, 2016
I recommend this company to someone who needs experience in cleaning, great work environment. They provide on the job training.
Pros
Bonuses, employee recognition, excellent benefits
Interact with guest, prepare vendor contracts, institute work orders for maintenance staff.
Guest Service Relations / Leasing consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, Ill and Falls Church, Va.June 15, 2016
1. Greet guests, prepare leases for new residents or move out paperwork for departing guests.
2. I learned how to deal effectively with the general public.
3. Our company was very intutive to its employees as well as all management staff.
4. Co-workers were team players and our focus was to create an excellent enviornment for our residents during their stay with us.
5. Hardest part of the job was probably preparing paper work for 150 move in guest.
6. Most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of the guest.
Pros
Great people to work with, catered lunches etc.
Cons
sometimes dealing with difficult guests
Productive and fun place with families
Activity Instructor (Former Employee) –  VirginiaMay 12, 2016
A typical day consist of instructing different events for parents and children.Supervising and interacting with children ages 3-13 during activities and serving and prepared meals for big events. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people.
Fun Workplace
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2016
Very nice personnel.
Marketing Data Administrator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 17, 2016
Although Oakwood is a nice company, the pay is not commensurate to the work. The job descriptions do not always fit the positions people are hired for. Many times there is too much work and not enough coverage.
Pros
Great culture, good work morale
Cons
Low pay
Its a Job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJanuary 30, 2016
The company could be a good place to work but there is no opportunity for advancement in certain departments. Management expects the world from security department with no reward in return.
great company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 18, 2016
The best part of being with Oakwood is that you get to meet such great people and everyone there is so good at doing their job. We always learn from each other and give each other constructive criticism when needed.
It was okay, but they were partial
NATIONAL ACCOUNTANT LIAISON (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2016
It is Monday-Friday, the pay was great, I don't spend much time on the phones which is nice. Really a sense of family atmosphere. Lots of fundraisers and the spirit team is awesome.
Pros
short lunch
Cons
the benefits are expensive
Oakwood world wide
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CADecember 15, 2015
Great company too work for. lots of room for advancement. A typical day would include lots of customer interaction and vendor interaction via phone and email.
Pros
hour lunch
Cons
busy peak season
Dysfunctional Family
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  AnonymousSeptember 30, 2015
I was sold on a company culture of "family" and "fun". This is not the case. There is a significant lack of clarity around organizational structure, roles and strategy. The organization as a whole is very change adverse which results in stagnant operations. If this company is to grow it must innovate and streamline. Otherwise, it will coast along unto the inevitable.
Pros
Compensation, Somewhat flexible work schedules
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities, role ambiguity, disorganization
Great work environment; the Golden Rule is do unto others as you would have them do unto you, and this applies to co-workers as well as customers.
Internet Account Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 28, 2015
Very fast-paced job; if you aren't taking or making a call, you are responding to emails. You are working with individuals and corporations to find temporary, luxury housing worldwide. You will work with the client from the time of the first call or email, through the booking process. Probing questions are very important in this job, both for legal purposes and to ensure you are aware of all the clients' needs, such as accommodations for children, pets, etc.. It's also very important to build an early rapport with the client, especially if you can hear stress or anxiety in their voice. Many of these people are relocating to new cities or states, and need a little reassurance.
Pros
Friendly environment; potlucks; always busy; free bus passes
Cons
Their computer systems go out too frequently
I enjoyed working at Oakwood and everyone there, I learned a lot there
REGIONAL SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 10, 2015
My typical day was very busy and productive working with multicultural people. Understanding how Oakwood World Wide functioned, co-workers a great team.
Pros
Working with all groups of people, daily learning and production
Cons
Being away from home sometimes when I needed to travel
servicing the nightmare
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hayward, CAMay 22, 2015
Not a great place to work...very stressful... long hours without any support...major changes need to happen in this company... low moral...no flexibility...no breaks(state requirements) and if you take lunch at your desk you are expected to answer phones...benefits are the worst (way to big of a company for them to have horrible insurance).
Pros
pay
Cons
no breaks, benefits, no perks
There is a reason they re-hire new GSR's every spring
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 21, 2015
While I enjoyed working at the Phoenix call center, the management is very out of touch. Retention of employees is not the objective here. There is a big push to bring in new talent every spring, and by the end of year, most have been let go or moved on.
Management plays favors and retaliates if they feel you are not being subservient enough.

This company is great if you are not in the call center, and getting out of that position is almost impossible. You are more likely to get fired than promoted.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oakwood Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.