APPOINTMENT COORDINATOR (BILINGUAL - SPANISH/ENGLISH)
Reports to: Dentist and Director of Human Resources
Bilingual ENGLISH/SPANISH speaking REQUIRED!!
Responsible for maintaining and managing the schedule towards the decided productivity goals of the hygiene and operative departments. Represent our office positively throughout this encounter and work to create a comfortable and relaxed, yet professional and competent feel to the front office.
- Answer and address any calls transferred from administrative team referencing a reschedule or cancellation matter.
- Ensure accurate appointment type and adequate time for each appointment when scheduling
- See that the hygiene and operative appointment hours are completely filled according to daily goals, in accordance with the appointment guidelines. Use appropriate reports in computer for unscheduled hygiene/ operative care
- Promptly update schedule changes and coordinate patient flow.
- Follow up on broken hygiene/operative appointments, keep ready call list, and fill broken and cancelled appointments.
- Monitor appointment confirmations using Smile Reminder. Update EagleSoft software throughout the day to reflect Smile Reminder data.
- Utilize Smile Reminder to send appointment reminder cards/letters for the following week’s/month’s schedule. Send thank you cards, sympathy cards to patients as needed.
- Monitor office e-mail accounts and respond promptly and professionally to appointment requests, contact forms, referral forms, etc.
- Track patients through the Recare and Treatment Performance Tracker systems.
- Contact patients who are late for preventive maintenance according to office protocol; maximize attempts to minimize patients “falling through the cracks.”
- Be aware and understand the various patient payment options offered by dental practice for introduction purposes only. Transfer any financial arrangement requests to the Business Coordinator.
- Maintain/update insurance information on all patients at all times in EagleSoft
- Obtain detailed insurance eligibility information from insurance companies at least 48
hours prior to patient appointment times and enter that information into patient records daily.
- Assist Business Coordinator in helping patients understand their dental benefits.
Other Job Duties as Assigned
- Be responsible for the appearance of the reception area.
- Check patient restroom at lunch and at the end of the day to ensure tidiness.
- Assist Business Coordinator and Marketing Director by completing various sections of Production and Marketing reports.
- Be an active participant in Team Meetings.
- Monitor dental office supply inventory and submit dental office supply order requests to Business Coordinator as needed.
- Monitor and make sure all dental office equipment is working properly
PERSONNEL REQUIREMENTS Education/Experience
1. High school diploma.
2. Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
1. 2+years experience with electronic patient records, scheduling appointments and entering insurance information using Patterson Dental Eaglesoft Practice Management Software.
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel).
3. Legible handwriting.
- Good interpersonal skills; detail-oriented and service-oriented.
- Positive, outgoing, professional attitude.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, proactive problem solver.
- Efficient, dependable and honest.
- Maintain effective rapport with patients, dentists, other team members, and community.
- Effective verbal skills to communicate with patients and team.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Oasis Dentistry is a beautiful new family dental practice located in Olathe, KS. Our mission is to provide quality, personalized,...