OASIS Hospital

OASIS Hospital Employer Reviews

Busy orthopedic and spine hospital
Director of perioperative Services (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: amazing staff
Cons: expectations not clearly communicated
High volume and high quality patient care. Incredible team in Perioperative services and some of the most highly skilled surgeons in the business.
very productive workplace
Sterile tech (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2013
Pros: great pay
Cons: benefits not so good
oasis hospital is an excellent work place that offered great incentives & bonuses. overall excellent work environment
A very busy job.
Nurse Case Manager/Discharge Coordinator (Current Employee), phoenix, AZJune 13, 2012
Pros: doing ur for an inpatient surgical patient super easy.
Cons: having to see post surgical patients on the day of surgery to start discharge planning, not a full service hospital, having to wait for results of ultrasound for 24-26 hr, surgical patients sometimes arriving as late as 830 pm on the surgical floor, long days.
It was a joy working co-workers and developed many friendships. Enjoyed many of the patients and their families..
Management felt that everyone (especially case management) had to do extra time to in order for the hospital to function smoothly. There was no empathy.
Only 2 case managers; worked with my boss almost daily.
Workday began at 730 AM w/ short – more... day 10 1/2 hr for the first 2 days and long days are 14 1/2 hr for day number three and four then back to 10 or 10 1/2 for 5th day. Purely surgical hospital with average of 70 patients in 3 days. Do UR on 1st day on outpatients (average 2-3 daily) and the rest inpatients. Discharge planning for all patients. Length of Stay 24 - 72 hr. Must have discharge plans done day before discharge since patients are discharged early the next day in order to have beds available for surgery patients coming in that day.
The most difficult is the number of hours in a day you work.
Insurance benefits were poor especially the co-pays for medications. There was a per-exiting clause for illness on the short term and long term disability which caused a denial.
. – less
Our Mission-Treating Patients Like Family carries through to our employees
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2012
Pros: our team
Member of the Administrative Team responsible for opening new Inpatient Hospital. Implementation of new systems and processes to meet DHS, Joint Commission and Medicare Certification Requirements. Financial Administration to meet Hospital goals. Financial and Operational Management for Revenue Cycle, Information Technology, Patient Financial Services, – more... Financial Reporting, Materials Management, Admitting, HIM, and Case Management. Negotiated Pricing and Contracted with vendors for medical and surgical supplies for the Hospital.

 Recruitment, hiring and retention of the financial management team to coincide with project plan.
 Working with the Team developed Policies and procedures for the operation of the Materials Management, Admitting, HIM, Case Management, and Information Technology to meet HIPPA, JCAHO, and DHS along with Corporate Compliance and Internal Control guidelines.
 Financial decision making to coincide with the Hospital’s business plan to assure success.
 Project Management Responsibility for Meditech System Clinical and Financial Implementation to meet Meaningful Use Timeline.
 Cash Flow Management Responsibility.
 Revenue Cycle process flow oversight
 Established effective working relationships with physicians, employees, patients and vendors. – less
Work is fun but not that exciting.
Special Care Baby Unit Nurse (Current Employee), Al AinJune 27, 2014
A nice working environment but work is customary. I was in an adult dept. before so when I had my duty in the new unit I've learned how to manage newborn cases. The management was really nice with the staff when I came but now we are not valued as much as before. My colleagues are nice and fun to be with teamwork is always there. The hardest part I – more... may say is when we are understaff the quality of care is not being met. The enjoyable part in spite of a very busy day we still manage to have fun and the feeling of satisfaction when we discharge a healthy newborn after a long time of care in our unit. – less
supports professional growth but does not support patient safety ultimately
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Al-Ayn, AZMarch 3, 2014
Pros: cme given for free
Cons: large nurse-patient ratio despite patient's acuity
The Hospital sticks to the policies and the standards and theories but doesn't really consider transcultural effect in our field of work. co-workers support and help each other despite the large amount of pressure they're putting to us everyday.
intertaining and exciting job
MEDICAL WARD CLERK (Former Employee), al ain city, p.o box 1016, abudhabi, U.A.EAugust 1, 2013
I used to deal with patients and visitors as well. I learn a lot to deal with different types of people, different culture and beliefs. I am very happy with my co workers we have teamwork. The hardest part of my job is when patient is mad. The enjoyable part of my job is when dealing with patients and explaining about their next visit and guiding them – more... and they will say thank you to me. – less
honest and hard working
practical nurse (Current Employee), emergency care unitJuly 3, 2013
can tackle and work in tuff busy schedules, with honesty and faithfully.
PRODUCTICTIVE
RECEPTIONIST / REGISTRY /CASHIER (Current Employee), Al-ain,Abu DhabiNovember 23, 2012
Pros: anual benefits
Cons: long hours
good management and continous learning, though I want to be properly compensated

About OASIS Hospital

Oasis Hospital is located in the quieter, more traditional city of Al Ain, in the United Arab Emirates, an easy 90 min drive from – Read more

OASIS Hospital Photos