OASIS Hospital Employee Reviews

Waaaay tooo much favoritism and fakeness
Everything (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 6, 2017
Everyone is nice to your face but talk behind your back. Nurses, housekeepers, techs, everyone. You can advance pretty fast if you go to work to work and work hard. But the favortism is real there. Oh and management.....lol thats a joke!!!! Butni love my job
Pros
Love my job
Cons
Favortism & Fakeness
Pleasant Work Environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2017
If a pleasant work environment is most important, then this is the job for you. I enjoy every minute at work. The people are great and management is pleasant. The hospital is new and clean. The biggest down side is that I get cancelled, A LOT! This is coming from someone who has loved getting cancelled in other jobs in the past. I don't take a lot of vacations and I save my PTO for this kind of thing , I am unable to save any of it here. My paid time off (PTO) is not enough to cover all the days I get cancelled, so that means short paychecks and absolutely NO planned vacation time. All the PTO is for cancellations. The reason for this is the census in the hospital depends on the number of surgeries being done and those surgeries are done more frequently on certain days of the week. There is also a minimum requirement of weekend shifts required to sign up for, as there is in any facility. Therefore, it's guaranteed that you will get cancelled frequently if you sign up for the weekend days that you are required to sign up for. This is an excellent second job, but may not be for everyone if they rely solely on this job for their income. If you do come work with us full time, plan on having a second job or some agency work and plan on saving all your PTO for cancellations. It's still worth it though. It might also not be the best fit for a new grad, since the experience is very pidgeon-holed into only 4 or 5 diagnoses.
Pros
Pleasant work environment, Clean new hospital, great staff
Cons
lots of cancellations!
Great people, great management, I love it!
Credentialing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 14, 2017
I was only a temporary employee, but was welcomed and treated as if I was a permanent employee. Everyone was friendly and eager to assist me and I was included in company events.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with kind, helpful people. Management consistently thanked me for the work I was doing.

The hardest part? That will be leaving at the end of my assignment.
Pros
Free lunches for holidays. Great training.
Cons
That I am not a permanent employee. :(
lots of backstabbing, politics and favoritism
RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
Nursing and PT are fantastic people, kind, caring and great to work with. HR director (upper management), horrible, BIASED and greedy. It's all smiles and nods but a lot of back stabbing. The Human Resource director makes numerous mistakes and gets away with it. Someone else takes the fall or management changes so often it's swept under the rug. Expected to be flexible but if you're not friends with your supervisor forget about getting your hours. Inappropriate relationships form and no one stops it.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
upper management is the worst I've ever worked for
Oasis
Psychiatric RN (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZNovember 9, 2016
admit psychiatric patients, discharge pts. carry out physician orders, administer medication. assess pts. .

co workers are friendly and easy to get along with
Pros
wokring with a diverse population
Cons
Flucuating schedule
Fun place to work!
Materials Management Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 27, 2016
A day at Oasis is a day with sunshine! Everyone works together very well.20 to 30 surgeries is a normal day,which works like clockwork! I need a change in my work to challenge my best assets!
Pros
Bonuses 2 times a year. Healthy ones at that!
Cons
great place to work where patients are treated like family
RN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 5, 2016
great place to work where patients are treated like family.There is team work and one never eels alone when working there.
Provides not only career growth but spiritual growth as well.
Associate Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  Al-AynApril 18, 2016
The hospital is a Christian organization, career and spiritual growth are encouraged by the management. The management leads by example; they walk the talk. A`sense of belongingness abounds. Employees know each other. There is a strong bond with the patients. Employees are compassionate to their patients.
Pros
Fun and satisfying to work
Cons
Due to short staff, employees work all hours
Career Enhanced
Laboratory Technologist - Chemistry Section (Current Employee) –  Section, ALApril 13, 2016
Career was developed both skills and personal development. Grateful for having such a wonderful lab team. State of the art lab
Pros
Work is fine
Cons
Unstable
About my job I love so much
CNA (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2016
Our work days can be very busy but we do it our management team we all work together to get the job done the hardest part of my job is admiting the pts cause you can get three admits at once but I get he job done my enjoyment with my job is my pts seeing them getting better so they can go home
Excellent place to work.
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZJuly 26, 2015
Great people to work with, good location and accessible facility. Working there for two months and still I am not able to obtain information about supervised hours for my LISAC. Not clear directions or no directions about health insurance, online payroll information, lack of direction from management etc,..
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
No time to eat or rest for few mins during the day.
Specialty
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 7, 2014
Care for patients like family is the core value of OASIS hospital.
Great Place to work
Payroll & Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 9, 2014
Oasis Hospital is a beautifu Orthopedic Hospital that opened in June 2011. It is a nice place to work with great employees.
Pros
Excellent food
Busy orthopedic and spine hospital
Director of perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 29, 2014
High volume and high quality patient care. Incredible team in Perioperative services and some of the most highly skilled surgeons in the business.
Pros
Amazing Staff
Cons
Expectations not clearly communicated
very productive workplace
Sterile tech (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2013
oasis hospital is an excellent work place that offered great incentives & bonuses. overall excellent work environment
Pros
great pay
Cons
benefits not so good
A very busy job.
Nurse Case Manager/Discharge Coordinator (Current Employee) –  phoenix, AZJune 13, 2012
It was a joy working co-workers and developed many friendships. Enjoyed many of the patients and their families..
Management felt that everyone (especially case management) had to do extra time to in order for the hospital to function smoothly. There was no empathy.
Only 2 case managers; worked with my boss almost daily.
Workday began at 730 AM w/ short day 10 1/2 hr for the first 2 days and long days are 14 1/2 hr for day number three and four then back to 10 or 10 1/2 for 5th day. Purely surgical hospital with average of 70 patients in 3 days. Do UR on 1st day on outpatients (average 2-3 daily) and the rest inpatients. Discharge planning for all patients. Length of Stay 24 - 72 hr. Must have discharge plans done day before discharge since patients are discharged early the next day in order to have beds available for surgery patients coming in that day.
The most difficult is the number of hours in a day you work.
Insurance benefits were poor especially the co-pays for medications. There was a per-exiting clause for illness on the short term and long term disability which caused a denial.
Pros
doing ur for an inpatient surgical patient super easy.
Cons
having to see post surgical patients on the day of surgery to start discharge planning, not a full service hospital, having to wait for results of ultrasound for 24-26 hr, surgical patients sometimes arriving as late as 830 pm on the surgical floor, long days.
Our Mission-Treating Patients Like Family carries through to our employees
Chief Financial Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 15, 2012
Member of the Administrative Team responsible for opening new Inpatient Hospital. Implementation of new systems and processes to meet DHS, Joint Commission and Medicare Certification Requirements. Financial Administration to meet Hospital goals. Financial and Operational Management for Revenue Cycle, Information Technology, Patient Financial Services, Financial Reporting, Materials Management, Admitting, HIM, and Case Management. Negotiated Pricing and Contracted with vendors for medical and surgical supplies for the Hospital.

 Recruitment, hiring and retention of the financial management team to coincide with project plan.
 Working with the Team developed Policies and procedures for the operation of the Materials Management, Admitting, HIM, Case Management, and Information Technology to meet HIPPA, JCAHO, and DHS along with Corporate Compliance and Internal Control guidelines.
 Financial decision making to coincide with the Hospital’s business plan to assure success.
 Project Management Responsibility for Meditech System Clinical and Financial Implementation to meet Meaningful Use Timeline.
 Cash Flow Management Responsibility.
 Revenue Cycle process flow oversight
 Established effective working relationships with physicians, employees, patients and vendors.
Pros
our team