OASIS Employee Reviews in United States

Toxic work environment
National Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 29, 2016
My co-workers were lovely, hard-working women, frustrated by the office environment. While a nice person, the president lacked the power to make good business decisions due to the tyrannical nature of the owner. This is a company, that if you work hard, exceed your sales goals and start making good money, will change rules in the middle of the game and will do anything to save money at any cost.
That said, I learned a lot and really had the opportunity to grow professionally in this role. I got better at public speaking and making presentations, was very successful, exceeding my sales goals each month, I made some nice friends, worked really hard and made good money while I was there.
Pros
Really enjoyed touting the benefits of a career in Travel and coaching them on how to be successful
Cons
First remote employee they ever had (was challenging), I was in SALES and I couldn't get important business tools (like a true CRM), Poor vacation and medical benefits, feeling unappreciated and undervalued
Uplifting, lively group of people to work with
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodinville, WAApril 26, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of helping crews load equipment and materials for their deliveries and installation of modular office systems. Daily shipping and recieving of furniture and goods. Maintain warehouse cleanliness and standards for daily operations. Inventory and pull product for next day field operations.
Pros
Fun work atmosphere
Cons
Low pay
Warm place, with valuable life lessons
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJFebruary 26, 2016
Management, other faculty were all wonderful. Job was not easy, but was rewarding with life experience and getting to help those less fortunate then myself.
Very fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NCOctober 16, 2015
Oasis is a very fun, comfortable environment. I worked with some very amazing People there. They were so willing to work with me beings i have a daughter.
Pros
People were amazing
Cons
that i worked night shift
pay is good
CNA/LPN (Former Employee) –  Bradley, ILOctober 16, 2015
don't think they hire LPN's any more there. heard about some shady business. but overall it wasn't bad once they gave you hours. did this right out of nursing school, probably should have had a little more experience before jumping into home care.
Great Management
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEOctober 4, 2015
Being able to help students was the best part of this job. Working alone as the overseer each night gave me responsibility and a sense of growth as the year progressed.
Great environment , fun place to work
Tutor (Former Employee) –  paterson njSeptember 1, 2015
We start the day by picking up the kids from the schools when they are dismissed at 3pm then we return to oasis and feed them. They finish eating by 4pm then we help them with their homework if help is needed. When that is done we go outside and play around with them. thats a typical day.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short work hours
Atmosphere encourages collaboration and is conducive to students.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CAAugust 26, 2015
Coworkers are usually previous students so are dedicated to bettering the learning experience of their own students. Amazing bosses that are easy to talk to and discuss whatever issues that arise.
Internship
Volunteer Intern (Former Employee) –  St.louis , MOAugust 20, 2015
Highly professional and committed to public health service. Nice team with highly experienced professionals. lots of opportunity to learn.
Productive and fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 14, 2015
Working through Oasis was a great experience that helped me become a great warehouse worker. I learned just about everthing i could ever need to know.
Fun and dedicated work place
Lifeguard at the Oasis water park (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2015
Typical day would be to have your pack, whistle, hat, and life saving device ready to go and on your stand when the people arrive inside the water park. Your position would rotate every half an hour to stay vigilant. Every couple hours give or take we would get a 20 minute break. Not every coworker would always abide by this and "bump" late. Least enjoyable part would be the heat and unable to interact with guests and lifeguards. Most enjoyable part was the coworkers for the most part. Pretty easy for the most part.
Pros
20 minute breaks every couple hours and $2 lunches
Cons
No benefits for lifeguards, little advancement
Great place to work in
tutor (Former Employee) –  north jerseyJuly 8, 2015
Oasis is a great a place to work in. The people are very nice. I loved working there, it is a big family with great people. Everyone is always willing to help you and give you a hand when your in need.
Pros
great company
Cons
nothing
Challenging and rewarding program.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 7, 2015
A warm atmosphere conducive for learning. OASIS gives all of their families the best care for their children. The tuition rates are also affordable for any type of house hold income.
I love my customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 2, 2015
My customers were great. I love doing them how do the lottery. I made sure the store stayed neat and clean. The hardest part of the job was sometime a customer wants to steal and catching them and calling the police.
Pros
Eat between customers.
Cons
no bebefits.
Fun place
Note taker/Reader/Scribe (Current Employee) –  East Stroudsburg UniversityMay 25, 2015
It is very fun working at my college. Applying here with my friends to take notes and help others who need the help makes me feel like a better person.
Pros
Paid for going to class
Cons
Not paid often
Very fast pased
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Collingdale, PAMay 22, 2015
A typical work day include file taxes and I learned how to file taxes and how to use excel. The hardest part of my job was spending hours on the computer.
The people are the best part of working here
Registered Nurse, House Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZMay 18, 2015
This company works hard to make safety a priority but understaffing is always an issue. Management does listen to employees' concerns in order to make improvements.
Extremely friendly place to work
Tudor/Intern (Former Employee) –  Paterson, NJMay 3, 2015
Loved working here. My co-workers were an amazing and inspirational group of people. The supervisor tends to be somewhat scatter brained but is an excellent individual in all aspects.
Horrible
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lake Alfred, FLMarch 10, 2015
Very unprofessional. Never received last pay check. Wouldn't refer anyone to work for this company. I don't know what else to tell you.
exellent work inviroment for all employes and employer
owner/ operator (Former Employee) –  Triangle, VAFebruary 6, 2015
a typical day at work consists pf meeting new and/or old clients to come up with a resonable and agreeable payment for the projects they have in mind. i also go over many other outcomes or sugested different ideas to inhance there experience as a costumer and to insure there saftey at home while the project was in progress. i managed my employes as well as myself on all job sites. my co-workers usually consisted but was not limited to other members who were very well known for there hand in different trades or skills such as painting, flooring, electric, plumbing, etc. i am also able to preform all tasks as well. the hardest part of the job was finding good employes.the most enjoyable or satisfying part of my job was the completion of each project.
Pros
satisfied customers
Cons
difficult customers