Oatey Company Employee Reviews

Great workplace with amazing management and employees benefits
Machine Operator/Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 5, 2017
My experience working at The Oatey Company was fulfilling and motivating as there was always an opportunity to grow from the field you start in. There's great management and lots of attention to the employees safety. If it wasn't for my pregnancy, I would have been happy to continue working for the Oatey Company.
Pros
Free safety goggles and ear plugs
productive and fun place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2017
I get more experience in my life and learn alot when i go there at the beginning i had no experience now i know everything about my job they train as in material handling
tom motor driver
Tow motor driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 9, 2017
working at this job was a decent experience had to work my self as well as many others from temp status to full time while learning to do various jobs, as well as learning how to use different machines if your a fast and willing learner. Knowing and doing different positions doesn't necessarily come with good pay which is one of the reasons i left that and being on third with two young children
great benefits but short staffed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2016
i handled up to 90 calls a day , on top of that we had to answer requests that would come through emails and faxes freight shortages , returns credit and rebill ect.
Oatey is a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2016
The culture at Oatey is very family oriented and everyone genuinely cares about the company and each other. I believe our values are very strong and it shows in how people treat each other and our customers. Work life balance is very important to me and I am blessed to of found a company that embraces this in the culture.
Pros
Associates lead with high integrity in everything they do
Cons
Could us more parking spaces
Best Place to Work!!
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2016
Oatey is by far one of the best companies I have worked for! The culture here is like no other culture I have experienced. The people are very friendly and open. Great communication and family atmosphere. I have worked for 4 other companies before I worked at Oatey, and no other company even comes close in comparison.

Definitely recommend checking out positions at Oatey! You won't regret it.
Great people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  ClevelandJuly 21, 2016
The people make this company great, from the top down. All departments are aligned and willing to help. It's a well oiled machine.
Pros
Above average benefits / compensation, great people and camaraderie.
Cons
slightly behind the times technologically.
No accountability
SAFETY REP/ TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 27, 2015
Great company, wrong people no standard work safety is not a concern no one in management is willing to make changes to better distrbution cener
good company to work for
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2015
great place to work for close to home also great people to be at work with didn't want to leave but I needed to advance my life
Love the people!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioSeptember 18, 2015
I love the culture. I think this is a direct reflection of leadership from the top down. Very few family owned companies are run this well and has owners that you truly respect and admire.
Pros
warm friendly environment
They need much manufacturing help for as many problems as they need to fix.
New Product, Production & Assembly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha Nebraska Chemical ManufacturingMay 15, 2015
No clearly defined New Product which created issues in the following areas:Material Flow Maps, Plan for Every Part, Preventive Maintenance Schedules, Incoming Machine Inspections, Operator Training plans and Production Volumes unclear resulting in a hurried second shift production, additionally no PFMEA’s were completed, all of this and more resulted in a high number of Safety incidents which could have been prevented.
Pros
Scheduled Fridays off, never happened in 6 months
Cons
Continous Improvement was not embraced at any level.
Otaey have good benefits
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2015
I work night shift for 8 hours. The work is not that hard but we do have to meet production per hour. The work just have me feeling so wore out by the end of the shift
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many problems occur and that cuts in to our production
Manufacturing Company
Machine Operator/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Performed general machine operator duties. Assisted with shipment and delivery. Provided quality assurance.
hardworking people
Manufacture Worker (Former Employee) –  west side clevelandMay 22, 2014
great management, friendly people and opportunity for growth
Pros
pay
Cons
standing
nice place but takes forever to get hired in
order puller (Former Employee) –  cleveland ohioMay 2, 2014
You have to start though a temp service to start work. It takes 90 days for them to get you you app to fill out. What they don't tell you it takes another 9 months to have a interview after that you wait to see if they are going to hire you. I was there for 7 months never had a interview or got hired . third shift female superviser is the wrost person to ever work for.
Pros
good start pay great break 20mins half hour lunch
Cons
you work a year as a temp to get hired in
Position Review
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2013
Typical Day: Account review, invoice analysis, communication with customers

Learned: Accounts payable responsibilities

Management: Marginal to good

Co-workers: Balanced

Hardest Part of Job: Reconciling accounts

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Working with customers
was a great place to work then went down hill after Oatey family became less involved
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  W 160th PlasticsSeptember 20, 2013
Worked there for 7+ years which 5 of the 7 were great. The ownership became less involved in the daily operations and the new management team took the company to a horrible place to work. This has been several years now since I left so i am certain things may have changed but from talking with the few employees I have kept in contact with, its only further declined, Benefits, compensation, was great. Culture went from a dream to a nightmare. Hope it has gotten better.
Pros
Benefits. compensation
Cons
Culture, supervisors and production management are not good people on many levels.
great culture
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2013
great company culture but revolving door. There are constant management changes. However, there is a good work life balance, 2 gyms
not greatest place to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2013
Work there several years ,the values of the company went down and mangement do not care they just care about getting green on monitors you never hear you did a good job or even have a good day ,it's shame these's companine don't care about there people anymore that's why we leave .
Pros
the people i work with where great.
Cons
no raises, no 401, no bonus
Janitorial
Asst manager/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2013
*Created a sanitary, safe environment and enhanced the appearance of the facility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oatey Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Oatey Company Reviews by Location