Oatey Company Employee Reviews

Unfair and very crowded on shift overlap
Picker/Material Handler2 (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 4, 2017
Low raises, chronic overtime ,unfairnes, this isnt a career its more so u go here before u discover what and where u want to be in life .............
Pros
Lot of overtime
Cons
Lack of growth, favortism, low raises if any
Waste of your life
Line Lead (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 29, 2017
Stay away management thinks there better than the slaves that work here
No work life balance
The place is depressing no one can speak English or read
Hey find out for yourself
Pros
Cons
Production is a joke
Great place to work!
Engineering (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2017
Extremely fun but competitive environment. Upper Management is really down to earth and involved in every-day operations. Great opportunities for growth.
Pros
Work environment
Family oriented business
Sales (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 14, 2017
It is an honor to be employed by Oatey. The great people make for an excellent work environment. You are expected to get your job done and excel within your position. You are challenged to become better within your role and to advance your career.
Oatey is also very involved in the community and provides an ample amount of opportunities if that is something of interest.
I would highly recommend a career at Oatey to anyone.
Pros
Great people, benefits, pay, environment, gym at office
Overall Good workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 8, 2017
Good work environment. What I learned being at Oatey is how to fix machines lead people in the right direction. Most of the workers are pretty much friendly. The hardest part of the job when the machine breaks down you have to take steps to fix the problem. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everything run good and I can get my production.
Ok work place
Cement mixer 2 (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 7, 2017
Oatey is a ok work place. Have a lot of changes going on , some good , some bad. They have a lot to work on. Just got new boss not to long ago. Things are slowly getting better.
poor management
support (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 27, 2017
they do not care about there employees or the hours they make you work. the only people that matter are the management people. if you have no life its a place to work plenty of overtime and Saturdays.
Pros
when it is time to go home
Cons
no work life balance at all, sweat shop
Deteriorating fast
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2017
Last few years has seen a lot of talent walk out the door in certain departments. Culture rapidly declining into a CYA , short sighted one. Family needs to get more involved.
Pros
Some solid coworkers treat you like family.
I really enjoyed my time working for Oatey and i would work for the company again.
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 6, 2017
Oatey is a great place to work. They are very diverse. The people are easy to work with. The Supervisors are really helpful. I would go back to work in this establishment.
Ever changing
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 23, 2017
Oatey is a great company and out of necessity from the recession they have made changes. however, if you are not inline with particular senior management you will find yourself pigeon holed or moved out of the organization.
Great workplace with amazing management and employees benefits
Machine Operator/Assembler/Packer (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 5, 2017
My experience working at The Oatey Company was fulfilling and motivating as there was always an opportunity to grow from the field you start in. There's great management and lots of attention to the employees safety. If it wasn't for my pregnancy, I would have been happy to continue working for the Oatey Company.
Pros
Free safety goggles and ear plugs
productive and fun place
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 22, 2017
I get more experience in my life and learn alot when i go there at the beginning i had no experience now i know everything about my job they train as in material handling
tom motor driver
Tow motor driver (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 9, 2017
working at this job was a decent experience had to work my self as well as many others from temp status to full time while learning to do various jobs, as well as learning how to use different machines if your a fast and willing learner. Knowing and doing different positions doesn't necessarily come with good pay which is one of the reasons i left that and being on third with two young children
great benefits but short staffed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 14, 2016
i handled up to 90 calls a day , on top of that we had to answer requests that would come through emails and faxes freight shortages , returns credit and rebill ect.
Oatey is a great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2016
The culture at Oatey is very family oriented and everyone genuinely cares about the company and each other. I believe our values are very strong and it shows in how people treat each other and our customers. Work life balance is very important to me and I am blessed to of found a company that embraces this in the culture.
Pros
Associates lead with high integrity in everything they do
Cons
Could us more parking spaces
Best Place to Work!!
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2016
Oatey is by far one of the best companies I have worked for! The culture here is like no other culture I have experienced. The people are very friendly and open. Great communication and family atmosphere. I have worked for 4 other companies before I worked at Oatey, and no other company even comes close in comparison.

Definitely recommend checking out positions at Oatey! You won't regret it.
Great people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  ClevelandJuly 21, 2016
The people make this company great, from the top down. All departments are aligned and willing to help. It's a well oiled machine.
Pros
Above average benefits / compensation, great people and camaraderie.
Cons
slightly behind the times technologically.
No accountability
SAFETY REP/ TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 27, 2015
Great company, wrong people no standard work safety is not a concern no one in management is willing to make changes to better distrbution cener
good company to work for
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2015
great place to work for close to home also great people to be at work with didn't want to leave but I needed to advance my life
Love the people!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioSeptember 18, 2015
I love the culture. I think this is a direct reflection of leadership from the top down. Very few family owned companies are run this well and has owners that you truly respect and admire.
Pros
warm friendly environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oatey Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Oatey Company Reviews by Location