Oatey Company Employee Reviews in United States

Best Place to Work!!
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 22, 2016
Oatey is by far one of the best companies I have worked for! The culture here is like no other culture I have experienced. The people are very friendly and open. Great communication and family atmosphere. I have worked for 4 other companies before I worked at Oatey, and no other company even comes close in comparison.

Definitely recommend checking out positions at Oatey! You won't regret it.
Great people
Analyst (Current Employee) –  ClevelandJuly 21, 2016
The people make this company great, from the top down. All departments are aligned and willing to help. It's a well oiled machine.
Pros
Above average benefits / compensation, great people and camaraderie.
Cons
slightly behind the times technologically.
good company to work for
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 8, 2015
great place to work for close to home also great people to be at work with didn't want to leave but I needed to advance my life
Love the people!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OhioSeptember 18, 2015
I love the culture. I think this is a direct reflection of leadership from the top down. Very few family owned companies are run this well and has owners that you truly respect and admire.
Pros
warm friendly environment
They need much manufacturing help for as many problems as they need to fix.
New Product, Production & Assembly Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Omaha Nebraska Chemical ManufacturingMay 15, 2015
No clearly defined New Product which created issues in the following areas:Material Flow Maps, Plan for Every Part, Preventive Maintenance Schedules, Incoming Machine Inspections, Operator Training plans and Production Volumes unclear resulting in a hurried second shift production, additionally no PFMEA’s were completed, all of this and more resulted in a high number of Safety incidents which could have been prevented.
Pros
Scheduled Fridays off, never happened in 6 months
Cons
Continous Improvement was not embraced at any level.
Otaey have good benefits
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 13, 2015
I work night shift for 8 hours. The work is not that hard but we do have to meet production per hour. The work just have me feeling so wore out by the end of the shift
Pros
good benefits
Cons
too many problems occur and that cuts in to our production
Manufacturing Company
Machine Operator/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 29, 2014
Performed general machine operator duties. Assisted with shipment and delivery. Provided quality assurance.
hardworking people
Manufacture Worker (Former Employee) –  west side clevelandMay 22, 2014
great management, friendly people and opportunity for growth
Pros
pay
Cons
standing
nice place but takes forever to get hired in
order puller (Former Employee) –  cleveland ohioMay 2, 2014
You have to start though a temp service to start work. It takes 90 days for them to get you you app to fill out. What they don't tell you it takes another 9 months to have a interview after that you wait to see if they are going to hire you. I was there for 7 months never had a interview or got hired . third shift female superviser is the wrost person to ever work for.
Pros
good start pay great break 20mins half hour lunch
Cons
you work a year as a temp to get hired in
Position Review
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2013
Typical Day: Account review, invoice analysis, communication with customers

Learned: Accounts payable responsibilities

Management: Marginal to good

Co-workers: Balanced

Hardest Part of Job: Reconciling accounts

Most Enjoyable Part of Job: Working with customers
great culture
Confidential (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 11, 2013
great company culture but revolving door. There are constant management changes. However, there is a good work life balance, 2 gyms
not greatest place to work
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 19, 2013
Work there several years ,the values of the company went down and mangement do not care they just care about getting green on monitors you never hear you did a good job or even have a good day ,it's shame these's companine don't care about there people anymore that's why we leave .
Pros
the people i work with where great.
Cons
no raises, no 401, no bonus
Janitorial
Asst manager/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 13, 2013
*Created a sanitary, safe environment and enhanced the appearance of the facility.
Productive, family like community, provides a strong support system for employees
Marketing Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 3, 2012
* I work very closely with the graphic designer. I have become very familiar with programs such as InDesign and Photo Shop.

* I am also working very closely with the marketing communications manager preparing for Oatey's first annual Pro Plumbers Day at Progressive Field.

* Everyday I face different challenges, I am given the opportunity to figure out solutions and solve problems, which I find very beneficial.

* Every employee is helpful. They all are open to help and answer any questions you may have. It really gives off the feeling of being one big family.
Best Internship
Human Resource Intern (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 19, 2012
I am currently interning with OATEY Co. and it's the best to company for an intern. There is a lot to learn and the leaders are very talented they give you all opportunities to learn. I learned how to handle the stress in a corporate life in America, how to communicate clearly with your managers. My co-workers were very helpful.