OB-GYN Associates Employee Reviews

Fun, enjoyed working with the public.
Medical coding, medical billing (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALMarch 27, 2017
I enjoyed working at Decatur General West.The people and the patients that I worked with made it a great place to work. Hatted that the office that I was working in closed.
Pros
Free lunches
Receptionist job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAFebruary 23, 2017
A typical day at work for me would be arriving to work preparing my tasks for the day. Working in an office environment I have learned to deal with different kind of people and have more patience for customers and learning to deal with different kind of people different religion different backgrounds. The hardest part about the job would be dealing with different patients when they are upset and trying to keep them calm and while staying calm my self and trying to fix the situation. The most enjoyable part would be meeting different people and learning different things about people.
Great benefits, busy and challenging days, visiting with patient's
Lab Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 9, 2016
I work 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. My typical day consists of greeting patient's, process their paperwork and make sure they don't have to wait long to have their blood drawn. A schedule is printed of future appointments, working 1 week ahead. Then an order is created. On a daily basis the next days appointment schedule is reviewed to make sure that the order previously created verify's patient's name, what lab work needs to be done, verify patient's demographics and time of appointment. Another part of the job is to match the patient's results to an order in the chart, often having to create an order and send it for doctor's signature.

Most days are busy, fast paced and hectic, but I love keeping busy and especially enjoy visiting with our patient's. The hardest part of the job is working with younger co-worker's who'd rather be checking messages on their phones instead of taking care of the patient standing in front of them.

The benefits are great and the doctors are very generous to their employees
Pros
Free Lunches from drug reps, benefits and the caring doctors
Cons
Dealing with a younger generation that rather screw off then work
it wasn't a fun place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 13, 2015
physician didn't show up to work.

I learn how to control all the irate clients and rescheduled they appointment.

management was not in good condition.

Co-worker always show up to work late.

the hardest part of my job is to run the front and the back of the office by my self .

When my clients thanks me for my hard work.
Interesting and fun atmosphere
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 30, 2015
Calling patients back, taking their vitals and entering them into computer. Assisting Dr's with exams, and minor procedures.
Management is great. They work with their employees if there is a problem.
Co-workers are very polite and friendly.
Great location Thornton-
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJuly 23, 2014
Great management!! Location was great for me literally the drive 10mins. Nursing staff was great at showing how to do better blood draws. Medical assistants and receptionists were awesome to work with. It's sad to see a nice group of people split and merge. A large number of employees were being let go or find other work.
Pros
Staff and location by far was the best
Cons
Split and merge was hard to watch.
Productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 28, 2014
fast paced, great co-workers, fun environment. Somedays were busier than others, but it is a great place to work
fun to work with the emlpoyees
Medical Assistant / Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 10, 2013
getting started for the day . making sure we had all of our supplies in room . poor management . we all got along good .
Large office
Medical secretary (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 13, 2013
This is a large office with most employees devoted to one main task.
Productive for patients, lack of respect among co-workers.
Switchboard operator, medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALOctober 19, 2012
Lacks leadersip, administration. Not enough people who possess good work ethics. Too much gosip in office, a lot of favoritism. It is a hard place to work well with others because of these issues. A typical day for me is doing a lot of work with no help from others when some of the work is theirs to begin with. I have learned to do bone scans and patient workups, and also how to run a 22 line switchboard. My co-workers are self serving and bullies to an extent. The hardest part of my job is trying to get along with others and making sure that I can do my job to the best of my abilities. The most enjoyable thing about my job is working on the clinical side, and working with the patients.
Pros
occassional free lunch, employee of the month- 3.5 hrs off with pay
Cons
not a friendly atmosphere. not a lot of respect.
Ob-gyn office
Assistant Office Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianapolisSeptember 11, 2012
Asst manager. responsible for physican's daily and weekly itineraries. Surgery scheduler for 6 physicians. Insurance to include verifiecation and precertification. Liason between doctors and patients or hospital.
Pros
very comfortable in the office role.
Cons
dealing with many different personalities in the drs.
Productive and fun work place with appreciation given shown to all staff
Electronic Health Records Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 21, 2012
I really enjoyed my volunteer position in this office as I was acquiring some new skills in electronic health records. I am currently enrolled in school to educate myself for these skills. This office has great team effort and the management staff was excellent and fair.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
can't think of any
taking care of people's needs
MD office reception (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 3, 2012
I enjoyed the work, my patients and my co-workers...the doctors were excellent..
Pros
everything
Cons
short breaks..low pay