Job Functions and Duties:
- Retrieving and assembling credit card, cash and other payment detail from all sites.
- Download EFT, EOB and auto post electronic remittances from major insurances.
- Assist with general payment postings, charge entry, following/appeals of unpaid claims and assist with taking patient phone calls and contacting patients.
- Minimum of six months to one year of recent medical billing/customer service experience in healthcare billing and collections including computerized billing systems, cash receipts, Medicare, managed care and/or traditional insurance.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Good working knowledge of paper and electronic billing processes.
- Understandind of medical billing terminology and be familiar with CPT and ICD-9 coding.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word and Outlook.
- Certification in billing is a plus but not required.
Indeed - 23 months ago