Based in Western PA, Oberg Industries was established in 1948 and has become an industry leader in precision metalworking manufacturing that provides innovative and customized solutions for our customers in the business segments we serve. Our corporate headquarters located in Freeport, PA, just 9 miles north of Harmarville on Route 28.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Input and audit payroll information daily and weekly into time and attendance system to produce biweekly payroll.
- Maintain employee attendance records.
- Run internal payroll sessions and export to the ADP/payroll system and the general ledger.
- Run rosters and reports as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy of monthly payroll accrual.
- Comply with state and federal law safety regulations in addition to Oberg safety and security procedures.
- Adhere to company policies and state and federal laws and regulations relating to employment, including promoting a workplace free of discrimination and harassment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have the ability and interpersonal skills to successfully work as a team member to obtain desired results.
- Must be able to understand and apply work-related documents such as operating manuals, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to understand and perform to job-related quality standards and methods.
- Must have a working knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to communicate through written, verbal, or other means of communication.
- Must be able to wear personal protection equipment, such as earplugs, safety glasses, and safety shoes.
- Must be able to organize work and prioritize tasks.
- Must maintain the highest levels of confidentiality.
- Must work well with all customers, internal and external.
- Must be able to work 45 hours per week, however, schedule may be adjusted according to business and operational needs.
- Must be able to work holidays and weekends when necessary.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or be able to comply with U.S. export regulations.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE / EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience required.
- 1 – 2 Years payroll experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with BaaN system is a plus.
- Experience with ADP or other computerized payroll systems preferred.
In return for your contributions, Oberg Industries offers a competitive compensation and benefit package.