Oberg Industries Employee Reviews

a good company to work for.
CNC MACHINIST (Current Employee) –  Freeport, PAJuly 5, 2017
A good company to work for, but does have long hours, over 50 a week. Good clean shop with a lot of new machines. Have to clean orderly and paper work is a must.
Pros
clean shop
Cons
very long hours
Over worked and under paid
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Sarver, PAJune 27, 2017
Was not to bad of a place to work about 15+ years ago but now your just a number! It don't matter want you did or do for this management team, they want more. They tell you that you make a good wage, but that's only after you put in 60+ hours a week! Unless your a kiss a.. this company is for you! A lot of the employees are back stabbing people! YOU ARE JUST A PAWN THAT THEY WILL LET GO AT ANYTIME THEY CHOOSE NO MATTER HOW MANY YEARS YOU WORK FOR THEM!
Cons
Short breaks and overworked
Dead end job with a shotty management team
Medical (Former Employee) –  Freeport, PAJune 13, 2017
Had worked there over 10 years until i was abruptly fired.It used to be a nice place to work in the beginning, but management has ruined that place. Hard work gets you no where, unless youre a kiss a!! or play golf/ride bikes, dont waste your time, youll never advance. They expect you to work 7 days a week, and treat you badly if you do not. Benefits are good. This place was a "job"....not a career that i was led on to believe.
Pros
benifits
Cons
back stabbing, 20 min break, being a pawn
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Freeport, PAApril 5, 2017
My typical day was to inspect parts in the medical division. I learned a lot about the medical field and about quality control. The hardest part of the job is the long hours.
Very Nice company
Wire Operator (Current Employee) –  Sarver, PAJanuary 25, 2017
Good company to work for, they do lots for the employees. Family to work time could be improved they ask you to work long hour and weekends as well.
Pros
good treatment and atmosphere
Cons
long hours short weekends
Great Company, Great People, Finding its Path to Excellence
Annonymous (Current Employee) –  Freeport, PASeptember 8, 2016
A medium-sized organization with extremely talented employees, true artisans in the realm of precision machining. The company seems poised to grow but needs to deal with management issues first.
No Job Security
Corporate Buyer (Former Employee) –  Freeport, PASeptember 6, 2016
- Multiple people laid off for having 20+ years in
- Long days 10+ hours a day
- 50+ hour work weeks
- Short lunch break
- Co-Workers were great
- Hardest part of the job is the long hours
- Most enjoyable part of the job is the co-workers
Cons
20 Minute lunches for 10 hour day - no other breaks
It's a great place to work
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Freeport, PAMarch 16, 2016
I enjoyed my six month assignment with the company. Everyone in the accounting department were especially friendly and helpful.

The other departments were always willing to help and answer any questions I had.

Wish it would have been a permanent position
Pros
paid lunches and casual atmosphere
Cons
wasn't a permanent postion
Slave labor
CNC Specialist (Current Employee) –  Freeport, PAMarch 11, 2016
Ten hour days, five days a week. and still want more
They don't like energetic out going people.
Its very top heavy company, too many skilled people getting remove to be in a management position.
They promise lots of stuff to get you in the door, but once there they say they cant promise anything.
a typical day
Apprentice grinder (Former Employee) –  Freeport, PANovember 4, 2015
started at 6 am every day 5 days a week. worked until 4pm every day. I received no breaks and only time I was allowed to sit down was during my 20 minute lunch break. there was minor supervision and about every couple of hours my directing supervisor would come to check on my grinding progress. I was instructed to grind parallels to be precisely the same both in the first and second dimensions. accomplishing said by getting flatness and parralelity down to within a half of a ten thousandth of an inch. in doing so I used and indicator to check for flatness and to make sure that my work piece didnt bow or twist.
benefits
Cons
no breaks 20 minute lunch
Diverse market segments and divisions to engage in
Business Unit Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, PAOctober 26, 2015
Employees are treated as people - not a number. Management, including executive management are accessible and participate in day to day activities.
Pros
Always busy, still treated like a family run business
Cons
Slow to adopt work/life balance, technology and seem to prefer to live in a fire-fight environment.
no training plan in place for new hires
cnc specialist (Current Employee) –  FreeportMay 31, 2015
Unless you are a apprentice or graduate from there apprenticeship don't bother applying. I'm a cnc specialist there I've been treated very badly by supervision. They want people that are plug and play. I've only been with the company 1.5 months. I've had my job threatened twice for not progressing in my training or lack thereof. Also I'm a vet who has to go to the VA for treatment they threatened my job because of that also. Do not expect to be trained at this company !!! They offer vacation but really don't want you to use it. They don't buy vacation back at the end of the year if not used.
Pros
medical
Cons
20 minute lunch, not a family friendly company.
Very mature work environment
Tooling Inventory Manager (Current Employee) –  Freeport, PAApril 15, 2015
The staff is fantastic. Mature, Professional, Helpful.. It has been easy to learn a new career because of the great people that work at Oberg
Pros
Fantastic co workers
Cons
Work Life balance a little off. Long days.
productive
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Freeport, PAJanuary 21, 2013
I learned alot about the manufacturing process, good coworkers, good hours and management
Pros
efficent
Cons
it was only and intern
Good place to work.
Precision Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Sarver, Pa.July 19, 2012
I like my job and the company that I work for and I am very grateful to work for a company with such a great history in the buisness. However I am looking for something in this field that pays a little more.
Clean and regimented type of sweat shop with excellent benefits
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Silverville Road FreeportMarch 12, 2012
The work was intensive with 10 to 12 hr work days with only a twenty minute break for lunch. Production workers ate at their tool & die machines which were kept spotless. If you were five minutes late you were docked half hour even if you worked overtime.
Pros
people were very nice and respectful, excellent pay and benefits
Cons
20 minute lunch and long work hours