OBERLIN COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Diverse Enviroment with tons of opportunity to grow
Coordinator (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHMarch 6, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule and benefits
Each day was different. I worked with many diverse clients on and off campus. I worked with almost every department on campus and was able to build strong, long lasting relationships.

The hardest thing about the job was basically working two jobs for the price and in the hours of one. I was the first person in the newly created job and there was a lot of growing pains.

I really enjoyed the flexibility of the schedule and the ability to revamp two departments. I learned a lot on the job.
Best Job ever, but looking for more
First Cook (Current Employee), Oberlin, OHFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits, steady work schedule
Cons: lack of growth potential
I have reached the pinnacle of my growth at Oberlin College. Because I work in a union shop (UAW) my growth is limited and I would prefer to parlay my experience into a job which would challenge me and allow me to move forward in my career.
My benefits are outstanding, but my wife is an aspiring teacher who currently works in a charter school in a struggling district. Because of the state of Oregon's commitment to funding all day kindergarten, there will be many jobs in the near future for early childhood education teachers.
I feel I am highly qualified to move into management and use my on the job experience to contribute to a food service operation.
Great place
Office of the Student Treasurer (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHOctober 22, 2014
I ran the OST and hired my own staff. Reviewed student expenditures and helped to authorize chartered budgets.
Departmental Secretary Biology (Current Employee), Wellington, OHSeptember 23, 2014
Benefits and work associates are fabulous. Have worked here 21 years. Am in a union and have job security
Fun place to work
Operations Assistant (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHAugust 12, 2014
Pros: housing provided
Cons: low pay
Boss made it easy to learn so that I could get things done while he was on vacation.
Enjoyable environment with little room for professional growth
Major Gifts Officer (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHJune 11, 2014
The people, culture and processes are all fine. The opportunity to grow from within can be difficult unless someone retires or leaves for another institution.
Interesting people to work with
Administrative Secretary I (Current Employee), Oberlin, OHMarch 19, 2014
Pros: 5 free meals/week, meet interesting people
Cons: oppressive work atmosphere, difficult boss
The College has been a unique place to work in that I have met such a large diversity of people from all walks of life and many different countries.

It has been an education in and of itself.
Seems like a good site just waiting for a chance to prove myself to these employers
Awake N' Bake Custom Candy Cookie Concierge (Current Employee), Oberlin, OHOctober 30, 2013
Bake and deliver cookies around Oberlin city and Oberlin college
Fun workplace with the college students
Cafeteria Worker (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHJune 27, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I worked serving the college students meals. I worked either on the sandwiches or salads or sometimes I worked the smoothie stand. I enjoyed making smoothies and learning all kinds of different sandwiches.
Great place to grow and learn - long hours but workplace flexibility
Project Researcher/Public Programs Assistant (Current Employee), Oberlin, OHApril 30, 2013
Oberlin requires a living to work perspective.

Oberlin also provides lots and lots of free resources and benefits.
Great workplace
Assistant baseball coach (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHApril 10, 2013
Great environment, people, and team which enables one to display there potential.
Busy medical office with excellent staff
Medical Office Assistant, Student Health Services (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHDecember 4, 2012
Pros: great staff, flexible schedule, excellent experience
Working at the Office of Student Health was perfect for me, as a pre-medical student. I helped triage patients, prepped medical charts and screened the medical histories of all incoming freshmen for enrollment. The medical staff was excellent - we were like a family and enjoyed working together.
Great College, athletics low on the priority scale
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee), Oberlin CollegeNovember 27, 2012
Pros: learning experience
Cons: poor compensation, no meals provided, no support from admissions
I learned a lot of valuable lessons working for Oberlin College. In the end, I felt the entire sports department is vastly under compensated.
Good working wit students.
Dishwasher (Current Employee), Oberlin, OHOctober 7, 2012
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me is going to be very productive.Listen to all my instructions and make sure u all my duties of the day are finish.Make sure respect all co-workers and keep good commucation skill.The most hardest part of day is at the end of the day.My favorite part of the day is when I can go home and relax...
Great Job!
Director of Public Programs (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHJuly 13, 2012
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: long hours
This was my dream job! I worked with great people and learned a lot about Development.
all went well
faculty in residence, cultural center (Current Employee), ohioMarch 8, 2012
Pros: so far so good
all is well. I enjoy my position but I need to make more money.