Océ Employee Reviews

Was mainly a 'boonie' tech on my own.
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 26, 2017
Management was based out of state and was rather lock stepped, wanted you to be at your first call at 8:30 am period. Did not matter to them if it was a 2 and 1/2 hour drive one way. Then they would come down on you if you did not take a call after 4:00 pm.
Productive and usefull
Mail Room Associate (Osr1 Lead) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 19, 2017
This experience has been very helpful to me and I believe the experience will help place me in a growth oriented company that will provide room for advancement. I would recommend this process to anyone that may need help with there job search.
leaves a lot to be disred
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2017
in a word oce leaves a lot to be desired currently has few openings in metro Detroit needs to emphasize more managed services than document management
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
no overtime no bonuses
Site and Southern Region Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 20, 2017
Provided steady work. Pay was sub standard to other like companies. Very limited on growth and upward career movement. Great if looking for day time first shift hours.
Pros
Staedy
Cons
Micromanagement
Sold to Cannon Group
Sr Acct Exe, Graphic Arts, Prod. Printing Systems (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2017
Oce North America Incorporated was sold to the Cannon Group back in 2009 During my time there I enjoyed the work environment and my co-workers. I worked out of the midtown office in Manhattan.
Pros
Car and bonus
Cons
company was sold
Phone center
Inside Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILMarch 1, 2017
Sold paper to print shops. All calls were timed and you needed to make your quota per day.Some company outings were done each year to keep moral up.
Ok
Reprographics Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCFebruary 21, 2017
It was OK working with Oce', an outsourcing company. The benefit were alright. Not much advancement. I was located in a convenient area of the city.
No balance
Shipping Clerk/Client Service Rep (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2017
When this company took over our department. The productivity went down and management had no concern for the employee. Management had no regard for any kind of structure.
Pros
You had a job.
Cons
No opportunities for growth, no raises, horrible benefits
Team enviroment
Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAFebruary 6, 2017
Working in an outside sales position was fun since you weren't in an office all day. The workplace culture was competitive, however, even though everyone wanted to meet or exceed their personal goals we were willing to help each other to reach those goals and work as a team.
Very relaxed atmosphere
Branch Facilitator/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2017
I was very fortunate to have a wonderful branch manager and although the sales team was sometimes immature we managed to be successful.
Pros
Able to work with little to no supervision, able to make your own schedule
Best Capital Equipment In The Business
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 20, 2017
Oce was very respected in the capital equipment business. Those machined never needed servicing. This position was very interesting from my other sales positions. I could only manage 24 accounts. The Company wanted to gain access to these (24) key national accounts. Lots of playing golf, lunches, and negotiating preferred vendor contracts. The only way you got in the door was through perseverance and being creative. The hardest part was consistently handing (24) accounts. Very good culture here.
Pros
Good Products
Cons
Couldn't build a pipeline
Fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 16, 2016
Meter the mail, bag it for the drivers to pick up at the end of the night, it was 6 of use we all got along great. nothing hard about this job. Enjoy beening around a good work inviroment. And to this day we still go out.
Great Place to work
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 15, 2016
had I great time working for oce business services and learned new things so fill my resume. now I have more friends that when I started working for oce and experienced new things.
Fun place to work.
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2016
Good place to work. Not very competitive salary but a very fun place to work and good people to work for. There is a lot of driving involved here as which is the case in any outside sales position.
Fun, Fast paced
Branch Manager - Major Account Division (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2016
Oce was a great company.
It was a European company that brought a strong culture to the USA
Everything was highly professional and the people we hired sere great as what we did
I left shortly after they were purchased by Canon USA
Pros
Quality organization
Great job
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 17, 2016
Canon is customer focused. I enjoyed working there, although my job was terminated due to relocation. I worked there for many years and really enjoyed working with customers and sales reps on a daily basis.
Used to be a great place
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 7, 2016
European company that sold its FM division to a competitor that wanted to get into the field, hence this division that was once efficient and effective became top heavy with management and created replications resulting in lay offs of those with tenure.
Pros
European management structure
Cons
Was sold
Good workplace and great work ethics
Digital Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande Valley, TXAugust 3, 2016
Loved working with the company and coworkers. Benefits,401k, mileage and reimbursements helped to make employment even more enjoyable. Worked remote area which allowed opportunity for self management opportunities.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Commute times
Worked closely with many lawyers and learned a lot doing it
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 20, 2016
I would be the first person in the office and setting up for the day. i learned so much from my co-workers and because of it picked up the work very quickly. The hardest part for me was that i am not the best with direction and in the beginning would get lost finding certain establishments. I enjoyed working downtown and taking the train directly to work each morning.
Pros
the people i worked with
Cons
would have liked higher pay
Productive and Interesting Place To Work
Customer Communications Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 19, 2016
Oce North America was a company that offered job security and decent pay. Great coworkers, and a comfortable work environment were the best benefits to working at Oce.
Pros
Great coworkers and pay
Cons
No flexibility on work hours. No work from home possibility.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Océ. Our community is ready to answer.