Ocean Air Enterprises, Inc.
Job Title: RECEPTIONIST / ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Main responsibility is to administrate the front office; welcome guest and should be fully aware of those entering and leaving the premises, be it employees or vendors. Operate telephone system; answer incoming calls and direct callers to appropriate personnel, briefly screening calls for efficiency. Greet all visitors/vendors, assist them accordingly and offer beverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of the call, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answers questions about our organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information WITH discretion and if necessary
- Welcomes on-site visitors, determines nature of business, and announces visitors to appropriate personnel.
- Requests all visitors to log in.
- Gives candidates application forms to fill out.
- Receives, sorts, and routes mail.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Creates Signs for retail locations
- Assist HR with day-to-day tasks
- Places office supply orders with the approval of supervisor
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Run errands (post office, lunch, etc.) for Upper Management and Owners when necessary
- Ensures office area is neat
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service – Responds promptly to visitor needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Listens to others without interrupting.
Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Adaptability/ Extremely Resourceful – Adapts to changes in the work environment and is DEFINITELY resourceful and faced with challenge. Finds various means in resolving and issue or gathering information for peers.
Attendance/Punctuality Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Reliability/Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Physical Demands Ability to sit for a long period at a time and lift a minimum of 25lbs
Education / Experience
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year in a professional office setting, with high volume of inbound calls. This individual must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and extreme savvy with web search.
This is a full time position Monday through Friday. Office hours are 8:30AM to 5PM.
Entry Level - $9/hr - 40 hours work week