Ocean Bank Employee Reviews

Bad experience
Teller (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 8, 2015
Ocean Bank is a local bank based out of Miami. While the experience my vary between the different branches, I did not enjoy my time with the bank. Minimal pay and a lot of work.
Ocean Bank...
Senior Teller (Current Employee), Miami, FLJune 10, 2015
Pros: Great employees, awesome parties, free gym, a lot of activities and opportunities to learn
Cons: Rude customers, working with money, old technology, underpaid
You never know what new situation you are going to come across every day. Some times it is crazy busy, other times it is completely dead boring.
atm dept
ATM Department (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 15, 2015
Great place to work for, good staff and very knowledgeable about work and friendly and professional with customer. great place for growth.
Sr. Compliance Analyst/Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLMay 11, 2015
Management overall adequate. Advancement opportunities are not provided often. Hardest part of the job was not having opportunity for advancement or cross training.
Project
AML Consultant (Current Employee), Miami , FLNovember 10, 2014
Pros: flex hours
Cons: nothing specific
Worked a short-term project for BSA Dept. I had very little interaction with any OB employees as we were working in a side office.
Fun place to work
Sr. Secretary Corporate Lending (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 6, 2014
Not that busy at all,spent most of the day doing nothing. Enjoyable environment
Family oriented environment
Account Manager, Vice President (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: excellent 401k
Cons: a lot of paper work for know your customer.
Ocean Bank was a family oriented company, at the beginning with the management of Mr. Concepcion the Bank was fun to work, Officers were eager to go and get new customers, I learned to open all type of new accounts and I became a platform officer, through the years I became a Vice President and managed a portfolio of over $20,Millions.
Friendly work environment, professional.
Real Estate Closing Coordinator (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Ocean Bank was my first place of employment and it provided me with different learning experiences for the different departments I had the opportunity to be part of.
Family oriented workplace and caring for employees.
Cluster Branch Manager, Vice President (Former Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: bonus pays, employee annual parties.
Cons: discontinued saving plans matching.
In a typical day, I managed three cluster branches, focusing on outside business development, daily branch management, customer & employee issues, branch goal production initiatives, talent development, coaching, loan production & KYC overviews. Sometimes attending community events to represent the bank and also attending Leads Group such as a Chamber of Commerce meeting.

I learnt a lot about "Know Your Customer-KYC" insights and a bit about the Hispanic culture.

My management style is hands-on. I was actively involved in being abreast with the state of my branches; balancing them without being – more... a micro manager. I do constant coaching & role-plays, believing that a trained customer-focused staff means happier-loyal customers' and better cross-sales opportunities to make production goals more attainable.

I foster collaborations with various internal customers in the bank (my co-workers) which results in the ability to get things done quicker and learn from one another.

The hardest part of the job was having to re-key KYC information that was previously inputted in the computer due to outdated software issues.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people.(i) It begins by training and developing staff talent and seeing them develop to the point that they build up confidence and make cross sales and achieved goals. (ii) The second corresponding part is helping customers' save money by offering alternate financial options thus saving them money and giving them piece of mind. – less
Good place to work, learn, and interact with different people
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Weston, FLJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: low pay and no benefits offered
I really liked the working environment here. Managers were very professional, flexible, and instructional which help me be a knowledgeable and productive employee. My co-workers were great and we worked as a team.
Fun excellent clientele
Teller New Accounts (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 16, 2013
Pros: free yearly parking
Cons: over night shitf
Typical day at work is a fun and busy environment with positive remarks. On a daily basis I learn to help all types of different clientele with concerns and help solving all issues. My co workers are awesomw to work with, and the most enjoyable part is to be able to assist all customers with pleasure.
Small bank with great customers.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 25, 2013
Learned how to make basic transactions like deposits and check cashing. Dealt with big commercial deposits through drive thru.
Considerable employer
Account and Loan Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 30, 2013
Pros: provides college education paid for, benefits.
Cons: salary increase
Respects it employees, helps them, promotes them as needed.
I love to help customers
Vice-President (Former Employee), Hialeah, FLAugust 24, 2012
Pros: salary and benefits.
The most important part of my job was to increase bank profit and to follow all rules and regulations.
I like to work as a team.

October 16, 2012

Hi Mr my name is Jorge, i would love to know in some tips in how i can get into the Ocean Bank staffin? It is totally fine if i start at the bottom, i have very big expectations for my self, i am very self motivated, and working with banks is actually my career persuit. And i would love to have some help from some one like you. Thank you.

You are not a number... You're family.
Secretary II (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 21, 2012
Pros: 401k, medical benefit, paid vacations and bonus.
I started working for Ocean Bank when I was 19 almost right off High school. I grow up there 17 years is a lot. Ocean Bank was like my second home. I met so many wonderful people that help me grow through the years. I spend my best years working for them and Ocean Bank made you feel as part of a big family.