OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE

OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE Employer Reviews

The best job I've ever had
Student worker (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJune 30, 2014
Pros: the amazing staff
Cons: i couldn't work there after graduating from the college
My daily tasks were to answer the phones, taking messages, receiving voicemails and direct them to the appropriate persons. Greet the incoming students or staff members and to inform our staff when vistors arrive. The hardest part of the job was when someone left the office with a negative experience. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. – more... I worked in a part of the College where the Career Center is; One of the many resources they have is job offers and when the people who came back and told us of the jobs they were hired for. – less
Unstable future direction
Manager of Warehouse (Current Employee), Toms River, NJMay 2, 2014
Pros: good benefit package
Cons: low compensation, lack of direction, constant restructuring
Ocean County College has been restructuring for several years and plans to continue restructuring for the next few years.
Nice employees, kept me busy, was not always sitting at work
Student Worker (Former Employee), Toms River, NJMarch 13, 2014
Pros: i would sometimes get free lunches because some others ordered food for the department.
Cons: same work everyday, very monotonous.
A typical day at work was sorting papers, making files and filing files. At this job I learned how to input information for the Nurse's program in the the college program on the computer, along with other information for each student. As I worked there, I found new ways to make some jobs easier and/or quicker to finish.
Since I was only a student worker, – more... I did not have set hours, I came in and worked when I could, which I did every Tuesday and Fridays during my second semester, and every Monday and Thursdays during my third semester and occasionally on Wednesdays. During winter break I would work Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
The employees who worked there were very nice and I could easily talk to them and ask them questions about anything I might need help with.
There was no hard part of this job. An enjoyable part of this job, they full-time employees often brought in food that we could snack on during the day. I worked in a single department of the college, in the Records and Registration department, so it was the department's employees that would plan little "parties" for the different occasions, whether it be a holiday or someone's birthday. – less
Federal work study
Orientation/Student Life Office/Paraprofessional (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: working on campus, around your class schedule.
Cons: be prepared to pucker up.
You must be a student receiving financial aid. Bosses are lazy, but nice to your face (we'll leave it at that). The clients are students who are involved in clubs, so they are usually very nice.
Ocean county College
Student (Former Employee), toms river njDecember 14, 2013
I went to school briefly here . I enjoyed learning about Psychology, and western civilization.
Fun and Productive
Administrative Assistant for Director (Former Employee), Manahawkin, NJNovember 17, 2013
Pros: educational experience
Assistant to the Director, who was wonderful. Each day was a fun filled day with much to do. Favorite part of the position was setting up Gala events and counseling students with the educational goals.
Very friendly atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Toms River, NJAugust 15, 2013
I enjoyed working at OCC. I was lucky enough to assigned a reserve administrative assistant position that lasted for a year. Unfornately, due to cut-backs at the college, I did not get the position permanently. I still do however reserve at the college bookstore and love it.
Great place
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee), Toms River, NJJune 19, 2013
I like this job, great faculty, great place to work......................................................
Very good place to work
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR JANITORIAL DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), Ocean, NJJanuary 23, 2013
The work was never hard. Always help available. Good people to work with. Management when I was there was very understanding.
My Department made significant contributions to the community and local businesses.
Coordinator of Customized Training (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: pleasant working conditions and schedule
During my 10+ years at OCC, I enjoyed the work and the programs we were able to offer the non traditional student. I was given the position of coordinating all aspects of training for businesses in Ocean County as well as the Senior programs. I was very happy and productive at my job.
Satisfying, professional and fun teaching environment
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee), Township of Brick, NJJuly 10, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: no room for advancement
As a clinical skill labs instructor for the paramedic program I was truly encouraged to teach students to their full potential. My co-workers and managers worked as a team and always put the students first. The best part of this job was watch students succeed and go to and pass boards. The worst part was when students failed boards.
Loved working for OCC
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee), Toms River, NJJune 4, 2012
Pros: really enjoy working in academics
Cons: pay was not the greatest, in a very high cost of living state.
Great place to work! Wonderful location! Good benefits and really nice people. Learned a great deal that I have been able to use and will continue to use in my future employments.
Friendly and flexible work atmosphere.
New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee), Toms River, NJMay 31, 2012
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short shifts, not good if looking for full-time work
I work at OCC for several years and always looked forward to going there. My fellow co-workers were always fun to be around and the people in charge of schedules and events are flexible with schedules and easy-going.
Not a Quality Institution
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee), Toms River, NJMay 30, 2012
Cons: too many to list!
This is not the place to find a quality education or teaching position, for it is filled with leadership of the lowest level. There is no equity between faculty members and administrators, as the old adage of "Do as I say, not as I do" applies to this institution. Lies and deceit flow as easily in the halls of this place as water under a bridge, so – more... my advice is to steer clear of this college and find a more ethical, moral, and professionally run institution of higher learning. – less
Very nice work enviorment
Reservist Accounting Clerk, Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Toms River, NJApril 16, 2012
The College was willing to work around my schedule for schooling.

Joaquin – May 30, 2012

This is not an accurate accounting of this place. If you really want to learn about any organization, you must learn it from those who truly know what is going on behind the scenes. Of course, the college is willing to work with students, because they want your money. What you get in return is nothing short of an extension of a high school education - not a college level one! There is more than meets the eye at this place, so stay away and go to a more reputable college or university.