OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 14, 2016
You are responsible for guiding students in the funding of their education. You are interacting with students on a daily basis. I enjoy working with my co-workers, however; the atmosphere and attitude in upper management is very political and cliquish.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Federal Work Study
Fine Arts Department - Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJFebruary 19, 2016
Because I am a student worker I do not receive benefits personally, however my coworkers say that they do offer great benefits. As a box office cashier I do see many different cultural performances and the management is friendly to work with. Balancing your schedule is easy, management is very understanding as long as you are reasonable.
Cons
Mixed message to students and employees
Online Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ocean County, NJApril 9, 2016
Adjunct online professors not very involved with students or understanding of the difficulties involved in completing the assigned work. Poor contact with students puts the rest of the OCC staff in challenging situations when trying to encourage students to work to their full potential.
Pros
Great online opportunities for working students, Many avenues to continue with education to earn advanced degree
Cons
Weak support of students and few resources to offer them help when they struggle
Fun workplace
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 31, 2016
Typical work day would be started early ,I would handle all business needed at the front desk . Help with filing , any other office work and phone calls . Once every thing was completed I would help out others with other tasks and from being so busy during the day ,my work days always flew by. I enjoyed each day .
Pros
Co workers had great attitudes
Productive 20 year career in educational support facility.
Information Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 10, 2014
Began as file clerk. Advanced to principal clerk then to administrative assistant and then to resource technician and administrator of School Dude Program.
Pros
Good benefits-complete package of benefits. Good work environment.
Loved working for OCC
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 4, 2012
Great place to work! Wonderful location! Good benefits and really nice people. Learned a great deal that I have been able to use and will continue to use in my future employments.
Pros
really enjoy working in academics
Cons
pay was not the greatest, in a very high cost of living state.
Unstable future direction
Manager of Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 2, 2014
Ocean County College has been restructuring for several years and plans to continue restructuring for the next few years.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
low compensation, lack of direction, constant restructuring
This was my college
Student (Former Employee) –  Toms River New JerseyJanuary 10, 2016
This was my college, and indeed is reading it as a job for some odd reason.

I received my Associates in Business at this college.
Great Opportunity for a student worker
Ocean County College Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 12, 2015
I am a student working as an Orientation Leader / Student Recruiter at OCC and it is an amazing opportunity. Great bosses who give you proper training and information as well as leniency if there is an emergency. Being a student worker I got to choose my hours! I learned a lot with public speaking due to giving tours as well as a maintaining a good grasp on the online system to help students apply for classes and get ready for their college career.
Pros
great bosses, thorough training, leniency, great schedule
Cons
paperwork
The best job I've ever had
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 30, 2014
My daily tasks were to answer the phones, taking messages, receiving voicemails and direct them to the appropriate persons. Greet the incoming students or staff members and to inform our staff when vistors arrive. The hardest part of the job was when someone left the office with a negative experience. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. I worked in a part of the College where the Career Center is; One of the many resources they have is job offers and when the people who came back and told us of the jobs they were hired for.
Pros
The amazing staff
Cons
I couldn't work there after graduating from the College
Professional Organization
Adjunct Clinical Professor (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 11, 2015
Provide nursing instruction to senior nursing students at clinical sites throughout the area. Supportive of staff and students.
Interned - Counseling Services
Intern, Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 13, 2015
I was lucky enough to intern in student services over the spring of 2015. These are a great group of people who truly care about the students at Ocean County College. I was sad when the internship ended and hope to find an opening soon. Very positive work environment!
Pros
Positive work environment with a knowledgable group of people.
not bad working here if you are fulltime
Managerial Technician (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 22, 2015
also working short hand in Registration and Record. Been working here a some year waiting for a full time position. I started out at OCC as a student in 2005.
Pros
when are part time you get nothing
Wonderful enviornment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 11, 2014
A typical day at work would be me walking on campus in any type of weather and patrolling to make sure that everyone was safe.
I learned how to deal with stressful situations and how to do many tasks at once.
Management was good. They had everything under control.
My co workers were very focused and good people.
The hardest part of the job was walking for 8 to 12 hours a day, but I enjoyed it.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others.
Satisfying, professional and fun teaching environment
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJuly 10, 2012
As a clinical skill labs instructor for the paramedic program I was truly encouraged to teach students to their full potential. My co-workers and managers worked as a team and always put the students first. The best part of this job was watch students succeed and go to and pass boards. The worst part was when students failed boards.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement
Focused on students.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toms RiverMay 31, 2013
Ocean County College, like many community colleges, focuses on the niche student - one who may not have the finances to attend a "big box" four year college but who is still committed to higher education. Students are often more focused than their four-year counterparts, and many of the students are "second lifers," who are retooling themselves for today's world.
Pros
convenience and cost
Cons
many courses are only offered on the main campus, disenfranchising those students who cannot, or who wish not to, travel 30 miles for a class.
Not a Quality Institution
Adjunct Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 30, 2012
This is not the place to find a quality education or teaching position, for it is filled with leadership of the lowest level. There is no equity between faculty members and administrators, as the old adage of "Do as I say, not as I do" applies to this institution. Lies and deceit flow as easily in the halls of this place as water under a bridge, so my advice is to steer clear of this college and find a more ethical, moral, and professionally run institution of higher learning.
Cons
too many to list!
Excellent work place, educational culture
Adjunct Professor, Science (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 21, 2015
I absolutely LOVE teaching college students. It truly has opened up a door of opportunities and inspirations for me. I found another passion in my life!
My Department made significant contributions to the community and local businesses.
Coordinator of Customized Training (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 22, 2013
During my 10+ years at OCC, I enjoyed the work and the programs we were able to offer the non traditional student. I was given the position of coordinating all aspects of training for businesses in Ocean County as well as the Senior programs. I was very happy and productive at my job.
Pros
pleasant working conditions and schedule
Friendly and flexible work atmosphere.
New Student Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 31, 2012
I work at OCC for several years and always looked forward to going there. My fellow co-workers were always fun to be around and the people in charge of schedules and events are flexible with schedules and easy-going.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short shifts, not good if looking for full-time work

4.2