OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Great Workplace professional and Compassioniate Individuals
Continuing Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 3, 2017
Everyone who works at Ocean County College has one goal to help improve the students experience. Professors go out of their way to assist students to excel in the courses they take. Support personal know the various aspects of the college and most have a shared experience going through the process themselves. Professionalism is the main focus at the College to help support the community both on and off the campus. If you have a question they will do their best to guide you to the correct path that can provide the answer.
Family
Master Electrician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJApril 30, 2017
Working at Ocean County College in the Gruinn Center of Arts is great environment to work in.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with a family as we know and worked with each other for over 5o years counting.
Great place to work if you have competent managers.
Equipment, Inventory, and Postal Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJ 08754April 15, 2017
Poor managers make for a poor work environment. They lost a good worker. I would have stayed if the management was better. I pride myself in doing a good job.
Pros
Loved my job
Cons
As stated above

Comment – April 16, 2017

When your management says they will do something is one thing. It's not worth a thing if they don't do it. Seeing so many things that are wrong are so demeaning to anyone who just wants to do the right thing. After more than eleven years and a promotion, I just had to walk away. Not what I wanted to do but satisfied I made the right choice.

Provided excellent training in custo er service.
Panzonesb (Former Employee) –  Beach Haven, NJApril 2, 2017
I basically jumped in where I was needed whether it was cashiering, waitressing or hostessing. The boss provided training in customer service thru disney.
Easy going job
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 30, 2017
It was a very relaxing job, even though there were a large flux of problems from time to time it would still be an easy going job. For any one looking into getting a job with OCC go for it.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Upper management does not listen to you about things that need to be done
Great professors and class scheduling.
Student (Former Employee) –  AssociatesFebruary 16, 2017
I attended this school for purposes related to nursing. I took many biology, anatomy and psychology courses and thoroughly enjoyed them. Rough at times, as school should be, I was still able to sincerely enjoy my studies here.
Pros
Nice, open campus. Huge library and many helpful resources.
Productive and fun
Financial Aid Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 14, 2016
You are responsible for guiding students in the funding of their education. You are interacting with students on a daily basis. I enjoy working with my co-workers, however; the atmosphere and attitude in upper management is very political and cliquish.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no room for advancement
Fun workplace
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 31, 2016
Typical work day would be started early ,I would handle all business needed at the front desk . Help with filing , any other office work and phone calls . Once every thing was completed I would help out others with other tasks and from being so busy during the day ,my work days always flew by. I enjoyed each day .
Pros
Co workers had great attitudes
Mixed message to students and employees
Online Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ocean County, NJApril 9, 2016
Adjunct online professors not very involved with students or understanding of the difficulties involved in completing the assigned work. Poor contact with students puts the rest of the OCC staff in challenging situations when trying to encourage students to work to their full potential.
Pros
Great online opportunities for working students, Many avenues to continue with education to earn advanced degree
Cons
Weak support of students and few resources to offer them help when they struggle
Federal Work Study
Fine Arts Department - Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJFebruary 19, 2016
Because I am a student worker I do not receive benefits personally, however my coworkers say that they do offer great benefits. As a box office cashier I do see many different cultural performances and the management is friendly to work with. Balancing your schedule is easy, management is very understanding as long as you are reasonable.
This was my college
Student (Former Employee) –  Toms River New JerseyJanuary 10, 2016
This was my college, and indeed is reading it as a job for some odd reason.

I received my Associates in Business at this college.
Professional Organization
Adjunct Clinical Professor (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 11, 2015
Provide nursing instruction to senior nursing students at clinical sites throughout the area. Supportive of staff and students.
not bad working here if you are fulltime
Managerial Technician (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 22, 2015
also working short hand in Registration and Record. Been working here a some year waiting for a full time position. I started out at OCC as a student in 2005.
Pros
when are part time you get nothing
Interned - Counseling Services
Intern, Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 13, 2015
I was lucky enough to intern in student services over the spring of 2015. These are a great group of people who truly care about the students at Ocean County College. I was sad when the internship ended and hope to find an opening soon. Very positive work environment!
Pros
Positive work environment with a knowledgable group of people.
Excellent work place, educational culture
Adjunct Professor, Science (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 21, 2015
I absolutely LOVE teaching college students. It truly has opened up a door of opportunities and inspirations for me. I found another passion in my life!
Great Opportunity for a student worker
Ocean County College Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 12, 2015
I am a student working as an Orientation Leader / Student Recruiter at OCC and it is an amazing opportunity. Great bosses who give you proper training and information as well as leniency if there is an emergency. Being a student worker I got to choose my hours! I learned a lot with public speaking due to giving tours as well as a maintaining a good grasp on the online system to help students apply for classes and get ready for their college career.
Pros
great bosses, thorough training, leniency, great schedule
Cons
paperwork
Productive 20 year career in educational support facility.
Information Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 10, 2014
Began as file clerk. Advanced to principal clerk then to administrative assistant and then to resource technician and administrator of School Dude Program.
Pros
Good benefits-complete package of benefits. Good work environment.
Wonderful enviornment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 11, 2014
A typical day at work would be me walking on campus in any type of weather and patrolling to make sure that everyone was safe.
I learned how to deal with stressful situations and how to do many tasks at once.
Management was good. They had everything under control.
My co workers were very focused and good people.
The hardest part of the job was walking for 8 to 12 hours a day, but I enjoyed it.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others.
Unstable future direction
Manager of Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 2, 2014
Ocean County College has been restructuring for several years and plans to continue restructuring for the next few years.
Pros
Good benefit package
Cons
low compensation, lack of direction, constant restructuring
Nice employees, kept me busy, was not always sitting at work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 13, 2014
A typical day at work was sorting papers, making files and filing files. At this job I learned how to input information for the Nurse's program in the the college program on the computer, along with other information for each student. As I worked there, I found new ways to make some jobs easier and/or quicker to finish.
Since I was only a student worker, I did not have set hours, I came in and worked when I could, which I did every Tuesday and Fridays during my second semester, and every Monday and Thursdays during my third semester and occasionally on Wednesdays. During winter break I would work Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
The employees who worked there were very nice and I could easily talk to them and ask them questions about anything I might need help with.
There was no hard part of this job. An enjoyable part of this job, they full-time employees often brought in food that we could snack on during the day. I worked in a single department of the college, in the Records and Registration department, so it was the department's employees that would plan little "parties" for the different occasions, whether it be a holiday or someone's birthday.
Pros
I would sometimes get free lunches because some others ordered food for the department.
Cons
Same work everyday, very monotonous.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3