OCEAN COUNTY COLLEGE Employee Reviews in United States

Fun workplace
Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 31, 2016
Typical work day would be started early ,I would handle all business needed at the front desk . Help with filing , any other office work and phone calls . Once every thing was completed I would help out others with other tasks and from being so busy during the day ,my work days always flew by. I enjoyed each day .
Pros
Co workers had great attitudes
Mixed message to students and employees
Online Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ocean County, NJApril 9, 2016
Adjunct online professors not very involved with students or understanding of the difficulties involved in completing the assigned work. Poor contact with students puts the rest of the OCC staff in challenging situations when trying to encourage students to work to their full potential.
Pros
Great online opportunities for working students, Many avenues to continue with education to earn advanced degree
Cons
Weak support of students and few resources to offer them help when they struggle
Federal Work Study
Fine Arts Department - Box Office Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, NJFebruary 19, 2016
Because I am a student worker I do not receive benefits personally, however my coworkers say that they do offer great benefits. As a box office cashier I do see many different cultural performances and the management is friendly to work with. Balancing your schedule is easy, management is very understanding as long as you are reasonable.
This was my college
Student (Former Employee) –  Toms River New JerseyJanuary 10, 2016
This was my college, and indeed is reading it as a job for some odd reason.

I received my Associates in Business at this college.
Professional Organization
Adjunct Clinical Professor (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 11, 2015
Provide nursing instruction to senior nursing students at clinical sites throughout the area. Supportive of staff and students.
not bad working here if you are fulltime
Managerial Technician (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 22, 2015
also working short hand in Registration and Record. Been working here a some year waiting for a full time position. I started out at OCC as a student in 2005.
Pros
when are part time you get nothing
Interned - Counseling Services
Intern, Student Support Services (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 13, 2015
I was lucky enough to intern in student services over the spring of 2015. These are a great group of people who truly care about the students at Ocean County College. I was sad when the internship ended and hope to find an opening soon. Very positive work environment!
Pros
Positive work environment with a knowledgable group of people.
Excellent work place, educational culture
Adjunct Professor, Science (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 21, 2015
I absolutely LOVE teaching college students. It truly has opened up a door of opportunities and inspirations for me. I found another passion in my life!
Great Opportunity for a student worker
Ocean County College Orientation Leader (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJFebruary 12, 2015
I am a student working as an Orientation Leader / Student Recruiter at OCC and it is an amazing opportunity. Great bosses who give you proper training and information as well as leniency if there is an emergency. Being a student worker I got to choose my hours! I learned a lot with public speaking due to giving tours as well as a maintaining a good grasp on the online system to help students apply for classes and get ready for their college career.
Pros
great bosses, thorough training, leniency, great schedule
Cons
paperwork
Productive 20 year career in educational support facility.
Information Resources Technician (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJNovember 10, 2014
Began as file clerk. Advanced to principal clerk then to administrative assistant and then to resource technician and administrator of School Dude Program.
Pros
good benefits-complete package of benefits. good work environment.
Wonderful enviornment
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJOctober 11, 2014
A typical day at work would be me walking on campus in any type of weather and patrolling to make sure that everyone was safe.
I learned how to deal with stressful situations and how to do many tasks at once.
Management was good. They had everything under control.
My co workers were very focused and good people.
The hardest part of the job was walking for 8 to 12 hours a day, but I enjoyed it.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping others.
The best job I've ever had
Student worker (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJune 30, 2014
My daily tasks were to answer the phones, taking messages, receiving voicemails and direct them to the appropriate persons. Greet the incoming students or staff members and to inform our staff when vistors arrive. The hardest part of the job was when someone left the office with a negative experience. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people. I worked in a part of the College where the Career Center is; One of the many resources they have is job offers and when the people who came back and told us of the jobs they were hired for.
Pros
the amazing staff
Cons
i couldn't work there after graduating from the college
Unstable future direction
Manager of Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 2, 2014
Ocean County College has been restructuring for several years and plans to continue restructuring for the next few years.
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
low compensation, lack of direction, constant restructuring
Nice employees, kept me busy, was not always sitting at work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMarch 13, 2014
A typical day at work was sorting papers, making files and filing files. At this job I learned how to input information for the Nurse's program in the the college program on the computer, along with other information for each student. As I worked there, I found new ways to make some jobs easier and/or quicker to finish.
Since I was only a student worker, I did not have set hours, I came in and worked when I could, which I did every Tuesday and Fridays during my second semester, and every Monday and Thursdays during my third semester and occasionally on Wednesdays. During winter break I would work Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
The employees who worked there were very nice and I could easily talk to them and ask them questions about anything I might need help with.
There was no hard part of this job. An enjoyable part of this job, they full-time employees often brought in food that we could snack on during the day. I worked in a single department of the college, in the Records and Registration department, so it was the department's employees that would plan little "parties" for the different occasions, whether it be a holiday or someone's birthday.
Pros
i would sometimes get free lunches because some others ordered food for the department.
Cons
same work everyday, very monotonous.
Federal work study
Orientation/Student Life Office/Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJJanuary 16, 2014
You must be a student receiving financial aid. Bosses are lazy, but nice to your face (we'll leave it at that). The clients are students who are involved in clubs, so they are usually very nice.
Pros
working on campus, around your class schedule.
Cons
be prepared to pucker up.
Ocean county College
Student (Former Employee) –  toms river njDecember 14, 2013
I went to school briefly here . I enjoyed learning about Psychology, and western civilization.
Fun and Productive
Administrative Assistant for Director (Former Employee) –  Manahawkin, NJNovember 17, 2013
Assistant to the Director, who was wonderful. Each day was a fun filled day with much to do. Favorite part of the position was setting up Gala events and counseling students with the educational goals.
Pros
educational experience
Very friendly atmosphere
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJAugust 15, 2013
I enjoyed working at OCC. I was lucky enough to assigned a reserve administrative assistant position that lasted for a year. Unfornately, due to cut-backs at the college, I did not get the position permanently. I still do however reserve at the college bookstore and love it.
Focused on students.
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toms RiverMay 31, 2013
Ocean County College, like many community colleges, focuses on the niche student - one who may not have the finances to attend a "big box" four year college but who is still committed to higher education. Students are often more focused than their four-year counterparts, and many of the students are "second lifers," who are retooling themselves for today's world.
Pros
convenience and cost
Cons
many courses are only offered on the main campus, disenfranchising those students who cannot, or who wish not to, travel 30 miles for a class.
Very good place to work
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR JANITORIAL DEPARTMENT (Former Employee) –  Ocean, NJJanuary 23, 2013
The work was never hard. Always help available. Good people to work with. Management when I was there was very understanding.

4.2