Ocean Dental Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Dental Hygienist Temp (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXNovember 7, 2017
A typical day at work would be fast paced. There are a lot if children who need to be seen. The employees are professional and treat all of their patients with care. The management is firm, but fair and the employees work well with each other. The hardest part of the job is seeing children with decay and poor oral hygiene. The most enjoyable part of the job is when you can educate them to improve their oral health and make the cleanings enjoyable, not scary.
Pros
Easygoing and friendly staff
Cons
May have to work overtime depending on patient load
Horrible place to work!!!
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 9, 2017
This place is seriously so terrible! The manager ojay is an idiot I got pretty much harassed/bullied everyday and nobody never did anything about it!
Cons
Terrible Work Environment!!!!
Patient scheduler "PSA" ocean dental
PSA (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 14, 2017
Awful experience, Not only do you have to stick to the script, they screen your calls. Too many different managers and I left after one month, Terrible.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
daily headache
Management made the company
Call Center Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 5, 2017
I only stayed with ocean as long as I did because of the great management. The company treats employees as if they are all replaceable, underpay and over work.
Job task were simple, great pay, was very depressing job environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 26, 2017
Even though the job itself was quite simple to complete it was a very depressing and horrible experience. Expectations were set to high to be met during the time frame given. In addition management did try to aid the ill environment. Eventually work became extremely dreadful and full of stress. They also were not flexible with one's schedule.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Stressful, depressing
Friendly dental & assistants & doctor!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Garnett, OKJune 12, 2017
Great place to start working if its your first time going in the dental field. They are so willing to help you advance and train you. Gets a little stressful at times, but worth it.
Compensation and benefits comparable to industry standards
Patient Accounts Manager (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKMay 25, 2017
Compensation and benefits are comparable to others in healthcare industry. Work hours are good with some positions requiring work on Saturdays but no night shifts.
I love working there
Dental Assistant/ EDDA (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 13, 2017
I love working where I am, I'm just looking for a second part time job. Its a fun place to work. I enjoy working with the children and my other co-workers.
A lot of fun and simple!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warr Acres, OKFebruary 23, 2017
I enjoyed my experience at Ocean Dental. Our staff was positive and seemed to thoroughly enjoy their jobs which I felt made each day a lot easier to get through.
Pros
The staff got along well for the most part.
Cons
The drive got to be too much.
Difficult job
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKFebruary 1, 2017
Basically I did the work of 2 people my entire employment. If it weren't for my practice manager and coworkers I'd have left a long time ago. Some of the hardest working women I know in that clinic and I respect the heck out of them for staying as long as they have. They dealt with more than I did!

Corporate is concerned only about numbers and how much you can make the company. Thus their high turnover. When your employees don't feel appreciated for the long hours they put into their work only to be told constantly what you did "wrong" then they feel a need to get out.

Benefits are okay but job security was lacking.
Pros
Hour lunch and closeness to my house.
Cons
It's a corporation.
Fun and enjoyable patients and staff.
Dental Assistant, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day is a constant flow of patients. What i learned most was how to work with all ages of children and being able to comfort them for procedures. Management was always willing to listen to employees needs and concerns. This office has a large number of staff. Some staff were able to work in any department to help out when needed. The hardest part of this job was convincing a difficult child patient that we were trying to help them. All staff were great and worked smoothly together.
Lost
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 9, 2017
Life was busy at Ocean Dental. Management and co workers tended to be grouchy. If you didn't have your call numbers up or enough appointments scheduled you would get wrote up
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
no actual breaks
overall great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 27, 2016
Wonderful Great place to work I cant say any thing bad about this company worked there for two years no problems amazing staff,you will be very happy working here
This place is TERRIBLE!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 8, 2016
This place is the absolute WORST place I have ever worked. They went as far as writing me up bc I had to go to the bathroom and they counted it as I wasnt using my time wisely. They do everything in a points system and if you have children or family they don't care what's going on as long as the phone calls are being made...The management is the solute worst management I have ever worked under in my entire life. If you have sick children that don't care about them. They want a doctors note for any and every time you are sick or your child is sick. It's all about the company and what they can do to run their employees off. Pretty sad that the time I worked there most offices didn't even have a dentist in them they were all sharing dentist and had to have dentist come from different offices just to treat patients. It won't be long until this company goes under and will have to close their doors.
Pros
Cons
pay, management, home office, the clinics in general
Fast Paced/Competitive Work Enviornment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of overseeing the scheduling of the representatives, Motivating reps to reach their Quality/Quantity goals and working with the leadership crew to make improvements to the ergonomics of the room.

I learned that it is important not too look for issues and let any issues that may arise come to you. By looking for issues you are only aggravating employees and causing a disturbance in the work place.

The director over the department is amazing. She always finds time to openly listen to suggestions and give her opinion on the changes you can make. She is always looking to advance each individual in their people and job skills rather your future is at Ocean Dental or not. The manager that is directly under her can be hard to take sometimes but in all is a hard working dedicated individual. She is very kind hearted and is also willing to help and listen to your opinions.

The Co-workers are amazing. management focuses on hiring not just based on each individual but how well they would work as a team on the floor and how well their personality fits in with the rest of the workers which creates for a fun work place.

The job can get overwhelming and slightly stressful at times but anytime you may be put in a stressful situation the compensation is decent. The management crew is great about being flexible as well as identifying and understanding when you are overwhelmed.
Pros
End of the month prizes. Good Compensation. Long Lunches. Flexible.
Cons
No major cons.
N/a
Patient Rescheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 21, 2016
I did not enjoy working at Ocean Dental. Coming from a college student, they were not flexible with my school schedule, they were very strict with your call times and its a very competitive job. Management was not impressive. They weren't very helpful when a conflict between two employees was present. Do not recommend working here at least if you are a college student.
Good Money
PATIENT SCHEDULING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 6, 2016
Great place for college kids to make good money. The job is easy and if you speak Spanish you get paid $1 more. Overall great place to work.
Wild animals
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2016
Management is awful put chewed up gum on desk use inappropriate language comes out of her office to pass gas in main office. It was the worst job I ever had in my life she didn't know anything had never worked in a dental office. Run the opposite way
Pros
I don't know
Cons
You better love caged animal
pot luck dinners, monthly birthday recognition with cake
Customer Service, Team Management (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 15, 2016
It's a call center for scheduling, so the hardest part was actually sitting all day. The benefits were good, with bonuses depending on your quota. I made many friends there that I'm still in contact with. A typical work day consisted of taking one inbound call after another and assisting patients with scheduling dental appointments. It was a fast paced job with lots of multi-tasking.
Pros
bonuses, some meals, gift cards
Cons
working in a basement, sitting all day, on the phone
Met lifelong friends great paitents
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 29, 2016
I loved working with the clinical staff, however they would hire managers with no dental experience and expect us to leave the big decisions up to them (same day treatment , etc) loved our patients that came through . Horrible turn over for management and staff. Cooperate only cares about their money, and if you aren't making enough money for them THAT day u never hear the end of it. Even when you have vacation and sick days and you use them they still were reluctant to approve the time. But you do get excellent pay and benefits. That's how they get you -_-
Pros
Health insurance benefits
Cons
Patient flow, very little room for advancement in the same clinic