Ocean Dental Employee Reviews

Fun and enjoyable patients and staff.
Dental Assistant, Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 23, 2017
A typical day is a constant flow of patients. What i learned most was how to work with all ages of children and being able to comfort them for procedures. Management was always willing to listen to employees needs and concerns. This office has a large number of staff. Some staff were able to work in any department to help out when needed. The hardest part of this job was convincing a difficult child patient that we were trying to help them. All staff were great and worked smoothly together.
Lost
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 9, 2017
Life was busy at Ocean Dental. Management and co workers tended to be grouchy. If you didn't have your call numbers up or enough appointments scheduled you would get wrote up
Pros
an hour lunch
Cons
no actual breaks
overall great place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 27, 2016
Wonderful Great place to work I cant say any thing bad about this company worked there for two years no problems amazing staff,you will be very happy working here
This place is TERRIBLE!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKNovember 8, 2016
This place is the absolute WORST place I have ever worked. They went as far as writing me up bc I had to go to the bathroom and they counted it as I wasnt using my time wisely. They do everything in a points system and if you have children or family they don't care what's going on as long as the phone calls are being made...The management is the solute worst management I have ever worked under in my entire life. If you have sick children that don't care about them. They want a doctors note for any and every time you are sick or your child is sick. It's all about the company and what they can do to run their employees off. Pretty sad that the time I worked there most offices didn't even have a dentist in them they were all sharing dentist and had to have dentist come from different offices just to treat patients. It won't be long until this company goes under and will have to close their doors.
Pros
Cons
pay, management, home office, the clinics in general
Fast Paced/Competitive Work Enviornment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKSeptember 22, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of overseeing the scheduling of the representatives, Motivating reps to reach their Quality/Quantity goals and working with the leadership crew to make improvements to the ergonomics of the room.

I learned that it is important not too look for issues and let any issues that may arise come to you. By looking for issues you are only aggravating employees and causing a disturbance in the work place.

The director over the department is amazing. She always finds time to openly listen to suggestions and give her opinion on the changes you can make. She is always looking to advance each individual in their people and job skills rather your future is at Ocean Dental or not. The manager that is directly under her can be hard to take sometimes but in all is a hard working dedicated individual. She is very kind hearted and is also willing to help and listen to your opinions.

The Co-workers are amazing. management focuses on hiring not just based on each individual but how well they would work as a team on the floor and how well their personality fits in with the rest of the workers which creates for a fun work place.

The job can get overwhelming and slightly stressful at times but anytime you may be put in a stressful situation the compensation is decent. The management crew is great about being flexible as well as identifying and understanding when you are overwhelmed.
Pros
End of the month prizes. Good Compensation. Long Lunches. Flexible.
Cons
No major cons.
N/a
Patient Rescheduling Representative (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJuly 21, 2016
I did not enjoy working at Ocean Dental. Coming from a college student, they were not flexible with my school schedule, they were very strict with your call times and its a very competitive job. Management was not impressive. They weren't very helpful when a conflict between two employees was present. Do not recommend working here at least if you are a college student.
Good Money
PATIENT SCHEDULING REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJune 6, 2016
Great place for college kids to make good money. The job is easy and if you speak Spanish you get paid $1 more. Overall great place to work.
Wild animals
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 30, 2016
Management is awful put chewed up gum on desk use inappropriate language comes out of her office to pass gas in main office. It was the worst job I ever had in my life she didn't know anything had never worked in a dental office. Run the opposite way
Pros
I don't know
Cons
You better love caged animal
pot luck dinners, monthly birthday recognition with cake
Customer Service, Team Management (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKApril 15, 2016
It's a call center for scheduling, so the hardest part was actually sitting all day. The benefits were good, with bonuses depending on your quota. I made many friends there that I'm still in contact with. A typical work day consisted of taking one inbound call after another and assisting patients with scheduling dental appointments. It was a fast paced job with lots of multi-tasking.
Pros
bonuses, some meals, gift cards
Cons
working in a basement, sitting all day, on the phone
Met lifelong friends great paitents
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 29, 2016
I loved working with the clinical staff, however they would hire managers with no dental experience and expect us to leave the big decisions up to them (same day treatment , etc) loved our patients that came through . Horrible turn over for management and staff. Cooperate only cares about their money, and if you aren't making enough money for them THAT day u never hear the end of it. Even when you have vacation and sick days and you use them they still were reluctant to approve the time. But you do get excellent pay and benefits. That's how they get you -_-
Pros
Health insurance benefits
Cons
Patient flow, very little room for advancement in the same clinic
noneI work there for 8 years it started off real good and everything went south
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  East Cleveland, OHJanuary 12, 2016
I work there for 8 years it started off real good and everything went south .all they do is work you like crazy and don't care I don't know what happen but I miss the old ocean dental
loved it!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 3, 2016
I really enjoyed working there. The staff was great! I learned a lot about dental practice which I had no previous training on. It was a lot of information to learn in a short period of time but I never felt like I couldn't ask questions and someone was always there to answer them. It would have been nice to have some sort of training program but other than that I had an overall good experience.
work day
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  shreveportSeptember 21, 2015
On a typical day I bring the patient back and set up the room, the dr comes in and we get started on tx. I put my notes in the computer and review them before I walk the patient out. At ocean dental we help in all areas, so if I don't have a patient I will go in hygiene and help prophy or put in notes for the hygienist or help the dr with an exam. also if I don't have a patient I will go into the sterilization and help in there.
Pros
hour lunch, health insurance
Cons
accrue time, things change all the time, rules are not followed
The worst environment to work in
OA (Former Employee) –  ShawneeJune 27, 2015
Office employee and management are not professional at all. Typical day starts with profanity and other disgusting topics leaving the other OA doing all the hard work of checking many people in at once. The job is is great with different employees and management.
Poor management/policies/training
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stillwater OK, Patient Scheduling CenterJune 9, 2015
*Typical day at work: Come in and you sit at your computer and are BOMBARDED with tasks that are not even in the same area as your position implies. I worked as a PSR (Patient Scheduling Representative) in the call center for 6 months and moved up to Team Leader for about 5 months. I truly enjoyed the people that I worked with and part of the management crew. The more unfortunate part of the management crew was disgraceful. I was miserable every time I made eye contact with my direct supervisor because she would put me on ridiculous tasks that were under her job description, and tell me that they were "priority," and then get frustrated and talk to her supervisor about how my productivity was unsatisfactory because I could not juggle my job and half of hers. I absolutely ADORED the people I worked with, but the one time I questioned my superior, good Lord almighty things went sour and I was forced to deal with the repercussions of having an opinion.

Ocean Dental's attendance policy is ridiculous! They run you on a points system. You are aloud 25 points before immediate termination. I unfortunately dealt with a series of health problems and met my 25 points months ago. They are UNFAIR! Because one of the managers favored me, he never showed that I was not at work so I never received "points." The DAY after I spoke with my other superior and was reprimanded for voicing my opinion, I all of the sudden had 25 points. Granted, I should have been TERMED much before that, I was demoted from my position and sent back to entry level employment. Obviously because I had angered one
  more... of my superiors. On the other hand, the employees that were under me would be terminated the DAY that they hit their 25 points. There is no rhyme nor reason as to who they hire or fire. They choose favorites and everyone is able to see.

I left the company because I realized how unfair things were between Leadership rolls and entry level employment rolls. This company would be an amazing thing if they could decide how to treat their employees like valued human beings.

Steer clear, $9-$10/ hour is not worth the amount of stress that this company will lay on your back.
Pros
benefits, hours lunches
Cons
management, policies, work load
productive and stressful work place
Office Assistant/ Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, OKMay 8, 2015
typical work day for me was showing up early to unlock the doors, get the back up and running help the front office get there job started. then i would usually start seeing patients at 8 am. i loved my co-workers and what i did. most enjoyable part is being able to help a scared kid and do the procedure with out tears and for them to tell their parents that i was the nicest lady ever
It's an overbooked mill that DID NOT PAY PROMISED RATE
Dental Hygienist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 1, 2014
I worked at Ocean Dental as a sub through a subbing agency. I worked one day and would never go back. First, before I went, I had an agreement WITH Ocean Dental on my hourly pay. Guess what?! I got paid LESS than Ocean Dental and I agreed on!!!!!!! Second, I was told to come from 8am-5pm, 1 hour lunch. They sent me out for "lunch" 2 hours earlier than scheduled because patient flow decreased at the moment. For the same reason, they also sent me home early. They are overbooked, so you have to work as fast as you can to accommodate everyone at the moment; but if God forbid it got slower, then you will be going for a nice, unpaid "walk" outside. The manager was looking over us (hygienists) like a hawk. But the minute it got slower, she COMMANDED us to go clock out. Obviously, the manager's priority was to make sure that we didn't get "overpaid" a minute.
Some of the dentists were nice, some not. The hardest part of the job - was NOT walking out of there in a middle of the day. If you value your time and yourself, don't waste it here. This company DOES NOT CARE about its workers (or its patients from what I saw).
Dear Ocean Dental. If you schedule people to come work from 8-5, then you should pay them for that time. And not have them clock in and out at your convenience! It's very disrespectful to have your workers reserve their whole day for you and only get paid for a portion of those originally scheduled hours. Shame on you!
Pros
Cons
It's a mill. Did not pay rate they agreed on.
Out of touch management causes a lot of unnessary problems.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma city, OKApril 16, 2014
Started out as a good company, but that soon changed when the money was more important than staff and patients. Staff is required to over book the schedule. Patients in and out of the chair as fast as you can. Worried about production and paperwork than quality care.
Clinic ran by a micromanaging managers who never gives any positivity only negativity and knows nothing about running a dental office. Management needs to get in-touch with staff. Their polices do not fit all the circumstances that involve the clinics . Doctors have their own way of doing things. The staff trying to please corporate , doctors and patients. Staff has been cut back in every clinic. causing undue stress on employees.

There is just too much unprofessional things going on. Poor cleanings and faulty exams. No dental Hygienist. Corporate cover up. Especially when it involves doctors.

I enjoyed working with my co-workers and the patients at Ocean dental. Most of the time it was very enjoyable. Hardest part of the job was corporate management. They needed to let the clinics practice dentistry and support the needs of doctors and staff.
Pros
At one time was a great company to work for.
Cons
Poor management
Productive workplace with friends
Dental Hygienist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 9, 2014
My coworkers are enjoyable to work with. Its all about team work. The hardest part of my job is the schedule is not consistent and the gossip. The enjoyable part is some of the friendships that I have made and knowing some of the patients that I have helped along the way.
Don't waste your time, won't be long before your looking to escape!
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warr Acres, OKOctober 25, 2013
You do not want to work at this place! This office is ran by a very lazy micromanaging manager, who is very insecure and emotional who never gives any positivity only negativity and knows nothing about running a dental office besides sitting at her desk! The assistants are like slave drivers! Throwing kids in and out of the chair as fast as you can wasting up government $ on poor cleanings and faulty exams! Not to mention all they equipment is old and so filthy! Don't waste your time or health on this low paying disaster!
Cons
Over worked, under appreciated, bad quality care, wasted government money, bad mgmt, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Dental. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8