Ocean Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Great place to work to gain experience in the Nursing field
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJuly 4, 2015
Working at Ocean Medical Center has given me the opportunity to grow as a person as well as a PCT. The company really does support you in your future endeavors in becoming a Nurse. A typical day at work can be described as "unpredictable" but that's the way healthcare functions, you never know what you are going to end up with. I've learned how to be receptive to other staff's needs and ideas as well as how to speak up and ask for help when it's needed. My co-workers are some of the hardest individuals I have ever worked with and really make the job experience that much better. The hardest part of the job is not having enough staff to better take care of your patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a patient go from poor health to improving substantially and being discharged home.
Pros
Experience
Cons
not enough staff, Patient to Nurse ratio
great
head office assistant (Former Employee) –  njJuly 2, 2015
great place to work, great boss, great coworkers, great clients and work area - i would definitely recommend as it its a fast paced but very organized and well established place to be apart of and work at
Fantastic
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJune 24, 2015
I worked in the Critical Care Unit as a RN. I learned something new everyday!! Management was fantastic, so supportive. Co-workers were great! Hardest part of my job honestly was the sadness that comes along with Critical Care. I love taking care of patients and their families. I enjoyed the learning process, never a dull day in CCU!
Pros
Learning
Cons
Worked nights and couldn't do it anymore!
I love working for Meridian Health
Cardiac Catheterization Technologist (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJMay 8, 2015
I am looking for a position that does not require being on call....otherwise :)!!!!!! Love my co-workers and taking care of patients.
Pros
Great people to work with!
Cons
Too much on call
Good Management
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJApril 28, 2015
Enjoyed the staff. Flexible schedule. Good Management. Great benefit package. I learned a great deal working at Ocean Medical Center
Supportive and Productive workplace
Volunteer Patient Information ER (Current Employee) –  Brick, NJApril 28, 2015
In The ER I work with many professional Nurses and Doctors that perform their job duties with the utmost professionalism and Excellence.
Pros
Free Lunch and Experience
Great team work
Surgical Tech/Pain management/Endoscopy tech (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJDecember 19, 2014
OMC is a very family oriented environment. Amazing nurses and supervisors.
Pros
discounted lunches. great benefits package
Cons
poor communication between departments
Supportive of education and growth
Staff Registered Nurse Geriatrics/Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJDecember 13, 2014
I have enjoyed the last almost 10 years as a staff nurse at Ocean Medical Center. Working there has allowed me to become an exert as a registered nurse, expand my education to the Masters Level and flexibility to enjoy my family.
Pros
medical, dental and vision. 403b, tuition reimbusement.
Cons
n/a
Great place to gain foundational skills in an enriching enviornment
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJDecember 12, 2014
Worked with a great team who was supportive and enthusiastic towards my learning to become an occupational therapy student.
Pros
great place to work
Great customer care
Volunteer for the Hospital's Elder Life Program (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJOctober 24, 2014
Interact with geriatric patients in hopes of preventing delirium and
thus a shorter stay in the hospital.
Pros
great place to learn!
Cons
none that i can see
Great Place to Work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJAugust 29, 2014
I haven't been working for OMC very long. I have done my preceptor there during school and have been working there for about three weeks. All together I have been working there for around 3 months. I enjoy it very much. Professional environment, every one is nice and look like they enjoy working there. It is very rare to see an unhappy face when it comes to the staff.
productive and fun workplace
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJDecember 20, 2013
Most enjoyable part of my job is helping people and knowing I made a difference in their life.
Short 20 hrs Volunteer
Short-term Internship (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJFebruary 8, 2013
Worked "shadowing" through the Volunteer Services & Pastoral Care Department Enjoyed the work. Fast paced.
Pros
free luchces
busy
rn (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJDecember 20, 2012
very busy. we get patients directly from the er or ccu. alot of care needed on a nightly/daily basis.
very nice place to work - volunteered there and would love to work there anyday
Short-term Internship (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJOctober 16, 2012
Was a volunteer and loved my time there as a volunteer and would love to work there full time.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
pay is okay
It is a productive and well balance environment to work in.
Patient Care Techniciam (Current Employee) –  Brick NJApril 3, 2012
Assisting patients with there everyday needs, assisting the nurses and other coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.8