Ocean Medical Center Employee Reviews

Medical Assistant. (Former Employee) –  , NJMay 2, 2017
Very fast pace since i did work in the ER too. I did have very good relationship with Doctors and coworkers that always is what make the environment enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Sort staff
Pct
Patient Care Associate (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJApril 3, 2017
Love working with patients
Management is reasonable
Hardest part of the job is time management with many patients needing attention
Responsibilities include but aren't limited to;
vital signs
phlebotomy
patient hygiene
IT was fine
Surgical Technician Externship (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJMarch 6, 2017
It was fine to work there. Supervisor is a pleasure, and very helpful always. Great experience obtained from the workplace and learned quite a bit being there.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Brick, NJMarch 6, 2017
I have been very fortunate to work with this company. It has expanded my nursing knowledge 10 fold and I continue to work and grow with the company. There is a great deal of support and flexibility to grow and advance your career.
Pros
Constant support from management and education, wealthy of knowledge, kind welcoming staff.
Cons
Short breaks, sometimes under staffed
Best place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJFebruary 24, 2017
Great work flow. Your job was understood. Friendly helpful people makes you want to be friendly and helpful as well. Hrs were great, vacation time great as well. A job you must go to.
Excellent
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Brick, NJFebruary 7, 2017
Ive never had a problem. Great company to work for. Help Therapist with their patients and getting them through their workouts before having hands on with the therapist. Easy job. Very fast paced. Overall great atmosphere.
Good company
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brick, NJJanuary 25, 2017
Good company to work for. Healthcare is always in need and in demand. Company is growing and merging and doing big things. Overall good pace and good company to work for and there's room to grow.
What I learned
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJanuary 22, 2017
OMC is a great hospital. The staff is amazing and you can learn a lot from your fellow therapists. The staff on the floors (doctors and nurses) help you out as much as possible.
Evening pharmacy technician
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJMay 12, 2016
Great place to work. Supervisors were fair. Staff pharmacist were great. Wanted to teach technicians about new things. Salary was fair, got bonuses and holiday compensation. Staff was great worked together.
Pros
Hour lunch, free lunches on occasion
Cons
Once you were on evening took years to get to day shift.
Great place to work to gain experience in the Nursing field
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJuly 4, 2015
Working at Ocean Medical Center has given me the opportunity to grow as a person as well as a PCT. The company really does support you in your future endeavors in becoming a Nurse. A typical day at work can be described as "unpredictable" but that's the way healthcare functions, you never know what you are going to end up with. I've learned how to be receptive to other staff's needs and ideas as well as how to speak up and ask for help when it's needed. My co-workers are some of the hardest individuals I have ever worked with and really make the job experience that much better. The hardest part of the job is not having enough staff to better take care of your patients. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a patient go from poor health to improving substantially and being discharged home.
Pros
Experience
Cons
not enough staff, Patient to Nurse ratio
great
head office assistant (Former Employee) –  njJuly 2, 2015
great place to work, great boss, great coworkers, great clients and work area - i would definitely recommend as it its a fast paced but very organized and well established place to be apart of and work at
Fantastic
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJJune 24, 2015
I worked in the Critical Care Unit as a RN. I learned something new everyday!! Management was fantastic, so supportive. Co-workers were great! Hardest part of my job honestly was the sadness that comes along with Critical Care. I love taking care of patients and their families. I enjoyed the learning process, never a dull day in CCU!
Pros
Learning
Cons
Worked nights and couldn't do it anymore!
I love working for Meridian Health
Cardiac Catheterization Technologist (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJMay 8, 2015
I am looking for a position that does not require being on call....otherwise :)!!!!!! Love my co-workers and taking care of patients.
Pros
Great people to work with!
Cons
Too much on call
Good Management
Biomedical Technician (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJApril 28, 2015
Enjoyed the staff. Flexible schedule. Good Management. Great benefit package. I learned a great deal working at Ocean Medical Center
Supportive and Productive workplace
Volunteer Patient Information ER (Current Employee) –  Brick, NJApril 28, 2015
In The ER I work with many professional Nurses and Doctors that perform their job duties with the utmost professionalism and Excellence.
Pros
Free Lunch and Experience
Great team work
Surgical Tech/Pain management/Endoscopy tech (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJDecember 19, 2014
OMC is a very family oriented environment. Amazing nurses and supervisors.
Pros
discounted lunches. Great benefits package
Cons
poor communication between departments
Supportive of education and growth
Staff Registered Nurse Geriatrics/Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJDecember 13, 2014
I have enjoyed the last almost 10 years as a staff nurse at Ocean Medical Center. Working there has allowed me to become an exert as a registered nurse, expand my education to the Masters Level and flexibility to enjoy my family.
Pros
Medical, dental and vision. 403B, Tuition reimbusement.
Cons
N/a
Great place to gain foundational skills in an enriching enviornment
Rehab Aide (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJDecember 12, 2014
Worked with a great team who was supportive and enthusiastic towards my learning to become an occupational therapy student.
Great customer care
Volunteer for the Hospital's Elder Life Program (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJOctober 24, 2014
Interact with geriatric patients in hopes of preventing delirium and
thus a shorter stay in the hospital.
Pros
Great Place to Learn!
Cons
None that I can see
Great Place to Work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJAugust 29, 2014
I haven't been working for OMC very long. I have done my preceptor there during school and have been working there for about three weeks. All together I have been working there for around 3 months. I enjoy it very much. Professional environment, every one is nice and look like they enjoy working there. It is very rare to see an unhappy face when it comes to the staff.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7