Ocean Spray Employee Reviews

Production,Quality , Engineering and Research and Development
Processing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MAJune 21, 2017
Great Company to do product development,process development in . Worked well with Research associates,Plant Management and Corporate Staff.Rewarded with bonus pay and comendations
Great
Utility A (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJune 21, 2017
Money was great but work was very hard & company had no compation, to much favoritism & office people were very rude..People that worked on the floor were great
Pros
Great money
Cons
No compation
Productive workplace
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJJune 18, 2017
Working in the warehouse was an experience that I have. Ocean Spray has good working ethnic and safety practices. They make sure that everyone in the warehouse is properly dressed and protected.
Pros
The environment was positive
Cons
The machinery was outdated.
Productive and a fun place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MAJune 13, 2017
Awsome hours great pay great opportunity great place to work long hours but alot of overtime. Meet alot of good people great friendship learn new set of skills
Pros
Alot of overtime
Cons
Long shifts
Great company to work for
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 2, 2017
Ocean Spray Cranberries is a great place to work. You will be happy to get up to go to work every day. They make you feel like you are home with family.
Great company
Contract Manufacturing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MAMay 25, 2017
I worked at Ocean Spray for 20 years and they were wonderful. The only thing I would like to see more of is people deserving of promotions get promotions.
great
Line Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2017
great company to work for with great benefits. various hours and shifts. comfortable environment to work in with room for growth within the company. 12 hour shifts.
Excellent employer
Bin building/filling, debris shaker (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 3, 2017
Another seasonal job, I was hired for harvest, during the 2 months of harvest i was able to learn various areas of the processing plant, tending the pool while trucks dumped cranberries, Running a shaker to get branches and frogs out of the cranberries, clean and sort different grades of cranberries and quality control.
Pros
Good pay Friendly coworkers
Cons
Season work
Good pay
Facilities Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 30, 2017
Good pay and benefits. Management lacks communication at the plant level and appears to have no direction. Stuck on nights first 5 to 10 years. Very casual environment.
Production
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  South Carver, MAApril 25, 2017
Good place for working make your own schedule Make a lot of money easy and fast chose when you want to get paid like by weekly or weekly earn sick days so fast
Pros
A lot of free lunch
Cons
Long breaks good health insurance

Want to know more about Ocean Spray?

Ask a question
Safety and Quality oriented workplace
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 20, 2017
I learned how to work under strict time constraints and still deliver in a timely manner. Management was always fair and always stressed the importance of safety and quality. Thus, became the culture in the workplace. The hardest part of the job were the 12+ hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job were my teammates.
Very fun and fast paced environment
Binner (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAMarch 17, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. The people are great and hardworking.unfortunately the job was a seasonal position but i definitely felt successful working there
Pros
Great pay and a lot of overtime
Cons
Job is only seasonal
I was overworked and underpaid
Forklift Operator/Material Handler/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 14, 2017
Worked here for almost 2 years. Started as a temp at 18 in the warehouse. Worked hard got promoted to forklift operator JIT in the plant.Trained as assistant tray pack operator, ran that weird box making machine too. I sacrificed alot never called off 12 hour days and was promised to be part of the company, went to the town halls. Then you guys fired me in that December for no reason, I had a family to feed. Cmon around Christmas too?
Pros
Cons
Bad People
fun.easy work team helps
Packer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89074March 13, 2017
in this job i learn more as my second job i got a lot experience helpful and enjoyable as a warehouse job i felt really good i learn alot as a machine operate to making simple boxes as for a job was easy to pack and see the different between each of the catogories of juices i think my hard time there was the machine u need to be careful as a fact that the machine would stop but that help and i struggle a little but a machine could be a little tricky i enjoy everything the team work that all the team as well as the lead were very helpful and enjoyable.
Good working enviorment
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Ocean spray was a very fast paced work environment that always kept you occupied . Also focused on good team building skills which made the employees focused.
Pros
highly motivational
Cons
seasonal
Global Customer Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Everyone here is so awesome and I feel like I've learned so much in such a short time! A company that really understands work/life balance. Incredible experience!
Great place to work.
Blend Technician / Processing (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXNovember 16, 2016
Great company to work for. Employees are friendly and knowledgeable. The company as a whole tends to try and promote from within the company itself which is good and hard to come by these days.
Pros
great insurance plans, and vacation time. good pay.
Cons
working nightshift, employees tend to get overlooked by management.
Production
FILLER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 11, 2016
Filling bottles. Safety, Working on the machines and changing them over when needed.
I enjoyed driving the forklift and scissorlifts
I got along with my coworkers and helped when needed.
Not what it seems to be
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 31, 2016
Ocean Spray is a well known company that produces high quality products. Although the physical plant and working environment is clean and well kept the rest is not what most would expect. There is quite a bit of distrust between senior leadership and the staff, This along with a total lack of communication between departments makes it very difficult to perform your job with any type of success. The HR management could not be trusted at the plant or corporate level and were frequently caught in conflicting stories and lies.There were some very talented people there which I had enjoyed working with both salaried and hourly, unfortunately those people never seemed to lasted long.
Pros
Good benefits, clean work environment
Cons
Very uncomfortable work invironment
This place is weird.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 19, 2016
First thing you should know, this is mostly a review of their forklift "JIT" position and some of my experiences in that position. As with any company the entry level position is the bottom rung where some stuff just falls, but this was awful, There is literally no room for mistakes with these people even minor problems cause you to be chastised by your supervisor. They fire people constantly from all around the plant. 80 percent of the office staff treat you like a child, somewhat understandable however because many of the people in this position do act like children. The worst part is the CIP's but they have to be done and someone has to do them so you are the natural choice. I could go on but it's all the same sort of stuff.

"Ok, this job is no good so are you saying I shouldn't apply?"

No I'm saying absolutely apply and get to work, you'll be given a job because they are constantly hiring due to their high turn over rate. Just don't expect to be treated well and don't expect a career here, get the job and immediately start looking for something else! or better yet start a business.
Pros
free juice
Cons
Pretty much everything else.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Spray. Our community is ready to answer.