Ocean Spray Employee Reviews

Not what it seems to be
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 31, 2016
Ocean Spray is a well known company that produces high quality products. Although the physical plant and working environment is clean and well kept the rest is not what most would expect. There is quite a bit of distrust between senior leadership and the staff, This along with a total lack of communication between departments makes it very difficult to perform your job with any type of success. The HR management could not be trusted at the plant or corporate level and were frequently caught in conflicting stories and lies.There were some very talented people there which I had enjoyed working with both salaried and hourly, unfortunately those people never seemed to lasted long.
Pros
Good benefits, clean work environment
Cons
Very uncomfortable work invironment
Food Processing & Manufacturing Plant
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJuly 18, 2016
Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc . is a great company to work for having great pay along with fantastic benefits when advancing to a full-time employee. Very healthy productive work atmosphere that gives you a challenging working environment so your job tasks are enjoyable.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, health benefits, 401 K
Cons
None that I can find.
Amazing teamwork while having a great time.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJune 27, 2016
Even after working on the twelve hour night shift for over a year, I met some of the greatest co-workers of all time. There were some serious challenges we faced but managed to get through them together. I continued to work my way up every quarter. Working for Ocean spray increased my skills and qualifications. When our team met our monthly quota without any injuries, we were always rewarded .
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
mandatory 12 hour shifts
Good Days And Bad Days
Line Worker-Production And Machine Operation (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 16, 2016
I met a lot of great hard working people and i thought most the bosses were very nice . Very fast paced work environment at times . Really hot in the summer . Acceptable Salary Benefits.
I was overworked and underpaid
Forklift Operator/Material Handler/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 14, 2017
Worked here for almost 2 years. Started as a temp at 18 in the warehouse. Worked hard got promoted to forklift operator JIT in the plant.Trained as assistant tray pack operator, ran that weird box making machine too. I sacrificed alot never called off 12 hour days and was promised to be part of the company, went to the town halls. Then you guys fired me in that December for no reason, I had a family to feed. Cmon around Christmas too?
Pros
Cons
Bad People
fun.easy work team helps
Packer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89074March 13, 2017
in this job i learn more as my second job i got a lot experience helpful and enjoyable as a warehouse job i felt really good i learn alot as a machine operate to making simple boxes as for a job was easy to pack and see the different between each of the catogories of juices i think my hard time there was the machine u need to be careful as a fact that the machine would stop but that help and i struggle a little but a machine could be a little tricky i enjoy everything the team work that all the team as well as the lead were very helpful and enjoyable.
Global Customer Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Everyone here is so awesome and I feel like I've learned so much in such a short time! A company that really understands work/life balance. Incredible experience!
A Coop with great name recognition, but not as together as you would think.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 29, 2016
For a company with such great name recognition it is not as big as you might think. Corporate offices are located in Lakeville, MA and there are nine manufacturing facilities that package everything from single serve PET to Craisins. The corporate culture is somewhat discombobulated due to a lack of communication between functions. In the manufacturing facilities there is somewhat limited room for advancement, and less opportunity as you move up in the organization. There is also very little coordination of efforts between plants, which leaves each plant moving in varying directions with regard to continuous improvement efforts. Within each plant you will find a conglomeration of industry standards, picking and choosing from many rather than implementing any one, this works for and against them. Overall, Ocean Spray is a pretty good place to work but vast amounts of red tape can often make life very frustrating.
This place is weird.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 19, 2016
First thing you should know, this is mostly a review of their forklift "JIT" position and some of my experiences in that position. As with any company the entry level position is the bottom rung where some stuff just falls, but this was awful, There is literally no room for mistakes with these people even minor problems cause you to be chastised by your supervisor. They fire people constantly from all around the plant. 80 percent of the office staff treat you like a child, somewhat understandable however because many of the people in this position do act like children. The worst part is the CIP's but they have to be done and someone has to do them so you are the natural choice. I could go on but it's all the same sort of stuff.

"Ok, this job is no good so are you saying I shouldn't apply?"

No I'm saying absolutely apply and get to work, you'll be given a job because they are constantly hiring due to their high turn over rate. Just don't expect to be treated well and don't expect a career here, get the job and immediately start looking for something else! or better yet start a business.
Pros
free juice
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Great place to work.
Blend Technician / Processing (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXNovember 16, 2016
Great company to work for. Employees are friendly and knowledgeable. The company as a whole tends to try and promote from within the company itself which is good and hard to come by these days.
Pros
great insurance plans, and vacation time. good pay.
Cons
working nightshift, employees tend to get overlooked by management.
Very fun and fast paced environment
Binner (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAMarch 17, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. The people are great and hardworking.unfortunately the job was a seasonal position but i definitely felt successful working there
Pros
Great pay and a lot of overtime
Cons
Job is only seasonal
Apply my experience on a part time basis
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed all aspects of accounting and finance work particularly compiling annual budgets with department heads and presenting to senior management for approval. Depending on the company's culture political influences can be a drain on productivity.
Pros
productive and positive contributor
Cons
keeping abreat of current technology
Good working enviorment
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Ocean spray was a very fast paced work environment that always kept you occupied . Also focused on good team building skills which made the employees focused.
Pros
highly motivational
Cons
seasonal
Ocean Spray Review
MACHINE OPERATOR-FOOD PRODUCTION LINES (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 25, 2016
I found Ocean Spray to be a very challenging work environment. I was able to learn different work skills as well as managing different team dynamics. Ocean Spray could benefit by becoming a more diverse workplace as well as soliciting more input and feedback from their floor employees. Ocean Spray would also benefit from understanding the work/life balance of its employees and adjusting scheduling to accommodate that.
Pros
competitive pay ranges
Cons
not diverse, need more work/life balance adjustments
Co workers are great
Packaging and Filling Machine Operato (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work when things are running great is not too bad but theirs a lot of bugs in equipment causing a lot of rework.They put you through Training classes so by the time they leave you on your own you understand the job.Management needs to work on communication.The hardest part of the job is that if you dont have much production experience it might seem hard at first but they give you reading material so you can take home and look over.You'll love the excellent benefits and the quarterly bonuses an example would be I've gotten a bonus for $1000 bucks in a quarter.
Pros
Free coffee paid lunch and store coming soon!
Cons
you must change everytime you leave the building no smoking allowed on property
It was a great job
Filler operator (Former Employee) –  Brenigsville, P.AJanuary 9, 2015
I wouldn't change anything about the company. Could've stayed if i wanted to. The job was easy. The best was how many aspects of the machines there are. co-workers were as good as you treated them. In my case there all were awesome. Management was a little to involved personally i think. Like any other job the hardest part was keeping up on the paperwork (laughing out loud). The best part of the job was simply being there. Knowing I was an employee helping provide a quality product.
Pros
Free coffee, benefits, close to home
Cons
Starting up the facility was my only dislike. to many issues to bare with
World Class organization
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 17, 2015
Ocean Spray is a world class co-op that mandates a high value on Safety and Quality. As a Supervisor in the organization, my job is made easy because we offer our employees an above industry standard salary. You get what you pay for and Ocean Spray is committed to obtaining the best!
Production
FILLER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 11, 2016
Filling bottles. Safety, Working on the machines and changing them over when needed.
I enjoyed driving the forklift and scissorlifts
I got along with my coworkers and helped when needed.
Tense and hostile
Employee labor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 17, 2016
Management wants yes people only and not free thinkers. Safety rules are good but, only enforced based upon actual company needs. Down time is in the high 20% range due to incompetent maintenance management that has no interaction with his crew. A department ran by the pencil only and will not take input for improvement. Plant SLT leader has referred to his work force as untrainable and under educated as to why they struggle. If you chose this company be careful, they already have one employee death to the current management team leadership.
Pros
It is a paycheck and a resume builder till you find better employment.
Cons
Management team is searching for the right fit at the cost of employee moral.
Fast paced deadline driven organization
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MAFebruary 5, 2015
My position allowed me to interact and support Senior Management and make recommendations to management based on performance results, allowing me exposure to all levels of the organization.
Pros
People and benefits
Cons
required extremely more than the expected overtime and work from home on a REGULAR basis

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Spray. Our community is ready to answer.

71%