Ocean Spray Employee Reviews

Not what it seems to be
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 31, 2016
Ocean Spray is a well known company that produces high quality products. Although the physical plant and working environment is clean and well kept the rest is not what most would expect. There is quite a bit of distrust between senior leadership and the staff, This along with a total lack of communication between departments makes it very difficult to perform your job with any type of success. The HR management could not be trusted at the plant or corporate level and were frequently caught in conflicting stories and lies.There were some very talented people there which I had enjoyed working with both salaried and hourly, unfortunately those people never seemed to lasted long.
Pros
Good benefits, clean work environment
Cons
Very uncomfortable work invironment
A Coop with great name recognition, but not as together as you would think.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 29, 2016
For a company with such great name recognition it is not as big as you might think. Corporate offices are located in Lakeville, MA and there are nine manufacturing facilities that package everything from single serve PET to Craisins. The corporate culture is somewhat discombobulated due to a lack of communication between functions. In the manufacturing facilities there is somewhat limited room for advancement, and less opportunity as you move up in the organization. There is also very little coordination of efforts between plants, which leaves each plant moving in varying directions with regard to continuous improvement efforts. Within each plant you will find a conglomeration of industry standards, picking and choosing from many rather than implementing any one, this works for and against them. Overall, Ocean Spray is a pretty good place to work but vast amounts of red tape can often make life very frustrating.
Food Processing & Manufacturing Plant
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJuly 18, 2016
Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc . is a great company to work for having great pay along with fantastic benefits when advancing to a full-time employee. Very healthy productive work atmosphere that gives you a challenging working environment so your job tasks are enjoyable.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, health benefits, 401 K
Cons
None that I can find.
Apply my experience on a part time basis
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed all aspects of accounting and finance work particularly compiling annual budgets with department heads and presenting to senior management for approval. Depending on the company's culture political influences can be a drain on productivity.
Pros
productive and positive contributor
Cons
keeping abreat of current technology
Ocean Spray Review
MACHINE OPERATOR-FOOD PRODUCTION LINES (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 25, 2016
I found Ocean Spray to be a very challenging work environment. I was able to learn different work skills as well as managing different team dynamics. Ocean Spray could benefit by becoming a more diverse workplace as well as soliciting more input and feedback from their floor employees. Ocean Spray would also benefit from understanding the work/life balance of its employees and adjusting scheduling to accommodate that.
Pros
competitive pay ranges
Cons
not diverse, need more work/life balance adjustments
This place is weird.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 19, 2016
First thing you should know, this is mostly a review of their forklift "JIT" position and some of my experiences in that position. As with any company the entry level position is the bottom rung where some stuff just falls, but this was awful, There is literally no room for mistakes with these people even minor problems cause you to be chastised by your supervisor. They fire people constantly from all around the plant. 80 percent of the office staff treat you like a child, somewhat understandable however because many of the people in this position do act like children. The worst part is the CIP's but they have to be done and someone has to do them so you are the natural choice. I could go on but it's all the same sort of stuff.

"Ok, this job is no good so are you saying I shouldn't apply?"

No I'm saying absolutely apply and get to work, you'll be given a job because they are constantly hiring due to their high turn over rate. Just don't expect to be treated well and don't expect a career here, get the job and immediately start looking for something else! or better yet start a business.
Pros
free juice
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Great place to work.
Blend Technician / Processing (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXNovember 16, 2016
Great company to work for. Employees are friendly and knowledgeable. The company as a whole tends to try and promote from within the company itself which is good and hard to come by these days.
Pros
great insurance plans, and vacation time. good pay.
Cons
working nightshift, employees tend to get overlooked by management.
Amazing teamwork while having a great time.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJune 27, 2016
Even after working on the twelve hour night shift for over a year, I met some of the greatest co-workers of all time. There were some serious challenges we faced but managed to get through them together. I continued to work my way up every quarter. Working for Ocean spray increased my skills and qualifications. When our team met our monthly quota without any injuries, we were always rewarded .
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
mandatory 12 hour shifts
Good Days And Bad Days
Line Worker-Production And Machine Operation (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 16, 2016
I met a lot of great hard working people and i thought most the bosses were very nice . Very fast paced work environment at times . Really hot in the summer . Acceptable Salary Benefits.
Tense and hostile
Employee labor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 17, 2016
Management wants yes people only and not free thinkers. Safety rules are good but, only enforced based upon actual company needs. Down time is in the high 20% range due to incompetent maintenance management that has no interaction with his crew. A department ran by the pencil only and will not take input for improvement. Plant SLT leader has referred to his work force as untrainable and under educated as to why they struggle. If you chose this company be careful, they already have one employee death to the current management team leadership.
Pros
It is a paycheck and a resume builder till you find better employment.
Cons
Management team is searching for the right fit at the cost of employee moral.
Production
FILLER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 11, 2016
Filling bottles. Safety, Working on the machines and changing them over when needed.
I enjoyed driving the forklift and scissorlifts
I got along with my coworkers and helped when needed.
bad place to work
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAMarch 24, 2016
management will stab you in the back all hey want to do if fire you and you are nothing to the management. don't west your time with ocean spray
Pros
lots of hours to work
Cons
no home life always working
A place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIDecember 13, 2014
Typical day consisted of ensuring employees are meeting quality and consistent standards of producing product. Writing Standard Operating Procedures for the facility so employees could run the equipment efficiently. Writing vacation schedules for employees, and dealing with disciplinary issues.
Management, being a member myself I would have to say we tried to be fair and consistent.
Working long hours on expansion projects and missing out on family events.
I loved the dynamics of production, to anticipate consistent product by understanding the way the equipment ran. It was an awesome feeling starting with raw product and being able to watch it transform into ready to sell product.
Co workers are great
Packaging and Filling Machine Operato (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 20, 2014
A typical day at work when things are running great is not too bad but theirs a lot of bugs in equipment causing a lot of rework.They put you through Training classes so by the time they leave you on your own you understand the job.Management needs to work on communication.The hardest part of the job is that if you dont have much production experience it might seem hard at first but they give you reading material so you can take home and look over.You'll love the excellent benefits and the quarterly bonuses an example would be I've gotten a bonus for $1000 bucks in a quarter.
Pros
Free coffee paid lunch and store coming soon!
Cons
you must change everytime you leave the building no smoking allowed on property
It was a great job
Filler operator (Former Employee) –  Brenigsville, P.AJanuary 9, 2015
I wouldn't change anything about the company. Could've stayed if i wanted to. The job was easy. The best was how many aspects of the machines there are. co-workers were as good as you treated them. In my case there all were awesome. Management was a little to involved personally i think. Like any other job the hardest part was keeping up on the paperwork (laughing out loud). The best part of the job was simply being there. Knowing I was an employee helping provide a quality product.
Pros
Free coffee, benefits, close to home
Cons
Starting up the facility was my only dislike. to many issues to bare with
Excellent place to work and learn.
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJMarch 24, 2014
Good place to work, but be prepared for long hours. Compensation is very fair and benefits are good. There is opportunity for advancement due to the turnover rate. The management team was excellent for my department, but not necessarily others.
World Class organization
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 17, 2015
Ocean Spray is a world class co-op that mandates a high value on Safety and Quality. As a Supervisor in the organization, my job is made easy because we offer our employees an above industry standard salary. You get what you pay for and Ocean Spray is committed to obtaining the best!
Extrovert culture with no room for introverts
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MADecember 5, 2014
Small minded company - expect more than what your job requires and can put you at risk if you don't deliver.
No room for introvert people, out spoken people shine in this company because they lie all the time.
Lot of politics in management. senior engineers are threatened by young engineers and therefore provide no support to them.
Hardest part of the job is - poor organization - no assigned job responsibilities, everybody is working on everything.

Enjoyable part is the beautiful campus, beautiful cafe,
Low pay and Unprofessional
SR. NETWORK ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MAJanuary 24, 2015
Pay wise on low end of salary scale across the board and management is unqualified and not knowledgeable. You are just a number and no team concepts!
Pros
Flex hours
Cons
long hours, on call every weekend, low pay scale, un educated management
great job
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJJune 8, 2015
you are assigned to a piece a production equipment and you are required to learn it , and move on to the next piece of equipment learn that one ,, so forth and so on .. A lead while tell you what you are running that night in a pre shift meeting and then you go about your day (12hrs) . You will learn teamwork and how to safely work in a production environment . Management is nice and courteous to your needs . Most of the workers are good people and are trying to make a good living . the hardest part of the job is making sure your spec sheets are correct and your machine is kept clean . the people are the most enjoyable part of the job . good work mates equal a good worker.. I had a great 9 years there .
Pros
two days on two days off three on three off
Cons
hot in the warehouse, not many negitives

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Spray. Our community is ready to answer.