Ocean Spray Employee Reviews

Great company
Contract Manufacturing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lakeville, MAMay 25, 2017
I worked at Ocean Spray for 20 years and they were wonderful. The only thing I would like to see more of is people deserving of promotions get promotions.
great
Line Driver (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 4, 2017
great company to work for with great benefits. various hours and shifts. comfortable environment to work in with room for growth within the company. 12 hour shifts.
Excellent employer
Bin building/filling, debris shaker (Former Employee) –  Wisconsin Rapids, WIMay 3, 2017
Another seasonal job, I was hired for harvest, during the 2 months of harvest i was able to learn various areas of the processing plant, tending the pool while trucks dumped cranberries, Running a shaker to get branches and frogs out of the cranberries, clean and sort different grades of cranberries and quality control.
Pros
Good pay Friendly coworkers
Cons
Season work
Good pay
Facilities Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 30, 2017
Good pay and benefits. Management lacks communication at the plant level and appears to have no direction. Stuck on nights first 5 to 10 years. Very casual environment.
Production
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  South Carver, MAApril 25, 2017
Good place for working make your own schedule Make a lot of money easy and fast chose when you want to get paid like by weekly or weekly earn sick days so fast
Pros
A lot of free lunch
Cons
Long breaks good health insurance
Safety and Quality oriented workplace
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVApril 20, 2017
I learned how to work under strict time constraints and still deliver in a timely manner. Management was always fair and always stressed the importance of safety and quality. Thus, became the culture in the workplace. The hardest part of the job were the 12+ hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job were my teammates.
Very fun and fast paced environment
Binner (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAMarch 17, 2017
I absolutely loved working here. The people are great and hardworking.unfortunately the job was a seasonal position but i definitely felt successful working there
Pros
Great pay and a lot of overtime
Cons
Job is only seasonal
I was overworked and underpaid
Forklift Operator/Material Handler/Trainee (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMarch 14, 2017
Worked here for almost 2 years. Started as a temp at 18 in the warehouse. Worked hard got promoted to forklift operator JIT in the plant.Trained as assistant tray pack operator, ran that weird box making machine too. I sacrificed alot never called off 12 hour days and was promised to be part of the company, went to the town halls. Then you guys fired me in that December for no reason, I had a family to feed. Cmon around Christmas too?
Pros
Cons
Bad People
fun.easy work team helps
Packer (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NV 89074March 13, 2017
in this job i learn more as my second job i got a lot experience helpful and enjoyable as a warehouse job i felt really good i learn alot as a machine operate to making simple boxes as for a job was easy to pack and see the different between each of the catogories of juices i think my hard time there was the machine u need to be careful as a fact that the machine would stop but that help and i struggle a little but a machine could be a little tricky i enjoy everything the team work that all the team as well as the lead were very helpful and enjoyable.
Good working enviorment
Certified Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Carver, MAFebruary 22, 2017
Ocean spray was a very fast paced work environment that always kept you occupied . Also focused on good team building skills which made the employees focused.
Pros
highly motivational
Cons
seasonal

Want to know more about Ocean Spray?

Ask a question
Global Customer Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MAJanuary 27, 2017
Everyone here is so awesome and I feel like I've learned so much in such a short time! A company that really understands work/life balance. Incredible experience!
Great place to work.
Blend Technician / Processing (Current Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXNovember 16, 2016
Great company to work for. Employees are friendly and knowledgeable. The company as a whole tends to try and promote from within the company itself which is good and hard to come by these days.
Pros
great insurance plans, and vacation time. good pay.
Cons
working nightshift, employees tend to get overlooked by management.
Production
FILLER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVSeptember 11, 2016
Filling bottles. Safety, Working on the machines and changing them over when needed.
I enjoyed driving the forklift and scissorlifts
I got along with my coworkers and helped when needed.
Not what it seems to be
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 31, 2016
Ocean Spray is a well known company that produces high quality products. Although the physical plant and working environment is clean and well kept the rest is not what most would expect. There is quite a bit of distrust between senior leadership and the staff, This along with a total lack of communication between departments makes it very difficult to perform your job with any type of success. The HR management could not be trusted at the plant or corporate level and were frequently caught in conflicting stories and lies.There were some very talented people there which I had enjoyed working with both salaried and hourly, unfortunately those people never seemed to lasted long.
Pros
Good benefits, clean work environment
Cons
Very uncomfortable work invironment
This place is weird.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 19, 2016
First thing you should know, this is mostly a review of their forklift "JIT" position and some of my experiences in that position. As with any company the entry level position is the bottom rung where some stuff just falls, but this was awful, There is literally no room for mistakes with these people even minor problems cause you to be chastised by your supervisor. They fire people constantly from all around the plant. 80 percent of the office staff treat you like a child, somewhat understandable however because many of the people in this position do act like children. The worst part is the CIP's but they have to be done and someone has to do them so you are the natural choice. I could go on but it's all the same sort of stuff.

"Ok, this job is no good so are you saying I shouldn't apply?"

No I'm saying absolutely apply and get to work, you'll be given a job because they are constantly hiring due to their high turn over rate. Just don't expect to be treated well and don't expect a career here, get the job and immediately start looking for something else! or better yet start a business.
Pros
free juice
Cons
Pretty much everything else.
Good Days And Bad Days
Line Worker-Production And Machine Operation (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIAugust 16, 2016
I met a lot of great hard working people and i thought most the bosses were very nice . Very fast paced work environment at times . Really hot in the summer . Acceptable Salary Benefits.
Apply my experience on a part time basis
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed all aspects of accounting and finance work particularly compiling annual budgets with department heads and presenting to senior management for approval. Depending on the company's culture political influences can be a drain on productivity.
Pros
productive and positive contributor
Cons
keeping abreat of current technology
Food Processing & Manufacturing Plant
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJuly 18, 2016
Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc . is a great company to work for having great pay along with fantastic benefits when advancing to a full-time employee. Very healthy productive work atmosphere that gives you a challenging working environment so your job tasks are enjoyable.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, health benefits, 401 K
Cons
None that I can find.
A Coop with great name recognition, but not as together as you would think.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 29, 2016
For a company with such great name recognition it is not as big as you might think. Corporate offices are located in Lakeville, MA and there are nine manufacturing facilities that package everything from single serve PET to Craisins. The corporate culture is somewhat discombobulated due to a lack of communication between functions. In the manufacturing facilities there is somewhat limited room for advancement, and less opportunity as you move up in the organization. There is also very little coordination of efforts between plants, which leaves each plant moving in varying directions with regard to continuous improvement efforts. Within each plant you will find a conglomeration of industry standards, picking and choosing from many rather than implementing any one, this works for and against them. Overall, Ocean Spray is a pretty good place to work but vast amounts of red tape can often make life very frustrating.
Amazing teamwork while having a great time.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJune 27, 2016
Even after working on the twelve hour night shift for over a year, I met some of the greatest co-workers of all time. There were some serious challenges we faced but managed to get through them together. I continued to work my way up every quarter. Working for Ocean spray increased my skills and qualifications. When our team met our monthly quota without any injuries, we were always rewarded .
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
mandatory 12 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ocean Spray. Our community is ready to answer.