Ocean Spray Employee Reviews in United States

Apply my experience on a part time basis
Plant Controller (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJuly 22, 2016
I enjoyed all aspects of accounting and finance work particularly compiling annual budgets with department heads and presenting to senior management for approval. Depending on the company's culture political influences can be a drain on productivity.
Pros
productive and positive contributor
Cons
keeping abreat of current technology
Food Processing & Manufacturing Plant
Filler Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, WAJuly 18, 2016
Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc . is a great company to work for having great pay along with fantastic benefits when advancing to a full-time employee. Very healthy productive work atmosphere that gives you a challenging working environment so your job tasks are enjoyable.
Pros
Advancement opportunities, health benefits, 401 K
Cons
None that I can find.
A Coop with great name recognition, but not as together as you would think.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJune 29, 2016
For a company with such great name recognition it is not as big as you might think. Corporate offices are located in Lakeville, MA and there are nine manufacturing facilities that package everything from single serve PET to Craisins. The corporate culture is somewhat discombobulated due to a lack of communication between functions. In the manufacturing facilities there is somewhat limited room for advancement, and less opportunity as you move up in the organization. There is also very little coordination of efforts between plants, which leaves each plant moving in varying directions with regard to continuous improvement efforts. Within each plant you will find a conglomeration of industry standards, picking and choosing from many rather than implementing any one, this works for and against them. Overall, Ocean Spray is a pretty good place to work but vast amounts of red tape can often make life very frustrating.
Amazing teamwork while having a great time.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAJune 27, 2016
Even after working on the twelve hour night shift for over a year, I met some of the greatest co-workers of all time. There were some serious challenges we faced but managed to get through them together. I continued to work my way up every quarter. Working for Ocean spray increased my skills and qualifications. When our team met our monthly quota without any injuries, we were always rewarded .
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
mandatory 12 hour shifts
Ocean Spray Review
MACHINE OPERATOR-FOOD PRODUCTION LINES (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIApril 25, 2016
I found Ocean Spray to be a very challenging work environment. I was able to learn different work skills as well as managing different team dynamics. Ocean Spray could benefit by becoming a more diverse workplace as well as soliciting more input and feedback from their floor employees. Ocean Spray would also benefit from understanding the work/life balance of its employees and adjusting scheduling to accommodate that.
Pros
competitive pay ranges
Cons
not diverse, need more work/life balance adjustments
bad place to work
Supply Chain Specialist (Former Employee) –  Middleboro, MAMarch 24, 2016
management will stab you in the back all hey want to do if fire you and you are nothing to the management. don't west your time with ocean spray
Pros
lots of hours to work
Cons
no home life always working
Tense and hostile
Employee labor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 17, 2016
Management wants yes people only and not free thinkers. Safety rules are good but, only enforced based upon actual company needs. Down time is in the high 20% range due to incompetent maintenance management that has no interaction with his crew. A department ran by the pencil only and will not take input for improvement. Plant SLT leader has referred to his work force as untrainable and under educated as to why they struggle. If you chose this company be careful, they already have one employee death to the current management team leadership.
Pros
It is a paycheck and a resume builder till you find better employment.
Cons
Management team is searching for the right fit at the cost of employee moral.
communication
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WINovember 29, 2015
People would always yell and complain about other people and some people wouldn't do the job they were told and others would get very upset
World Class organization
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVNovember 17, 2015
Ocean Spray is a world class co-op that mandates a high value on Safety and Quality. As a Supervisor in the organization, my job is made easy because we offer our employees an above industry standard salary. You get what you pay for and Ocean Spray is committed to obtaining the best!
about the company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVAugust 21, 2015
its a good company but they shouldnt hire so many employees when its only a temp position. but over all the company has everything organized.
High school mentality
Case packer (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, wiAugust 13, 2015
I worked hard there and when I was supposed to get into the union they extended my probation saying they didn't know how I worked. The employees are clicky and if you do not play the game they will bad mouth you to management. They don't care what you do or how hard you work. They only care about money here.
Pros
Scheduled breaks
Cons
Union and management
I enjoy operating machines
Blowmold Operator (Current Employee) –  PENNSYLVANIAJuly 2, 2015
Doing quality checks,mold change overs also daily pm.Making process changes as needed.Keeping the blowmold machine running at full capacity.I learned how to make process changes to keep bottles in spec.The most enjoyable part of my job is when all machines are running flawless
over-all great place to work
Spare Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Middleborough, MAJune 20, 2015
this is a place to make a career. great place to learn trade and skill. excellent compensation from the start, and there is always room to grow available both in position and pay.
Pros
good pay, great teams
Cons
12 hour shifts
A good place to work and good benefits
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Babcock, WIJune 16, 2015
4-10 hrs days, 40 hrs a week.
Learned how to work as team and get along with others.
Hardest part about the job is there is a lot of heavy lifting.
I managed being a team leader for about 60 people during harvest.
I was also team leader in bin repair department all year round.
great job
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJJune 8, 2015
you are assigned to a piece a production equipment and you are required to learn it , and move on to the next piece of equipment learn that one ,, so forth and so on .. A lead while tell you what you are running that night in a pre shift meeting and then you go about your day (12hrs) . You will learn teamwork and how to safely work in a production environment . Management is nice and courteous to your needs . Most of the workers are good people and are trying to make a good living . the hardest part of the job is making sure your spec sheets are correct and your machine is kept clean . the people are the most enjoyable part of the job . good work mates equal a good worker.. I had a great 9 years there .
Pros
two days on two days off three on three off
Cons
hot in the warehouse, not many negitives
Fast paced CPG manufacturing environment
Supply Chain Coordinator, Inventory Management (Former Employee) –  Bordentown, NJJune 6, 2015
The most enjoyable years of my career in Supply Chain. Incredible knowledge acquired, professional training and learning...a wonderful company always on the continuous improvement path.
Busy
Cash Applications (Former Employee) –  Lakeville MAMay 19, 2015
Busy, old fashion system and unexplained methods of coding.
Very old computer system. Same codes meant 2 different meanings.
Pros
long lunch
Cons
unclear computer codes
A good place to work
Operations (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 16, 2015
OSC has an improving culture, good safety record, and overall a nice place to work. The business is growing with capital investments and product expansion.
Great company to work for
Operations Lead/ Machine (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 14, 2015
I had worked for ocean spray for a little under 20 years. It was a great ride when the company moved I was unable to move with them.
Pros
salary, benifits
Cons
A fine company to work for
ACF Operator (Former Employee) –  Bordentown NJ 08505March 17, 2015
I worked hard and was rewarded very well.Ocean Spray is a good company to belong to.They always treated me with repect and I did the same.The pay was good you received bonus plus rewards for what you did.The saying was and probably still is you put in a good days work for a good days pay.
Pros
all of the above