Ocean View School District

Ocean View School District Employer Reviews

Ocean View is a wondeful place to work.
Special Education Assistant (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CASeptember 15, 2013
A typical day at work consists of working with children with special needs. We work on behavior modification, life skills and learning through play. This job requires a lot of patience and hard work. I love the environment that I work in. The teachers and myself really love our kids and love to see growth in them everyday.
Great management and productive learning environment
School Psychologist Intern (Former Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 1, 2013
At OVSD, I became proficient in creating behavior support plans, providing crisis counseling and intervention counseling for at-risk youth, conducting psychoeducational assessemtents, facilitating IEP meetings, and running social skills groups for students within the Special Day Class Program and Emotionally Disturbed Program at the middle school level.
Great schedule and work/life balance; government paced environment
Office Manager (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: inefficiencies, slow-paced, minimal growth opportunity, low pay
If you are looking for indefinite job security and excellent work/life balance then any government job is wonderful and the same would be true for most school districts. I enjoy the holiday breaks and having summers off; however, there is minimal chance for career advancement or challenge. Things are still done 'the way they've always been done' so – more... there is a lot of waste and inefficiencies in school systems. Ocean View tends to be behind the curve in terms of technology and internal systems to eliminate these inefficiencies. Under "new management" recently, so things may improve. – less
Enjoyable and rewarding
Instructional Assistant-SDC (Current Employee), Huntington Beach, CAJune 29, 2013
The people are friendly and very helpul to work with at Westmont and its rewarding to be helping these children meet their educational goals.