Oceania Cruises Employee Reviews

Good working environment, helpful and fun loving colleagues
SENIOR CHEF DE PARTIE (Former Employee), Miami- Florida,USAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: free food, employee discounts, free tours, insurance
Cons: long hours
Good working enviroment, helpful colleagues. free sight seeing tours, employee discount card, crew parties. i used to enjoy working as we used to all work as a team, helping each other. Good friendly management. i learned about time management, got more knowledge on food preparation, Co-workers are helpful and freindly nature.

The hardest part is sometimes had to work more hours which used to be tiring as well as enjoyable also.

I enjoyed working with my colleagues as they used to co-operate with me in times of pressure and we used to work as a team.
Company that give a lot of experience
Sommelier (Former Employee), Maiami, FloridaJuly 13, 2013
Pros: free food
Good management and work system. It teaches you be really flexible when you working.
Productive and fun workplace
Cabin Stewardess (Former Employee), USAFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: free food and accomodation
Cons: few free hours only per day
It was a good job. We had to work every day there but i didnt feel because the time went so fast. I met with a lots of nationalities i visited plenty places where i cant travel if a stay at home. And from that salary what i could get at home its even not enought to live.
I learned there how to live with people who has different culture and also how to solve any kind of problems or guests complaints.
Productive and great company spirit and workplace
ETO Dry dock contractor (Former Employee), EuropeFebruary 23, 2013
Work starts at 8:00 AM and lasts till 7:00 PM. During that time we have morning meeting and after lunch meeting where we review all the jobs needed to be done, match experience with expectations and schedule upcoming jobs, maintenance and/or operational readiness.
Revenue Manager
Manager, Revenue Management Analysis (Current Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: independent work, able to work from home, hours are not set.
Cons: long hours and little time off for vacations.
Review all available sailings, check for competitors pricing strategies and new policies. Create promotions for travel partners. Coordinate with IT developers and project managers of system enhancements. Meet with sales and marketing new pricing and promotions strategies to sell out sailings.
Long hours of work but still can have time to see and walk around different places/countries everyday.
Ship Nurse (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 6, 2012
Pros: free food and accomodation
Cons: long hours of work
I start to work in Medical Center at 08:00 until 10:30H then go back at 17:00 - 19:30. In between those hours Medical Team is on call 24/7.We deal with the Guest and Crew members. We have to be flexible,calm,polite,and be knowledgeable in our field as we are dealing with different nationalities and cultures.

Medical Team deals with daily consultations,emergency cases and accidents for both guest and crew members of the vessel. As we are multi nationality crew we have to get along with one another to have a smooth operation.

I can say that the most hardest part of our job here on board is when we have to deal with an emergency case and we are in the middle of no where.Keep the patient alive as much as we can until helicopter / coast guard arrives to help us evacuate the patient to the nearest land hospital or until we reach the next port of call.

The most enjoyable part of my job is that I can see and visit places / countries and meet people, learn their culture with my husband.
over all growth within the organization.Creative & challenging
chef de cuisine (Current Employee), miamiOctober 28, 2012
I have been working in in an international company in a 5 star french & italian cuisine.
Director, Financial Planning & Analysis (Former Employee), Doral, FLOctober 16, 2012
Pros: free cruises
Cons: stressful place to work
Good place to work depending on the department. Good company overall
Excellent upper premium cruise line with exceptional product
Administrator, Guest Relations (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 12, 2012
Pros: good, strong company with solid foundation, good salaries and job growth potential.
Cons: none really.
A really wonderful company with a strong customer base and dedicated workforce, many of whom have been with them since inception. They provide a first rate product and are always looking for ways to improve on them. They are generous with their employees and look for ways to make them happy.
Experiencias
Camerera (Former Employee), USANovember 9, 2012
Pros: todo
Cons: nada
Es una de los mas bellos experiencias de mi vida!
Quando te gusta el trabajo asi como yo,no existe nada dificil!