OCHIN Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Small Health IT Company
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 19, 2017
OCHIN is a small Health IT company with a noble mission of providing EMR services for predominantly low-income and public health clinics. Every employee I know that's worked there has had a wildly different experience depending on who their supervisor/manager was.
Pros
Gym is nice
Cons
Chaotic
Wonderful team members and a community driven company philosophy
Medical Billing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 22, 2017
Providing medical billing services for a non profit company that allowed the medically underserved in the community to receive top quality healthcare was a very rewarding experience. Team building was very important with many employee appreciation events. OCHIN started as a medical IT company and expanded to provide billing services, but as an IT company at heart, I was able to learn so much about technologies I had never been exposed to before in this field. My supervisory skills grew exponentially at OCHIN.
Pros
Donut Friday every Friday, company sponsored happy hour every quarter, multiple potlucks, KUDO program with quarterly drawings for prizes, excellent benefits
Cons
Limited PTO, salaries on the lower end of the market
Amazing Place to work
Network Operations Center Technician Lead (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 19, 2017
After I left the Army, I was about ready to go wherever they would have me. Luckily, a manager (now my favorite boss I ever had), decided to give me an interview and I haven't been happier since.

The people are extremely nice. Not in the Stepford wives kind of way either. It's like they treat you like family, jokes and all. I have yet to find a single person I really don't like here.

The pay is nice and the administration will go way out of their way to accommodate you by whatever means necessary.
Pros
Freedom, Meritocracy, Friendliness
Cons
Downtown, Parking, Homeless
Great Flexilibilty
Instructional Designer for Reporting (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 7, 2017
OCHIN is a great place that provides flexibility to get the job done whenever and where ever. You must be self motivated and disciplined to do your best work at all times. No micromanagement but true accountability for your own work and personal growth.
Pros
work flexibility
Cons
constant competition with people trying to prove themselves because of their lack of education
daily duties
Senior Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 9, 2017
Typically I am called upon to help customers with existing problems or design new solutions including the plan to migration from old to new networks.

I enjoy helping customers design scalable and redundant networks.
I firmly believe in keeping network design simple, standardized and well documented.
Found some great friends and did wonderful volunteer work.
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 9, 2012
OCHIN is a great company to work for. It is an IT company with a billing dept, which handles heavy medicaid and medicare claims.
Pros
hours were flexible
Cons
no policy or procedures, such as sick days, etc
Admirable Committment to Excellence
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 3, 2012
While externing at OCHIN, I've attended several meetings that have allowed me to form the opinion that they have a remarkable committment to their mission.