Ochsner Health System

Ochsner Health System Employee Reviews

Ochsner
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Harahan, LAJanuary 27, 2016
Checking in members and using CSI to ring things up.
I learned to work at a fast pace and learn fast.
I am currently a manager
My co-workers are great to work with.
Pros
free elmwood fitness membership
Cons
terrible pay
Ok company but no chance to grow
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJanuary 27, 2016
Worked in the retail department as a sales associate. There's absolutely no opportunity to grow in that field. Management is poor, staff was lazy, management have their favorites. Staff in the hospital are rude, doctors and nurses..not all but most. In order for you to transfer to another department you are stuck in that filed for a year. Good luck. Dead end job.
Pros
Off Sundays
Cons
Management, staff and expensive benefits
Good techs to work with
Ochsner Northshore Imaging (Former Employee) –  2013 NorthshoreJanuary 16, 2016
No personal time, ever! They did not have anyone to cover shifts for vacation. Extremely poor management. Safety was not a priority. I was scared that someone would get hurt, just a matter of time. I could not be part of the mayhem any longer. There were no policies in place for the department.
Pros
I worked with great techs.
Cons
Poor management, They are the blind leading the blind, Management insist that unsafe practices be proformed on a routine basis
Train then move on
rn (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJanuary 11, 2016
Get ready for a one-year carousel ride use them to be trained in your field of choice. Then go get the job you really want. Ochsner has the most jobs posted because they have the most turnover in this market.
Pros
Unable to think of any right now
Cons
Management, unbalanced workload, etc...
I enjoy rounding with patients
Environmental Service Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Parish, LAJanuary 8, 2016
My day is fully busy I start viewing important emails, round with my supervisor and staff. I visited patients and inspected overall cleanliness of patient rooms and public areas. Daily meeting with my coworkers and direct manager. My hardest duty was when I have to discipline an employee that has done a repeated error. My most enjoyable part of my job is helping others.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
High medical insurance rates
Interesting Place to work.
Revenue Cycle Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 3, 2016
Doing what is necessary to satisfy patient's needs. Learning more about the healthcare network and all that it requires.
Geting a paycheck
security officer (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 3, 2016
Management don't have your back. Hospital employees blame security for any, and everything. Always having to watch over your shoulder for backstabbers. This company is basic about, having a kill or be kill mentality.
Pros
Getting a paycheck!!!
Cons
Rude, and racist staff members, dead end job no more for advancement.
great place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 25, 2015
as a RN, this system provides many opportunities to explore options for nurses to advance. It also provides great job security. Senior leadership makes themselves present and keeps employees informed on goals for the organization.
Pros
great work culture
Cons
compensation in pay is sometimes less than competitors
Productive and efficient workplace that showed appreciation to employees
Ambassador/Nurse Liason (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 18, 2015
Productive and efficient workplace that showed appreciation to employees. There were incentives for years worked and employees/patients could recommend awards for outstanding service.
Good People Organizatio In progress
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 12, 2015
Ochsner was in the process of building out new analytics team. It suffered some growing pain, however, the team and resources were great.
IT REALLY IS AS BAD AS THESE REVIEWS SAY!
facilities (Former Employee) –  benson towerNovember 4, 2015
These are the people who will kill your soul. If they could make robots to do the work, they would. They do not value new ideas, change, passion, or actual discussion. Their HR director is horrible; their hiring system is degrading; their idea of leadership is a dictatorship. Even though I was brought in for my great depth of experience, I was disrespected. I was told to not mention that I had expertise in an area because it made others "feel bad". Very socialistic, that is, do not try to excel or be unique in any way.
My department was run by snakes who I think were being paid under the table by certain vendors.

I was promised much, but the politics of the established people in the department over ruled - and then I was given the "left overs". Fish definitely rots from the head down!
Pros
You get to say you worked there?
Cons
mean spirited people
Very low paying, very little put back into the laboratory employees.
lab technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 3, 2015
Laboratory Sciences:
Salaries are the lowest in the state.
No money put into the employees in terms of technical or career development.
Don't expect to go to any conferences or seminars.
They will not pay for any licensing or educational fees.
Equipment is very old but they do have service contracts. Consumables are readily available.
The rallies from upper management is just lip service and does not translate to anything for the workers.
Pros
Organization will be around a while
Cons
Extremely cheap.
Ochsner Health System is a constantly evolving and growing company with supportive management, and offers a multitude of work experience opportunities
SR REVENUE CYCLE (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 27, 2015
I have had many positive experiences through out my tenure at Ochsner. I started in May 1979 entry level position. I received training and encouragement from management to advance within the Ochsner System. My workday consist of assisting approximately 60-90 patients depending on number of Providers in clinic.
Pros
Ochsner frequently shows appreciation to it's employees by hosting ice cream socials, free lunch (hamburgers and hot dogs) snow balls and Ochsner logo items.
Cons
30 mile round trip commute.
FUN WORK PLACE WITH SUPPORITIVE MANAGEMENT.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 22, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working along side my colleagues and learning from them.
Great CEO to talk to
Special Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LaSeptember 15, 2015
Great employees to work with, no more room for advancement. Wages weren't enough to survive, I needed additional employment to make ends meet. Relocated to Houston for better opportunities.
Pros
Great Staff
Cons
No job security
Call Center Catastrophe
PACS Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LouisianaSeptember 7, 2015
Inbound call center with very upbeat and supportive colleagues. Management can use a revamp. However this can become the case in an evergrowing environment who's leadership never changes to fit the needs of the department. I most loved my personal return out of the job, which was helping the patients directly and through the training I rendered to employees.
Pros
Benefits and compensation
Cons
Short lunches and micromanagement
WORSE JOB I'VE EVER HAD!
PRN Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 19, 2015
The first thing you'll notice is the lack of class and respect among majority of the employees, including supervisors. The work atmosphere was nothing like I have ever seen, I mean EVER seen. While the staff wasn't too busy being obnoxiously loud and using swear words they were usually occupied with starting mess inside the clique they've formed. The employees who are lazy and don't take their job seriously aren't ever reprimanded because the supervisors are too busy being scared of them or trying to become their friend, so the hard workers and decent people are usually left picking up another person's work load. The schedule is completely made to please the employees who have been there so be prepared to get the short end of the stick by always working PM shifts and hardly rotating weekends (even though they promise you won't while interviewing you). If you don't mind a hostile and unwelcoming environment then by all means, this is the place for you. If you are petty and childish you'll fit right in! If you're more on the mature side and like to work hard, stay out of drama and be able to work in an environment that allows you to hear yourself think then spare yourself the time and pass this one up.
Pros
free lunch, working 12 hours for a nice paycheck, helping patients
Cons
no discipline or structure, short breaks, childish environment
All about THEIR money and taking EVERY1 elses
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ochsner Main CampusAugust 15, 2015
By far, the worst hospital I have ever worked for:
1. LOW PAY (1, 3, and 5% isnt a raise in my book and to get 5% you better make every family member sick, admit them into the hospital and hope that surgery is needed)
2. NO CHANCE OF ADVANCEMENT (Hire outside of facility instead of promoting the hard workers busting their butts 40+ hrs a week)
3. MEDICAL BENEFITS SUCK (Dont get sick and visit the ER while at work. Your co pay will be $ 200.00
4. DONT CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES (if they did they would use their money and figure out why everyone is quitting instead of expanding the hospital by 6 floors and being extremely short staffed.
5. MANAGEMENT👎👎 (1 word explains it all...JOKE)
Pros
Happy hour @ Recovery Room Bar and Grille across the street (Your going to need it)
Cons
I could go on forever!
Great work place.
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2015
Great work place and awesome management. Opportunity for growth and flexibility in schedule. Benefits such as; health, life and dental. Employee Tuition Assistance Program.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
DO NOT APPLY TO WORK HERE
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 11, 2015
I worked here for several years. Management is horrible and refuse to even greet you in the morning and basically ignores you unless they want you to do a favor. High turnover, the Physicians are not even happy with management. Human Resources is extremely incompetent and do nothing to help you. You feel like you're all alone when issues arise. They hire managers from their fellows program who have had little or NO work experience. They do not know how to deal with a diverse organization. I regret the time I wasted working there! They like to brag about how they're a great place to work at, NOT TRUE!
Pros
Pay was ok, benefits can be better
Cons
Horrible management