Ochsner Health System Employee Reviews

Not enough staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAAugust 19, 2017
Learned alot. Staff very helpful when you weren't working with all agency nurses. If they paid better, people would stay as well as having working equipment. 8 nurses with 4 good Dynamap machines. Had to go to other floors to borrow working equipment.
Pros
Great for learning
Cons
Short staffed
n/a
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Current Employee) –  Laplace, LAAugust 18, 2017
great people to work for. the management works with you when you need time off there really isn't no hard part of my job I work my job I don't let me job work me
learning, fun
Certified Physician Coder-OBGYN (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 17, 2017
I accept challenges without hesitation and have gained a reputation for my ability to work efficiently within high-volume office operations. I possess a strong work ethic and thrive in an environment of growth and teamwork. I have a proven ability to work with the public and office managers. My philosophy is to be positive and supportive, detail-oriented, and constructive, in order to assist the organization in succeeding in its goals and objectives.
Pros
vacation time
great place to work
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 16, 2017
Management is always caring and considerate, I was able to start as a new nurse and excel, opportunities to grow always present themselves. I love the work culture
Career Preparation
House Supervisor/Patient Flow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70121August 16, 2017
Great leadership experience. Through Ochsner I have learned a tremendous amount to help me develop into a true nurse leader in a dynamic acute care setting.
big place to work
LPN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 15, 2017
I work 8 hour days, and I have learned about allergy. Management could be more supportive and protective of their staff. I enjoy the patients I work with in this system
Lacks diversity in managment
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAAugust 14, 2017
A great medical facility to work for but sometimes job advancement along with salary is limited. Also is tends to lack diversity in management and the pay scale is not based on experience.
Fun Place to Work, Very Large Hospital and Clinic
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 12, 2017
Ochsner was a great place to work. It was the largest hospital/clinic system I had ever worked for but it did allow me to promote up within the organization.
Great place to work and experience obtained unmatchable so far.
PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 12, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Ochsner Hospital Main Campus, New Orleans It was a rewarding experience on many levels and the personnel in the department was outstanding and a joy to work with.
Pros
Good supervisors/trainers
Cons
Close quarters not enough space
Manager (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 10, 2017
Great place to work. I felt connected to the executive leadership which was needed in our daily operations. I only left this facility due to a family move that was required.
Cooperative workplace
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Slidell, LAAugust 9, 2017
Very professional and cooperative team members. I enjoy working here and getting the experience needed for my future career. I would just like to find something closer to home.
Great employer
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LAAugust 7, 2017
Wonderful organization with a ton of learning opportunities to aid in professional growth. Great place to work and to build a knowledge base for future endeavors.
Productive workplace, pleasent work environment
Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Charles, LAAugust 6, 2017
The ER is very unpredictable, it can be very stressful at times. I find if you have a great team working by your side, it can make all the difference.
Pros
great management
Cons
late lunch
Great history and work culture
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 4, 2017
I have always loved working in the Ochsner Health System. Great ever evolving culture of people and a great learning opportunity. The greatest part of my job was my patients.
Pros
Great Coworkers
Cons
Reduced focus on patient satisfaction
eligible to transfer to other departments or locations
Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 3, 2017
parking is terrible get to work at least 15 minutes before your start time to walk from your car or take the shuttle bus.

bring a sweater because its always freezing but a typical day is ok

you must rate yourself and attend mandatory classes before you can be eligible for a raise or advancement
Pros
good benefits, cafeteria on site
Cons
parking is not close to office and always cold
It was productive, and a fun work place.
Dietary Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2017
You accumulate vacation hours which starts immediately but you can't use the time until you've worked 90 days and at the end of the year you could sell back your time.
Pros
Discount on meals
Cons
15 min breaks, differential pay, overtime
Learning environment
Nutrition Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jefferson Parish, LAAugust 2, 2017
Very rewarding work experience. Worked with many disease specific patients who greatly benefited from our interaction and care provided. Good team work in interesting location
Pros
fitness center
Cons
small work room
stimulating work place
Assistant Director, Outpatient Nutrition (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 2, 2017
Good place to learn more about medical field and to improve your professional skills. Diverse workforce in a teaching hospital provides employee with important work experiences
Pros
good work environment
Cons
low pay
Long hours no career advancement
SR HRIS/BENEFITS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJuly 31, 2017
Ochsner is very clickish. Long hours not much paid time off. Increases are very low. Salary is lower than market value. Increases for exceeding expectations are between 1-2 percent. 401K investment fully vested after 5 years.
Pros
health programs
Clerical/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LA 70121July 30, 2017
I really enjoyed working with this company. The staff was very caring and knowlegdeable about the responsibility of each person's job. If i needed to go into the hospital i would defenitely recommend Ochsner Hospital.
Pros
Caring Staff
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ochsner Health System. Our community is ready to answer.