Ochsner Health System

Ochsner Health System Employee Reviews

WORSE JOB I'VE EVER HAD!
PRN Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee), Kenner, LAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch, working 12 hours for a nice paycheck, helping patients
Cons: no discipline or structure, short breaks, childish environment
The first thing you'll notice is the lack of class and respect among majority of the employees, including supervisors. The work atmosphere was nothing like I have ever seen, I mean EVER seen. While the staff wasn't too busy being obnoxiously loud and using swear words they were usually occupied with starting mess inside the clique they've formed. The employees who are lazy and don't take their job seriously aren't ever reprimanded because the supervisors are too busy being scared of them or trying to become their friend, so the hard workers and decent people are usually left picking up another person's work load. The schedule is completely made to please the employees who have been there so be prepared to get the short end of the stick by always working PM shifts and hardly rotating weekends (even though they promise you won't while interviewing you). If you don't mind a hostile and unwelcoming environment then by all means, this is the place for you. If you are petty and childish you'll fit right in! If you're more on the mature side and like to work hard, stay out of drama and be able to work in an environment that allows you to hear yourself think then spare yourself the time and pass this one up.
All about THEIR money and taking EVERY1 elses
Technician (Current Employee), Ochsner Main CampusAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Happy hour @ Recovery Room Bar and Grille across the street (Your going to need it)
Cons: I could go on forever!
By far, the worst hospital I have ever worked for:
1. LOW PAY (1, 3, and 5% isnt a raise in my book and to get 5% you better make every family member sick, admit them into the hospital and hope that surgery is needed)
2. NO CHANCE OF ADVANCEMENT (Hire outside of facility instead of promoting the hard workers busting their butts 40+ hrs a week)
3. MEDICAL BENEFITS SUCK (Dont get sick and visit the ER while at work. Your co pay will be $ 200.00
4. DONT CARE ABOUT EMPLOYEES (if they did they would use their money and figure out why everyone is quitting instead of expanding the hospital by 6 floors and being extremely short staffed.
5. MANAGEMENT👎👎 (1 word explains it all...JOKE)
Great work place.
Registration Coordinator (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 13, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Great work place and awesome management. Opportunity for growth and flexibility in schedule. Benefits such as; health, life and dental. Employee Tuition Assistance Program.
DO NOT APPLY TO WORK HERE
Secretary (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Pay was ok, benefits can be better
Cons: Horrible management
I worked here for several years. Management is horrible and refuse to even greet you in the morning and basically ignores you unless they want you to do a favor. High turnover, the Physicians are not even happy with management. Human Resources is extremely incompetent and do nothing to help you. You feel like you're all alone when issues arise. They hire managers from their fellows program who have had little or NO work experience. They do not know how to deal with a diverse organization. I regret the time I wasted working there! They like to brag about how they're a great place to work at, NOT TRUE!
The worst place I've ever worked. Just wow...
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), New OrleansJuly 14, 2015
Pros: none just a job to pay the bills
Cons: poor management, no idea what's going on. horrible work policy and processes. Extremely high turnover.
Wow, my departments policies are soo old, convoluted and messed up. Ochsner is full of nepitism. Managers hire their friends and family. No one cares, I was told to just b.s. people to get them in the door. I don't want to give away my identify so I can't say to much. This place is a true mess, always was. I'm an employee and I don't even use their hospital. They're actually rated pretty low, check out the medicaid analysis. They blow a ton on marketing so you wouldn't expect it... They're turnover is crazy high no one stays. Also they pay is very low and good luck getting anymore. Just a bad place to work.. Hopefully I can get in the new LSU corridor..
love ochsner
Registration Receptionist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2015
everybody is friedly and welcoming. my work day is usely great. its a great place to work. i would recommend it to anybody who wants to find work
Would not recommend
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Luling LAJune 12, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Poor management, poor hiring of qualified employees, management says one thing and does another.
we were taken over by them and were rehired. Management is awful and nothing is done about issues affecting employees. Co-workers were great until new manager came in and ruined the team. Left there after 23 yrs due to Ochsner take over and poor management
Ochsner
RN (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaJune 8, 2015
Busy place to work, but tools provided to complete the job.
Great charting system that was integrated with patient past and present history.
Great place to work.
Senior Financial Analyst - Internal Transfer (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 26, 2015
The people are the best. Management is fantastic. The pay is adequate. Great Hospital that I am proud to be associated with.
HORRIBLE WORKPLACE
Revenue Cycle Rep 3 (Current Employee), Benson TowersMay 14, 2015
As the previous reviewer said, this is the worst job ever. Upper management does not know what it really means to have work ethic. Ochsner has a high turnover rate. It does not matter what department you work in, they are all horrible. I know people from various deparments and various locations and they all operate the same. NO COMMUNICATION,HIGH TURN OVER, UNREALISTIC GOALS (productivity), horrible pay for the amount of the work load,etc. I work in Hospital Revenue Cycle at Benson. If you make it there past two years you are doing great. It is so hard to advance there unless you are a kiss up (if you know what I mean). They will block you from further advancement. My co-workers are warm,caring, and more like a big family. Your GPT,sick,and vacation time are combined all into one. You only get a raise once a year and it's no more than 3%. Your merits isn't applied to your check until the next quarter. So if you start in July, your raise wont be on your check until the next quarter which is three months from July. Also, your raise is split amongst you and everyone else who started at the same time as you.
horrible place!!!!
Secretary (Current Employee), main campusMay 5, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
If you want a pay check you'll get that. All the overtime you want, high turnover lack of communication, managers suck! Ochsner is all about$$$$$:( nurses are lazy🙉! All they worry about is a body showing up for work. Was placed on corrective action when I spoke mind about how things we're ran. Not to mention was hoping of transferring was blocked. This is by far the worst job ever in my life but the company post about high quality care: ( this place is over rated....!
Terrible Employer!!
NP (Former Employee), Baton RougeMay 4, 2015
Pros: not much
Cons: management, poor nurse attitudes
Ochsner is a culture of poor management. Upper management has no clue how to treat employees. They are out of touch with reality and do not listen to your needs. They make decisions on their own without any input from staff. No respect for employees is why they have such a high turnover. This includes turnovers of Physicians, PAs, NPs, etc. Compensation, benefits, CME reimbursement etc is not even competitive. The Best thing I did was leave to work for another local hospital, Our lady of the lake.
Just mediocre
Revenue Cycle Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 25, 2015
Pros: none really, it's a big company
Cons: poor management, low compensation
I worked for this company for 4 years the worst years of my life!!! I watched hundreds of people leave this place over the years... It's a revolving door. Management is horrible across the board. My supervisor threatened me in FRONT OF THE DEPARTMENTS DIRCECTOR and he did nothing human resources did nothing .. They low ball compensation. Medical benefits are high and not that good.. Not a place to make a career out of...one year they only have us 1% raise claiming that was to make sure ppl didn't loose their jobs but brought 2 medical buildings rite after
Most unprofessional workplace
ER RN (Former Employee), Jefferson Hwy.April 22, 2015
Pros: has a Starbucks inside
Cons: short-staffed, nurses stretched very thinly and expected to take risky patient loads, no communication between staff and administration, endless bureaucracy
This was without a doubt the most awful professional experience of my working life. I worked at the main campus ER, where they were on their fifth director in six years. I needed a shift reassigned in order to move, and I contacted three different administrators to accomplish this. Got no response from any of them, so I ended up having to work the shift I desperately needed off. When I first started, my PALS was on the verge of expiring. I contacted every known administrator in desperation for the typical 90-day extension offered to new nurses, as their PALS certification class had already occurred during my first month there. Again, no response from anyone, so I was suspended at the end of my very first month of employment. Once I submitted my immediate resignation, there were then MULTIPLE people contacting me, offering the extension I needed for a month at that point, asking me to stay at the hospital. There was no way I was remaining with an organization with such obvious disregard for its employees. How this place has magnet status is inexplicable to me. I wouldn't recommend this hospital to my worst enemy.
Sponsored project during master's program
Graduate Student Project (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 15, 2015
Year long project that required many hours of working with raw data and developing a model to predict probability of a patient to show up in the Emergency Room
horrible people to work for
med tech (Former Employee), houma, laApril 4, 2015
Pros: night shift doesn't have to deal with the bs
Cons: Promise not kept, they like to work short staffed, and the pay is horrible
They promise the world and don't follow though. I was promise a new position within 5 months, 1.5 years later I'm gone from there with no new position. Benefits r too expensive and no Dr's close by that r in network. Good luck if u apply for this spot!!
terrible place for mid-level providers
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 2, 2015
Pros: gym
Cons: no work/life balance
This organization will promise you one thing and will deliver something completely different.
The job I applied for and was offered, was completely different then the actual job they wanted me to do.
I did not find out my true role until after orientation. At that time, I just did what they wanted me to.
I had worked for Ochsner in a different role prior to becoming a provider, and was very fond of the hospital.
I believe that the company is too big and they are more about the bottom line and their own needs at that particular time, then making sure patients and providers are both satisfied.
Great place
Sr Revenue Cycle Rep II/EPIC Superuser (Current Employee), Kenner, LADecember 5, 2014
It is a great job when it comes to coworkers. The health benefits are mediocre. I am not fond of the management overall.
fun productive place always room for advancement
Registration Receptionist Team Lead (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 4, 2014
loved ochsner until the cut backs. My 1st manager was so nice patient and kind, my the other one not so much.
productive and fast paced workplace with great people
Intern (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 16, 2014
Pros: you feel needed there
Cons: can't think of any
typical day consists of an early day confidential customer related paper work all day a typical 8-5 allied healthcare job.
interning here the staff has taught me how to use the EPIC system and the correct way to do correspondence.
the management here are very personable and makes time to talk to you.
the co-workers are very relatable people and they always greet you.
the hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the day
the most enjoyable part of the job is the people who work there
Headquarters