Ochsner Health System

Ochsner Health System Employee Reviews

The worst place I've ever worked. Just wow...
Human Resource Coordinator (Current Employee), New OrleansJuly 14, 2015
Pros: none just a job to pay the bills
Cons: poor management, no idea what's going on. horrible work policy and processes. Extremely high turnover.
Wow, my departments policies are soo old, convoluted and messed up. Ochsner is full of nepitism. Managers hire their friends and family. No one cares, I was told to just b.s. people to get them in the door. I don't want to give away my identify so I can't say to much. This place is a true mess, always was. I'm an employee and I don't even use their hospital. They're actually rated pretty low, check out the medicaid analysis. They blow a ton on marketing so you wouldn't expect it... They're turnover is crazy high no one stays. Also they pay is very low and good luck getting anymore. Just a bad place to work.. Hopefully I can get in the new LSU corridor..
love ochsner
Registration Receptionist (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJuly 10, 2015
everybody is friedly and welcoming. my work day is usely great. its a great place to work. i would recommend it to anybody who wants to find work
Would not recommend
Lab Supervisor (Former Employee), Luling LAJune 12, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Poor management, poor hiring of qualified employees, management says one thing and does another.
we were taken over by them and were rehired. Management is awful and nothing is done about issues affecting employees. Co-workers were great until new manager came in and ruined the team. Left there after 23 yrs due to Ochsner take over and poor management
Ochsner
RN (Former Employee), New Orleans, LaJune 8, 2015
Busy place to work, but tools provided to complete the job.
Great charting system that was integrated with patient past and present history.
Great place to work.
Senior Financial Analyst - Internal Transfer (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 26, 2015
The people are the best. Management is fantastic. The pay is adequate. Great Hospital that I am proud to be associated with.
HORRIBLE WORKPLACE
Revenue Cycle Rep 3 (Current Employee), Benson TowersMay 14, 2015
As the previous reviewer said, this is the worst job ever. Upper management does not know what it really means to have work ethic. Ochsner has a high turnover rate. It does not matter what department you work in, they are all horrible. I know people from various deparments and various locations and they all operate the same. NO COMMUNICATION,HIGH TURN OVER, UNREALISTIC GOALS (productivity), horrible pay for the amount of the work load,etc. I work in Hospital Revenue Cycle at Benson. If you make it there past two years you are doing great. It is so hard to advance there unless you are a kiss up (if you know what I mean). They will block you from further advancement. My co-workers are warm,caring, and more like a big family. Your GPT,sick,and vacation time are combined all into one. You only get a raise once a year and it's no more than 3%. Your merits isn't applied to your check until the next quarter. So if you start in July, your raise wont be on your check until the next quarter which is three months from July. Also, your raise is split amongst you and everyone else who started at the same time as you.
horrible place!!!!
Secretary (Current Employee), main campusMay 5, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
If you want a pay check you'll get that. All the overtime you want, high turnover lack of communication, managers suck! Ochsner is all about$$$$$:( nurses are lazy🙉! All they worry about is a body showing up for work. Was placed on corrective action when I spoke mind about how things we're ran. Not to mention was hoping of transferring was blocked. This is by far the worst job ever in my life but the company post about high quality care: ( this place is over rated....!
Terrible Employer!!
NP (Former Employee), Baton RougeMay 4, 2015
Pros: not much
Cons: management, poor nurse attitudes
Ochsner is a culture of poor management. Upper management has no clue how to treat employees. They are out of touch with reality and do not listen to your needs. They make decisions on their own without any input from staff. No respect for employees is why they have such a high turnover. This includes turnovers of Physicians, PAs, NPs, etc. Compensation, benefits, CME reimbursement etc is not even competitive. The Best thing I did was leave to work for another local hospital, Our lady of the lake.
Just mediocre
Revenue Cycle Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 25, 2015
Pros: none really, it's a big company
Cons: poor management, low compensation
I worked for this company for 4 years the worst years of my life!!! I watched hundreds of people leave this place over the years... It's a revolving door. Management is horrible across the board. My supervisor threatened me in FRONT OF THE DEPARTMENTS DIRCECTOR and he did nothing human resources did nothing .. They low ball compensation. Medical benefits are high and not that good.. Not a place to make a career out of...one year they only have us 1% raise claiming that was to make sure ppl didn't loose their jobs but brought 2 medical buildings rite after
Most unprofessional workplace
ER RN (Former Employee), Jefferson Hwy.April 22, 2015
Pros: has a Starbucks inside
Cons: short-staffed, nurses stretched very thinly and expected to take risky patient loads, no communication between staff and administration, endless bureaucracy
This was without a doubt the most awful professional experience of my working life. I worked at the main campus ER, where they were on their fifth director in six years. I needed a shift reassigned in order to move, and I contacted three different administrators to accomplish this. Got no response from any of them, so I ended up having to work the shift I desperately needed off. When I first started, my PALS was on the verge of expiring. I contacted every known administrator in desperation for the typical 90-day extension offered to new nurses, as their PALS certification class had already occurred during my first month there. Again, no response from anyone, so I was suspended at the end of my very first month of employment. Once I submitted my immediate resignation, there were then MULTIPLE people contacting me, offering the extension I needed for a month at that point, asking me to stay at the hospital. There was no way I was remaining with an organization with such obvious disregard for its employees. How this place has magnet status is inexplicable to me. I wouldn't recommend this hospital to my worst enemy.
Sponsored project during master's program
Graduate Student Project (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 15, 2015
Year long project that required many hours of working with raw data and developing a model to predict probability of a patient to show up in the Emergency Room
horrible people to work for
med tech (Former Employee), houma, laApril 4, 2015
Pros: night shift doesn't have to deal with the bs
Cons: Promise not kept, they like to work short staffed, and the pay is horrible
They promise the world and don't follow though. I was promise a new position within 5 months, 1.5 years later I'm gone from there with no new position. Benefits r too expensive and no Dr's close by that r in network. Good luck if u apply for this spot!!
terrible place for mid-level providers
Physician Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 2, 2015
Pros: gym
Cons: no work/life balance
This organization will promise you one thing and will deliver something completely different.
The job I applied for and was offered, was completely different then the actual job they wanted me to do.
I did not find out my true role until after orientation. At that time, I just did what they wanted me to.
I had worked for Ochsner in a different role prior to becoming a provider, and was very fond of the hospital.
I believe that the company is too big and they are more about the bottom line and their own needs at that particular time, then making sure patients and providers are both satisfied.
Great place
Sr Revenue Cycle Rep II/EPIC Superuser (Current Employee), Kenner, LADecember 5, 2014
It is a great job when it comes to coworkers. The health benefits are mediocre. I am not fond of the management overall.
fun productive place always room for advancement
Registration Receptionist Team Lead (Former Employee), New Orleans, LADecember 4, 2014
loved ochsner until the cut backs. My 1st manager was so nice patient and kind, my the other one not so much.
productive and fast paced workplace with great people
Intern (Former Employee), New Orleans, LANovember 16, 2014
Pros: you feel needed there
Cons: can't think of any
typical day consists of an early day confidential customer related paper work all day a typical 8-5 allied healthcare job.
interning here the staff has taught me how to use the EPIC system and the correct way to do correspondence.
the management here are very personable and makes time to talk to you.
the co-workers are very relatable people and they always greet you.
the hardest part of the job is leaving at the end of the day
the most enjoyable part of the job is the people who work there
HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK
KITCHEN (Former Employee), SLIDELLOctober 21, 2014
THE SLIDELL CAMPUS IS HORRIBLE. SODEXO IS NO BETTER. THE WORKERS IN THE KITCHEN ARE LAZY, SOMEONE ALWAYS CALLS IN AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK. THE WORKERS IN THE KITCHEN ARE NOSEY, RUDE, AND MESSY. THE QUALITY OF THE FOOD REFLECTS THE WORKERS.
Terrible place to work...
Surgery Personnel (Former Employee), Ochsner Main CampusOctober 1, 2014
Pros: my former team members were top-notch.
Cons: paycheck, treatment of management or lack there of, scheduling issues, instruments were not up to par, etc.
I worked there for about a year and upper management has quit along with over 30 other employees since May 2014. The charge nurses are a joke and only care about who they happen to like that particular day. The hours are ridiculous; your schedule is never the same from week to week.

You're constantly on-call for services you were NEVER properly trained to do. Yes, I get that you learn on the job but when it gets to the point where you're on one specialty team but called out for another totally different team or you're FORCED NOT ASKED TO STAY when you're not on-call due to staffing issues is just crazy.

15 minute breaks are nonexistent for some staff members and lunch breaks, well....let's hope the charge nurse is your friend that day or you will NOT get one, nope not at all. Oh and it's YOUR FAULT! COMPLETELY YOUR FAULT, you notify them of this mistake and it's not something that is important to them, nope, not at all.

Instruments are faulty and need repairing or replacement; yet, no one seems to think it's a priority. What about the safety of the patients? Hmmm...

I would advise anyone, who maybe thinking of applying here, to try some where else first. Let this be your very last resort!!! Take your skills and experience to a place that actually cares about their employees and wants to provide them with a safe working environment.
n/a
Revenue Cycle Senior Representative (Current Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 29, 2014
• Conduct/assess financial processes to ensure fiscal accuracy for commercial loan, renewal, charge-off account advance processing initiatives. Perform comprehensive account transactions and reconciliations and document transaction history by creating the customer commercial record. Maintain/update commitments, indirect liabilities, commercial loan audits, as well as commercial loan collateral maintenance.
• Assisted The Genesis technical team (Computer Programmers) with the implementation of banking programs (SilverLake Systems), software and debugging that was beneficial to the financial institution.
• Perform technical duties within the department that the help desk had in queue.
• Ability to provide first-level support for hardware, software or peripheral equipment
• Helped team members’ trouble shoot minor problems within the department
• Kept inventory of all the computers that were located in the department
• Call vendors and order supplies that were in need.
• Handles an average of 300 maintenance requests monthly that are received by mail, email, fax, phone and by
the TOOLS request system. Responsible to research and analyze requests verifying it as valid and within scope of authority. Then process requests received within the departmental established Service Level Agreements. This includes but is not limited changes to loan customer information, billing, billing disputes, credit reporting, loan coding, product and collateral data, payment posting corrections, verifying system calculations and creating loan amortizations, and waiving fees or interest
• Responsible for follow up communication on maintenance requests, and informing Service Manager daily of any
unresolved request(s)
Good
Security Officer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, La.September 27, 2014
Pros: discount meals
Cons: dealing with stuck up employees.
A typical day at includes but not limited to, assisting visitors/patients to ER or appropriate room, assisting nursing staff with irate patient/visitors, mingling with visitors and patients, conducting security rounds of hospital and grounds.

1 2 3 4

About Ochsner Health System

Ochsner Health System is southeast Louisiana’s largest non-profit, academic, multi-specialty, healthcare delivery system – Read more

Ochsner Health System Salaries