Ochsner Health System Employee Reviews

productive workplace
Intensive Care Staff RN (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 16, 2018
2:1 nurse patient ratio. 12 bed unit. Different patient population throughout the year. renal patients, resp distress, titrating drips, help manage intubated patients. worked 12 hour shifts for 36hr/week.

Good moral on the unit. It is stressful at times but we colaborate well with each other. Worked nights, so no physician available; we utilize eICU.
productive, patient care is 100%
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 16, 2018
Excellent care for patients, benefits are great. environment is fun and wanting to come to work is a great feeling. Low pay, not much of a difference for a raise
Good team environment on the units and career advancment depends on what division you work in. Some departments have better opportunities than others
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 15, 2018
Good team members to work with and learn from. Multiple locations in the organization. Most enjoyable part of job is interacting with patients and families.
Pros
Culture is team oriented
Cons
expensive benefits
The best place to work
Dietary Clerk/ Dietary Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 14, 2018
A typical day at work is always pleasant. Great team I work with and everybody has a great relationship on the unit. Great Boss who shows compassion the best.
Not always a good work environment
Ochsner Home Medical Equipment (Former Employee) –  Jefferson LouisianaJanuary 12, 2018
The more Ochsner buys and expands their employees pay the price. Complete lack of good quality leadership in some departments. Employees are expected to work the workload of 2 to 3 people and still be productive. The more you do to help the more they expect of you. It's almost impossible to get a decent pay raise if any at all no matter how hard you work. They don't have a good checks and balance system in place to assure good managers and leadership across the system. They only look at the dollar sign in what some departments make, but fail to care about why that department has an extremely high turn over rate with their employees. Some supervisors and managers could careless if your trained property or not, then they grade you on things you weren't taught on your evaluations.
Pros
Insurance good as long as you see Ochsner Doctor's
Cons
All employees are treated as an employee #, lack of good leadership, lack of proper training on what's expected of you.
Great place to learn as a student.
Nurse Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 11, 2018
Worked on NICU/PICU as a student RN Tech. Collaborative work environment. Learned a great deal and enjoyed working with the nurses. Well managed units.
it's great, and a great facility to work at
HIM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 8, 2018
typical day is patient care as long as ive done my job taking care of the patients ive accomplished just that my job

i enjoy my job and working for ochsner, its a great coming
Pros
shuttle bus
Cons
lunch isn't long enough
Productive, fast -paced, friendly staff
Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LA 70115January 5, 2018
I enjoy working at Ochsner very much. I just don't like the pay. The staff is very friendly and it's a great place to work. There is plenty opportunity for growth.
Hard work without fair compensation and/or loyalty from administration
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJanuary 4, 2018
Great people work for this company, however administration only see who and what they want to see. Nursing Units are staffed inadequately majority of the time and are often ran by those who have never been on the unit or it's been so long that they have forgotten what it's like
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Staffing is an issue as well as loyalty
a day at Ochsner
Registered Nurse, Staff RN step down unit. (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJanuary 1, 2018
Working with a great team on the Transplant step down unit. taking care of patient eigher coming in for a transplant, heart, liver, kidney transplant. Caring of patient and family assisting pt. and family with answers to all questions they may have for the transplant team. Working with Doctors and interns to make a easy transition into the hospital and to return home. registering patient's inserting iv's drawing blood, then reporting any abnormal values to the physicians and writting all orders given by the physicins. Receiving patient's from transplant ccu unit an icu monitoring urine out put very closely for new kidney transplant patient's. This is a fine tuned Machiene.
Pros
a fine tuned Machiene.
Cons
was a long way to drive home.
Poor management
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LADecember 31, 2017
I’m not happy with the way manegnent treats people. do not believe in empolyes hanging out with the boss on the weekends does not make for a good work inveriment with other employes. Do not feel you could talk to your boss about employes if they are best friends with them.
med surg
Certified Nursing Assistant/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 27, 2017
real nice clean place to work, and the co workers were awesome. Took care of surgery patients. Nursed them back to health. the hardest part of working there, is when a patient die, it is very heartbreaking.
Great work culture
RN Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ochsner BaptistDecember 26, 2017
I am employed at Ochsner Baptist. I enjoy the family environment among my co- workers. We work great as a team and of course our patient experience scores reflect that! Ochsner has many oppurtunities for advancement . If you have great work ethic, drive and determination- the sky is the limit!!!
Pros
Nursing clinical ladder
N/a
Staff RN/ Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 22, 2017
Management sucks, it's all in who you know and not who best qualifies for the job. The evaluations are bias for employees. Soley based on rather the leadership likes you or not
A typical day in the ER
Patient Access Rep (Current Employee) –  Plaquemine, LADecember 21, 2017
I clock in and go to registration to wipe down my area with sanitizing wipes to kill any germs. I log into my computer and all of my insurance websites that are used to verify patient insurance. I check in patients, verify current information, ID's and insurance. Take photos for identification and collect co-pays and money towards deductibles.
The hardest part of my job is seeing people in pain or crying. The most enjoyable part of my job is when patients come out feeling better and are smiling. I have wonderful coworkers, of course there is always one exception. My supervisors are good, directors are great, my VP is excellent, but my manager not so much.
Pros
Love the job, people, experience and most coworkers
Cons
manager, no PTO working full time hours
very good fellow employees
weekend cat scan tech (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 14, 2017
everyone worked good as a team, enjoyed taking care of patients drs where good as well,benefits where good, would like to have a job closer to home, would recommend
Pros
good co workers
Cons
less than par management
Great jumpstart to career
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LADecember 13, 2017
Inexperienced management, division in department high turnover ratio unfavorable job promotions easy to get comfortable flexible paid holiday low pay fun
Benefits
Cons
Babysitters for managers
workplace
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 13, 2017
when i move back to new orleans i was working at a diff hos then i got hired at ochsner wow what a place to work i been here 2 yrs and i love it i hope to stay here to i retire the work place is great i would not work any place else if you have a chance too work here try it i bet u will love it
Great place to work/ Need better Management
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 12, 2017
Ochsner is a great place to work. But to many great employees are let go for things that aren't bad, and saddens me. I enjoyed working there, and I do miss it!! Greatly!!
Pros
Cons
Management is Bad/ firing good employees
cool place to work
Patient Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Gretna, LADecember 8, 2017
I've learned alot, they do have alot to offer the pay and raise could be much better since they are buying every thing around New Orleans. Management love to give us jobs they won't do.
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
we have to pay for healthcare as well

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ochsner Health System. Our community is ready to answer.