Ochsner Health Systems

Ochsner Health Systems Employer Reviews

Fantastic company to work for
Clinical Trainer (Former Employee), New Orleans LASeptember 8, 2014
Fantastic company to work for, always looking out for their employees
Diverse, cutting edge medical facility with patient centered beliefs. Overall, a great organization to work for.
Information Systems Clinical Trainer (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 23, 2014
Pros: patient centered, technologically advanced, and diverse.
Cons: health insurance is extremely expensive, you can not transfer from position if less than a year employed, current managers are alerted if you apply for a job in another department.
N/A
N/A (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 27, 2014
Pros: hours of operation, patients
Cons: healthcare expense for employees, communication
Overall the hours are great, just lacks with with communication and attitudes with workers are not the best.
great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), NorthshoreJune 13, 2014
wonderful and pleasant place to work willing to train and work with you to help enjoy your work day
Enjoyable job
Patient Account Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 5, 2014
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: management
Ochsner is a reputable organization but not all departments run on the same ethics that the company tries to instill. Upper Management in the PACS department lacks the people skills and empathy to run that department. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the patients with their concerns and knowing that at the end of the call you have helped – more... a patient feel more confident that Ochsner care about them. Hardest part of the job is management making employees feel browbeaten. The coworkers work EXREMELY WELL together and are ALWAYS helping and uplifting each other. – less
Fun place to work, always learning new things
Revenue Cycle Representative (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 16, 2014
I start my day off by entering and prioritizing my assigned work queue. There are always new things to learn when dealing with various insurance companies. Management and co-workers are kind and always willing to offer help and ideas.
Great place to work!!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: friendship and loyalty
Cons: none.
Going in to work was as though I was going to a social event. Many friends made here.
I enjoyed solving problems and interacting with medical staff. When you are working and have one goal in mind, the patient's welfare, then your going to be a team player with everyone. I don't believe any task is too big or too small when everyone is on the same page...everything – more... is important. Having a positive attitude walking in to a task is a good thing!!! No matter what is going around, there is a way to look at a task and a way to not look at it. This is always going to be a choice; it's easier when one chooses to see a positive outcome and just go with it. – less
Ochsner
Revenue Cycle Rep (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAMarch 12, 2014
I love working a OChsner over the years I have had some challenges that I feel their HR policies were bias or unfair but all in all it was a nice place to work
Great place to work.
Nurse Tech (Former Employee), Gretna, LAJanuary 7, 2014
Enjoyed working for the company. A typical day at the job was fast-paced and fun. The benefits are great, as well as the incentives.
Good experience,
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Harahan, LANovember 1, 2013
Working at Ochsner Skilled Nursing facility was an knowledgeable experience. I really learned that communication is the most important part of any job, but when dealing with patients, is very important. It takes the whole hospital to work as one.
Great company.
Medical Assistant II/ receptionist (Current Employee), Hammond, LASeptember 16, 2013
Great company with great workers. the experience I gain while working was wonderful.
I also had great co workers that worked as a team.
N/A (Current Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 15, 2013
Great place to work, they give you the tools to be successful.
Very productive and great learning environment
Licensed Practical Nurse - Oncology, Med-Surg (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2013
Pros: patient interaction and monthly staff meetings
Cons: n/a
Management provide independence to nurses. Everyday entails patient care, some patients are critical than others. I enjoy interacting with my patients and getting to know the.
good place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Jefferson, LAJune 19, 2013
Pros: good company values
Cons: very large organization, nothing happens fast
Ochsner has developed a culture of employees who treat each other with respect and have a strong commitment to patient care.
Enjoy working with people
Security Officer (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAMay 14, 2013
Enforcing Ochsner rules and regulations, responding to alarms and calls for assistance, patrolling grounds and floors, answering telephone, making daily log of all activities. Management is great. I have learned and become a more personable employee, dealing with all types of people.
Not a fan.
Data Specialist & Administrative Support (Former Employee), Jefferson, LAApril 17, 2013
Ochsner was tough. Managament always expected people to jumo through hoops. I liked the people I worked with, but the managers were had to get along with.
One of the Top Hospitals in the United States
Coder II/Abstractor (Current Employee), New Orleans, LASeptember 30, 2012
Pros: friendly, respectable physicians
Cons: short staffing
A typical day at work is abstracting info from operative reports and entering diagnostic/procedureal codes into the billing system, answering e-mails, phone calls and physician request. I require minimum supervision. The hardest part of my job is prioritizing my many work duties, due to the lack of staffing. The most enjoyable part of my job is my the – more... daily interaction with my physicians and the clinical staff; learning from them is the best part of my job. – less
Great Place To Work
EPIC Patient Liaison (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAAugust 24, 2012
I love being apart of this company. It is a place of growth and advancment.
Connecting Patients to healthcare
Centralized Appointment Scheduler (Current Employee), Kenner, LAJuly 23, 2012
Work day varies, could be very fast paced or very laid back just depends.
Its a great job
My coworkers are fun and very helpful.
Experinced Medical Professional Seeks Opportunity
HIM Coordinator III (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 27, 2012
-My typical day at work revoles around my patients. In my current capacity I do not work directly with patient care but I do get to deal with patients when it comes to filing disability claims anf FMLA request.
-I believe each patient has something to offer that you can learn from on a daily basis.
-The hardest part of my current position is seeing – more... a patient who has been through a lot medically (multiple surgeries, hospice related care issues). There sometimes isn't enough words to express how you feel in these circumstances.
-Easily the most enjoyable part of my current position is knowing that I help the patient recieve disability benefits for a legitimate disability. – less