Ochsner Health Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Patients were a pleasure to work with
Ophthalmic Technician (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 8, 2015
I loved the patients, poor management. Most of the staff was great to with. I had been in private practice before working here, and I found the institution to be very political.
Decent company
Instrument Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, LAMay 28, 2015
Decent company to work for.
Pay is not at the national standard.
I am not managed by the company.
Most co-workers in the sterile processing department are not qualified for the job duties entailed and do not understand the importance of how their job greatly impacts patient care.
Ochsner owns Louisiana but is it worth its name in the community?
HR (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMay 20, 2015
Bureaucracy and Politics are thick at this organization. In my role and with my experience, skillset andresponsibilities, I was paid more than $20K per year under market value, according to the Louisiana Workforce Commission's marketplace salary data. You will not find a better culture (specifically Baptist Hospital) and quality patient care is of the utmost importance. The organization is slow to get anything accomplished administratively and some of its policies are too rigid for the culture of the community that it serves.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Notoriety, Locations
Cons
Political, Bureaucratic, Low Salaries
It is a a wonderful learning facility.
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 12, 2015
My day begins at 7:00AM and can last until 5:00 PM. There are frequently no lunch breaks because this is valuable time for documentation of care plans. Time-off is rare and flex days are extremely difficult to move. The most enjoyable part of the job are the interesting patients we care for and educate.
Pros
Very productive facility
Cons
Lunch meetings/extra hours/weekend mandatory
great place to work and excel
Food Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  jefferson,la.December 1, 2014
Ochsner was a great company to work for, their food service department is family oriented and very close. I enjoyed working with patients and employees. I also enjoyed educating employees at all stages and motivating them to excel in their future endeavors.
benefits
Cons
morale
Fantastic company to work for
Clinical Trainer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans LASeptember 8, 2014
Fantastic company to work for, always looking out for their employees
Diverse, cutting edge medical facility with patient centered beliefs. Overall, a great organization to work for.
Information Systems Clinical Trainer (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 23, 2014
Pros
patient centered, technologically advanced, and diverse.
Cons
health insurance is extremely expensive, you can not transfer from position if less than a year employed, current managers are alerted if you apply for a job in another department.
N/a
N/A (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 27, 2014
Overall the hours are great, just lacks with with communication and attitudes with workers are not the best.
Pros
hours of operation, patients
Cons
healthcare expense for employees, communication
great
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  NorthshoreJune 13, 2014
wonderful and pleasant place to work willing to train and work with you to help enjoy your work day
Enjoyable job
Patient Account Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 5, 2014
Ochsner is a reputable organization but not all departments run on the same ethics that the company tries to instill. Upper Management in the PACS department lacks the people skills and empathy to run that department. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting the patients with their concerns and knowing that at the end of the call you have helped a patient feel more confident that Ochsner care about them. Hardest part of the job is management making employees feel browbeaten. The coworkers work EXREMELY WELL together and are ALWAYS helping and uplifting each other.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
management
Fun place to work, always learning new things
Revenue Cycle Representative (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 16, 2014
I start my day off by entering and prioritizing my assigned work queue. There are always new things to learn when dealing with various insurance companies. Management and co-workers are kind and always willing to offer help and ideas.
Great place to work!!
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 13, 2014
Going in to work was as though I was going to a social event. Many friends made here.
I enjoyed solving problems and interacting with medical staff. When you are working and have one goal in mind, the patient's welfare, then your going to be a team player with everyone. I don't believe any task is too big or too small when everyone is on the same page...everything is important. Having a positive attitude walking in to a task is a good thing!!! No matter what is going around, there is a way to look at a task and a way to not look at it. This is always going to be a choice; it's easier when one chooses to see a positive outcome and just go with it.
Pros
friendship and loyalty
Cons
none.
Ochsner
Revenue Cycle Rep (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 12, 2014
I love working a OChsner over the years I have had some challenges that I feel their HR policies were bias or unfair but all in all it was a nice place to work
Great place to work.
Nurse Tech (Former Employee) –  Gretna, LAJanuary 7, 2014
Enjoyed working for the company. A typical day at the job was fast-paced and fun. The benefits are great, as well as the incentives.
Good experience,
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Harahan, LANovember 1, 2013
Working at Ochsner Skilled Nursing facility was an knowledgeable experience. I really learned that communication is the most important part of any job, but when dealing with patients, is very important. It takes the whole hospital to work as one.
Great company.
Medical Assistant II/ receptionist (Current Employee) –  Hammond, LASeptember 16, 2013
Great company with great workers. the experience I gain while working was wonderful.
I also had great co workers that worked as a team.
N/A (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 15, 2013
Great place to work, they give you the tools to be successful.
Very productive and great learning environment
Licensed Practical Nurse - Oncology, Med-Surg (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 21, 2013
Management provide independence to nurses. Everyday entails patient care, some patients are critical than others. I enjoy interacting with my patients and getting to know the.
Pros
patient interaction and monthly staff meetings
Cons
n/a
good place to work
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jefferson, LAJune 19, 2013
Ochsner has developed a culture of employees who treat each other with respect and have a strong commitment to patient care.
Pros
good company values
Cons
very large organization, nothing happens fast
Enjoy working with people
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 14, 2013
Enforcing Ochsner rules and regulations, responding to alarms and calls for assistance, patrolling grounds and floors, answering telephone, making daily log of all activities. Management is great. I have learned and become a more personable employee, dealing with all types of people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ochsner Health Systems. Our community is ready to answer.