Oconee Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

productive and very friendly work place
Doctor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 25, 2016
working here at oconee family center you and see a lot . you have to be very productive at what you do . I love this job .the staff is very friendly and well trained
friendly and family orientated workplace
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GADecember 7, 2015
Family friendly workplace. All staff work together and we aim to please and make the customers and their families feel comfortable.
Other than the financial situation, it's a good place to work
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 26, 2015
The best part of the job is shift of hours that I work, the job I do, my co-workers are great, over all it is a great place to work other than the financial situation.
Pros
shift of hours worked and job itself
Cons
financial situation and possible layoffs
Poor management
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GeorgiaOctober 25, 2015
Unfairness in the work area, partiality was shown, Some employees were not held accountable for their work, at that time it would just be handed off to a person that always completed their work. Management started not caring. CEO and CFO resigned, Board members resigned, it was fighting between the board and the physicians in the community.
Pros
I love my work; billing, collecting and working with the public
Cons
Very stressful enviroment
Great enviornment to work in.
Registration (Former Employee) –  MilledgevilleAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work was come in and start paperwork. Register all the patients in the ER and get all of their information. I learned how to use their computer and filing system. I did not deal with that much management other than the Supervisor over the Administration Department. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the sick patients. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
Productive and fun workplace
Speech Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 19, 2015
I did a internship at Oconee Regional and the workplace was productive and educational. I learned many new and innovative concepts that will help me achieve my future career goals.
Great place to learn
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 30, 2015
This is a great place to learn and grow. Business office staff are personable, pleasant, knowledgeable, and eager to help others learn and succeed.
A typical day at work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 29, 2015
Collected blood using venipuncture technique on neonates, adolescents, adults and geriatrics. Properly disposed of all samples and tools used in processing the specimen.Properly identified each patient, label and delivered samples to the lab while maintaining specimen integrity.
Job Review
Hostess/Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 27, 2015
ORMC is a good place to work. I think that right now, people aren't too sure of their job security. Before everything, I was really happy about working there. I just need something that is stable to provide for my family.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Job Security
Needs a change
Technician (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 3, 2015
I miss the way this hospital use to feel. Before I felt like I was a part of a team, I have been reduced to a number. I understand times are hard but I haven't had a raise in 5 years. I have bills too! I hope that ORMC is bought by a hospital that understands how to manage itself and makes the necessary changes. I hate that I am even looking for another job but again, no raise in 5 years.
Cons
No raises.
Not enjoyable
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 9, 2015
The work is very demanding and long hours. There is not a lot of support from management on any level. Co-workers are as overworked as you are during a sift, therefore can be of little help. The hardest part of the job is not feeling like you are making any difference in your patients life because of workload.
Want to join your team
Dietary Cook/Aide (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 10, 2015
I would really like it if I could get on your team, and show my talent in cooking, and other field. the hostipal is a great place to work, but I would like to work on your team.
Great place to gain experience.
PATIENT ACCESS REP (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GANovember 11, 2014
I worked 12 hour shifts. I had the opportunity to work under great management. I was able to learn a lot about the healthcare industry. While working there I gained friendships that still impact my day to day life. During my time there as a registrar, I was able to become more familiar with insurance policies and procedures. This has helped me in more ways than one, even outside of working in the field. There was not really any hard part of the job. If I had to say so, it probably would be dealing with all the insurance changes. I enjoyed my job a lot and I appreciate all things that carried away from it.
Pros
Paid vacation, Free holiday meals, Gained insurance knowledge, Made life time friends
Cons
There were times that I worked from 7pm until 7am. During these times, you could only take a break if it was slow, and most times it was not slow.
Family like environment
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 28, 2014
Oconee Regional is a nice family like hospital in a small town.
Great co-workers that are dependable.
Unit Secretary and Emergency Dept. Technician (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 25, 2014
Start at 7am. Stock all rooms in the ER. Order any supplies needed for the ER. Enter patients and their information as they come in the ER. documenting all patient care into the computer. Transport patients to and from other departments as needed. Arrange transfers for patients. Helping patients with available resources that they may not know of.
I enjoyed working with the patients as well as their families. It is my experience that sometimes Healthcare workers forget that the families are a big part of the patients care. They need to be educated about the care of the patient as well as the patient.
Pros
Being able to help people and take the time to be there for them when they really need someone.
Cons
Not having enough time to spend with the patients due to the work load of the ER.
Constant Work, but with Fun Employees
File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 6, 2014
It was your typical office job. I filed records and pulled them for doctors as needed. There was no pay since it was a volunteer job, but i did get free lunches and snacks. The employees were fun to be around and talk to.
Pros
Free lunches, Easy work
Cons
Repetitive work, No pay
Hospital facility
ORDERLY (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 6, 2014
Reported to work at 7am-3pm, to hospital floor assigned for that particular day. Performed my duties as the hospital orderly. I work in a number of settings throughout the hospital.
Pros
Gaining experience in every department assigned
Cons
Not staying in one specific area
Fun
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 25, 2014
Great place, friendly work with you on your schedule. good benefits.
its a job
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 13, 2014
top heavy management while the clinical staff all have hours cut, none of the administration is missing a paycheck
Team Player and Team Leadr
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 12, 2014
I am an dependable and a hard worker. I get along well with others. I am a Team-Leader as well as Team Player.
Pros
Getting to meet new peple, new ideas and goals
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Oconee Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Oconee Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location