Oconee Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

Poor management
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GeorgiaOctober 25, 2015
Unfairness in the work area, partiality was shown, Some employees were not held accountable for their work, at that time it would just be handed off to a person that always completed their work. Management started not caring. CEO and CFO resigned, Board members resigned, it was fighting between the board and the physicians in the community.
Pros
I love my work; billing, collecting and working with the public
Cons
Very stressful enviroment
Other than the financial situation, it's a good place to work
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAOctober 26, 2015
The best part of the job is shift of hours that I work, the job I do, my co-workers are great, over all it is a great place to work other than the financial situation.
Pros
shift of hours worked and job itself
Cons
financial situation and possible layoffs
Great enviornment to work in.
Registration (Former Employee) –  MilledgevilleAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work was come in and start paperwork. Register all the patients in the ER and get all of their information. I learned how to use their computer and filing system. I did not deal with that much management other than the Supervisor over the Administration Department. The hardest part of the job was dealing with all the sick patients. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people.
A typical day at work
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 29, 2015
Collected blood using venipuncture technique on neonates, adolescents, adults and geriatrics. Properly disposed of all samples and tools used in processing the specimen.Properly identified each patient, label and delivered samples to the lab while maintaining specimen integrity.
Productive and fun workplace
Speech Therapist Intern (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 19, 2015
I did a internship at Oconee Regional and the workplace was productive and educational. I learned many new and innovative concepts that will help me achieve my future career goals.
Needs a change
Technician (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 3, 2015
I miss the way this hospital use to feel. Before I felt like I was a part of a team, I have been reduced to a number. I understand times are hard but I haven't had a raise in 5 years. I have bills too! I hope that ORMC is bought by a hospital that understands how to manage itself and makes the necessary changes. I hate that I am even looking for another job but again, no raise in 5 years.
Cons
No raises.
Job Review
Hostess/Dietary Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 27, 2015
ORMC is a good place to work. I think that right now, people aren't too sure of their job security. Before everything, I was really happy about working there. I just need something that is stable to provide for my family.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Job Security
Great place to learn
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 30, 2015
This is a great place to learn and grow. Business office staff are personable, pleasant, knowledgeable, and eager to help others learn and succeed.
Not enjoyable
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 9, 2015
The work is very demanding and long hours. There is not a lot of support from management on any level. Co-workers are as overworked as you are during a sift, therefore can be of little help. The hardest part of the job is not feeling like you are making any difference in your patients life because of workload.
Great place to gain experience.
PATIENT ACCESS REP (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GANovember 11, 2014
I worked 12 hour shifts. I had the opportunity to work under great management. I was able to learn a lot about the healthcare industry. While working there I gained friendships that still impact my day to day life. During my time there as a registrar, I was able to become more familiar with insurance policies and procedures. This has helped me in more ways than one, even outside of working in the field. There was not really any hard part of the job. If I had to say so, it probably would be dealing with all the insurance changes. I enjoyed my job a lot and I appreciate all things that carried away from it.
Pros
paid vacation, free holiday meals, gained insurance knowledge, made life time friends
Cons
there were times that i worked from 7pm until 7am. during these times, you could only take a break if it was slow, and most times it was not slow.
Great co-workers that are dependable.
Unit Secretary and Emergency Dept. Technician (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 25, 2014
Start at 7am. Stock all rooms in the ER. Order any supplies needed for the ER. Enter patients and their information as they come in the ER. documenting all patient care into the computer. Transport patients to and from other departments as needed. Arrange transfers for patients. Helping patients with available resources that they may not know of.
I enjoyed working with the patients as well as their families. It is my experience that sometimes Healthcare workers forget that the families are a big part of the patients care. They need to be educated about the care of the patient as well as the patient.
Pros
being able to help people and take the time to be there for them when they really need someone.
Cons
not having enough time to spend with the patients due to the work load of the er.
poor team work, poor management, poor customer service
RB (Current Employee) –  Telemetry floor, 4 PTFebruary 11, 2012
This company is one of the worse place that I have been working with. It only care about the penny, not the employee or the customer. It has bad teamwork and poor management. There are only two over-house supervisors whom I admire, who are really come down to the floor, ask about us and work with us. I always strike for excellent, would like to work in a team, provide the best service. Therefore I decide to leave for a better working company.
An employer of ORMC
Dietary Hostess (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMay 14, 2013
Working in Oconee Medical Center is very demanding and challenging, but a great learning experience. The co-workers are enjoyable to be around. Though working in ORMC is demanding and challenging, it is very fun and easy going. You have your bad days, but even the bad days are worth while. The management can use some improvement. Overall, Oconee Regional Medical Center is a nice work environment.
Pros
the duties
Cons
no cons
Fast paced, serious job, with professional responsiliblies
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAAugust 12, 2013
Is a good place the work, the people that are working with me are great people. The management is very good. The hardest part for me is the doctor to doctor transfers. Working with nice people is always a good thing. Overall rating is 5 stars.
Cons
alot of sitting
Constant Work, but with Fun Employees
File Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJuly 6, 2014
It was your typical office job. I filed records and pulled them for doctors as needed. There was no pay since it was a volunteer job, but i did get free lunches and snacks. The employees were fun to be around and talk to.
Pros
free lunches, easy work
Cons
repetitive work, no pay
Fast paced ER with a variety of patients.
RN/Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAMarch 9, 2014
I have learned how to become a better leader and to face any and every challenge head on. I started out as a unit secretary and have worked my way up. So with that being said I have the uttermost respect for every position in the hospital. Each and every person plays an important role in each patient's stay. In the ER you hit the ground running as soon as you walk in onto the unit and you are still running when it is time to clock. I have seen many managers come and go in the ER but I will definitely say the one that we have now, has improved morale tremendously. I have a low tolerance for laziness, I feel that we all should work as a team to get everything accomplished and then in our down time we should cut up. As a nurse you have to have a good sense of humor or you would go crazy. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing the difference that you make in someone's life.
Pros
3 days a week, benefits, retirement
Cons
short staffed
Hospital facility
ORDERLY (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJune 6, 2014
Reported to work at 7am-3pm, to hospital floor assigned for that particular day. Performed my duties as the hospital orderly. I work in a number of settings throughout the hospital.
Pros
gaining experience in every department assigned
Cons
not staying in one specific area
Want to join your team
Dietary Cook/Aide (Current Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAJanuary 10, 2015
I would really like it if I could get on your team, and show my talent in cooking, and other field. the hostipal is a great place to work, but I would like to work on your team.
Busy and Interesting
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GaMay 22, 2013
worked 3 to 11, learned how to stick patients under all conditions, management was fair, hardest part of job was sticking babies and little children, most enjoyable part of job was "kinda being on my own" by working evening shift
Dealt with variety people
EVS TECH (Former Employee) –  Milledgeville, GAApril 11, 2012
I learned how to show stellar customer service, I came in contact with different people. The hardest part of the job was cleaning up the rooms with c-diff patients because the bleach made my head hurt
Pros
2 breaks
Cons
short breaks

2.9