Looking for a highly motivated person to fill a front office/back position in a business internal medicine office.
Brief Job Description
- Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Schedules appointment for patients with various providers.
- Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Updates appointment calendars.
- Maintains fax machines, assists users, sends faxes, and retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
- Takes payments for services and products.
- Creates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Performs other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Rooms patients
- Familiar with referrals and prior authorizations
- After provider review calls back on lab/imaging results.
One year experience answering telephones and/or switchboard
One year experience greeting patients and/or visitors at a front desk.
Ability to handle large volume of phone calls appropriately and professionally.
One to three months related medical office experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience with electronic medical records, Eclinical works a plus.
Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to patients, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
Able to spell and obtain information accurately.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
For medical assistants a certificate of completion of the field of study.
Indeed - 17 months ago
As specialists in Internal Medicine we are trained to provide Primary Care for patients 16 years and older, simply we are “Doctors for...